Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The Chemical Brothers aren't really EDM in the way that a lot of this thread's stuff is, but holy poo poo, let's appreciate their new album here and how it sounds like something from the mid-90s with modern production :eyepop:

It's straight up acid house in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd44Vjgntvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-43Jbi26o

This album rules, I've been bumping it all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Moonlight Rendez-vous is like a soul song from decades ago with sub bass

e: Okay, after the first listen, it's a cool album but definitely not my favorite Justice album. Honestly, I was hoping for more tracks like Generator, but I guess that's not what this album is. The production on the album is pretty interesting, though. I'll listen again tomorrow.

I like the singles a lot more now that I can hear the album as a cohesive thing.

AVD and Cross might still be my faves though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Neverender is the better Tame Impala song.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

In my opinion the album falls apart on Explorer. The Miguel song is cool, and the final track with Thundercat is also, but it just doesn't really recover after the album takes a boring turn.

I've listened twice now and I agree with this, Moonlight to Explorer is cool but I think it should end at the Thundercat song literally.