Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, I agree overall that Krillin is rad, but paralleling Vegeta in any way before the very end of Z is not a good look. Even when Vegeta did something not dicky like lashing out at Perfect Cell after he came back and killed Trunks he still managed to be a pain in the rear end.

thats kind of the point. krillin did it for good reasons. vegeta did it for dumb reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean, the androids weren’t super evil like in the bad timeline where they genocided the human race, but they explicitly stated they were gonna kill Goku for kicks (or I guess in 16’s case it’s because he was programmed properly), I can’t blame everyone else for feeling the way they did.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Krillin owns especially once it's revealed that Goku is a space alien superman and that's why he's 10% stronger than the bald kid who tried hard to carry turtle shells.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, the androids weren’t super evil like in the bad timeline where they genocided the human race, but they explicitly stated they were gonna kill Goku for kicks (or I guess in 16’s case it’s because he was programmed properly), I can’t blame everyone else for feeling the way they did.

I mean I absolutely can, considering 'everyone else' involves a woman who shot him in the head, an ex-assassin who tried to kill him, a reincarnated demon king who tried to kill him(and actually did once), a bandit who tried to kill him, and the prince of all Saiyans who tried to kill him.

A specific attempt or desire to kill Goku makes it more, not less likely you'll be great friends.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Krillin is one of the few friends Goku has who hasn't tried to kill him at some point, isn't he?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Krillin is one of the few friends Goku has who hasn't tried to kill him at some point, isn't he?

Yup (though he did start out as a slightly more antagonistic rival), even Bulma shot him in the face when they first met

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Schubalts posted:

No but screwing Goku over that one time by throwing away that stone they were looking for so Goku couldn't eat that night could be considered a worse action than attempting murder, in Goku's case.

Even if it did turn out to be for the best because the rest of them got food poisoning (can Goku even get food poisoning?)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Krillin doing what he can to help keep 18 makes sense. Not keeping the button in case things go to hell is a bit more debatable.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

No but screwing Goku over that one time by throwing away that stone they were looking for so Goku couldn't eat that night could be considered a worse action than attempting murder, in Goku's case.

Even if it did turn out to be for the best because the rest of them got food poisoning (can Goku even get food poisoning?)

If Beerus can, I'm sure Goku can.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Should've waited until Cell was halfway through eating 18 and then pressed the button

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Schubalts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_OT-ahaYbQ

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't know if any of you have kids who watch Bluey, but in the latest episode, Bluey's toy looked inspired by something..

Bluey, the latest member of the Frieza Force!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Kanos posted:

The ToP went way out of its way to give everybody on the team a good showing, with the singular exception of Tien. Several characters who aren't named Goku and Vegeta even got multiple fights.

did Tien even get a "oh by the way.." buff in the same way Roshi and #17 did that they somehow somewhere close enough to Goku to be in the tournament

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The worst part of Toei making GBS threads on Krillin is that it all started because that one dude there though that by default, bigger = stronger, so Tenshinhan got hyped way more than he should while Krillin got dunked on.

Except if the dude actually READ Dragonball, he'd see that Toriyama always does a smaller = stronger thing. Vegeta is stronger than Nappa, Freeza's most powerful form is his strongest, Perfect Cell slims down immensely from semi-perfect, and while Kid Buu might be the weakest, he's the most dangerous and the "final" boss. This continues in Super with everyone but Jiren, really (look how small Beerus is).

GateOfD posted:

did Tien even get a "oh by the way.." buff in the same way Roshi and #17 did that they somehow somewhere close enough to Goku to be in the tournament

Nope. In the recruitment arc, Krillin and Gohan got an onscreen buff, Roshi, 17, and Piccolo trained offscreen, and Tenshinhan...got owned in his recruitment episode. He literally just got dunked on for the entire ep.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tien opened a dojo to teach others the secret art of serving no purpose after Piccolo showed up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, through a good chunk of the original Dragon Ball Goku HIMSELF was proving the “smaller = stronger” angle over and over again

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Remember when Broly's creator got super pissed that Beerus was so strong despite essentially be emaciated?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Mr.Acula posted:

The next time Krillin threw a stone, it hit Goku's head.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Schubalts posted:

he threw a rock at his head... that could have killed him

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he threw a rock at his head... that could have killed him

Goku took a bullet to the head in his first appearance, a rock is nothing (both did still hurt though)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That rock scene was Toei filler. Not a bad scene tho.

I also kind of like that Toei made Goku afraid of needles.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkYaQ3FR7hc

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

GateOfD posted:

Tien's recruitment episode served as a vehicle for Master Roshi to be a sex pervert, get mind controlled, and absolutely one-sidedly beat the everloving poo poo out of Tien while mind controlled. Then Goku shows up and goes "dang, Master Roshi has been training, huh", saves Master Roshi, and goes "oh Tien you can come too".

Then there's a separate training episode of Goku and Tien vs Gohan and Piccolo, where Goku proceeds to be the worst teammate ever and Gohan axe handles Tien into the Earth's crust immediately before Tien can do anything at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Remember when Broly's creator got super pissed that Beerus was so strong despite essentially be emaciated?

No

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Last Celebration posted:

Well, you know, lots of people try and kill Goku. It's only a hundred dollar fine now.

I remember as a kid thinking the androids were evil, but in hindsight, they didn't actually DO all that much in the main timeline. They stole some stuff, but other than that one fight with Vegeta, I don't remember them really doing anything other than be threatening.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
To be fair it's a time travel plot so threatening has more weight than usual.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

Well, you know, lots of people try and kill Goku. It's only a hundred dollar fine now.

I remember as a kid thinking the androids were evil, but in hindsight, they didn't actually DO all that much in the main timeline. They stole some stuff, but other than that one fight with Vegeta, I don't remember them really doing anything other than be threatening.

There's a line in the manga basically about how Dr. Gero upping their power made them less likely to obey orders (or something akin to that), which goes hand-in-hand with the "they're somehow STRONGER than they were in Trunks' timeline" statement. The ones that woke up in the main timeline were awoken preemptively

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teaching the importance of getting a full night's sleep.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Goku fusing dancing with Vegeta to have the stamina to smoke the dankest kush without passing out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/one-dragon-ball-writer-thinks-broly-is-a-better-baddie-than-beer/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
Broly sucked until he didn't, his creator is irrelevant

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that isnt remotely what that quote says

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

These type of articles are very funny because its basically a whole lot of nothing. "Broly is a very popular villain who was in three movies! Some fans think he's stronger than Beerus who is a god and the strongest fighter in the universe". Like, ok? That's not news.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if someone attempts to post something from comicbook dot com a nun with a ruler should spontaneously appear and rap their knuckles

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

beerus is stronger than broly because toriyama said so topic locked

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, I agree overall that Krillin is rad, but paralleling Vegeta in any way before the very end of Z is not a good look. Even when Vegeta did something not dicky like lashing out at Perfect Cell after he came back and killed Trunks he still managed to be a pain in the rear end.

I mean, there's a kind of giant difference between "letting this villain become stronger because you want to fight him" and "refusing to murder someone to prevent the villain from becoming stronger."

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

That site has as much worth as a link to a kotaku article.

Also, I would have loved the return of Yamcha with Wolf Fang Fist, instead of Tien's failed shadow clone no jutsu

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 22, 2024

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

tien is really funny to me because all of his techniques are like "i can clone myself but each clone is really weak" or "i can shoot a deadly ray but it takes a year off my life" or "i can parallel park but only if i get high first" and meanwhile the universe is full of people who have the same powers but without the drawbacks. like there was no reason for him to do it that way

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
To be fair I bet if Goku ever did a Tribeam it would probably put out enough power to justify the staggering cost. Man, imagine how much problems could be solved if Goku just tribeamed Perfect Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Last Celebration posted:

To be fair I bet if Goku ever did a Tribeam it would probably put out enough power to justify the staggering cost. Man, imagine how much problems could be solved if Goku just tribeamed Perfect Cell.

Logically Perfect Cell could just fire one back at him.