Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i started playing this. bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nyaa posted:

How does the shadow realm feel?

i just had a match where I comic handed someone's Winged Dragon of Ra so the shadow realm of people running terrible decks against my terrible deck in bronze owns op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
passing up on using UR gems to craft a third staple handtrap versus spending them on Transmission Gear

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i am going to make an "actual" deck soon, probably Abyss Actors, but i am having way too much fun with my terrible toon deck based on stealing monsters. i think "cards that would be busted and banned in any playable archetype" is one of my favorite card genres

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they get a tutor which can search basically any card in its archetype, including itself and another archetype-specific tutor, and a better version of banned card Snatch Steal which also gives the stolen card direct attack, immunity to battle/card effect destruction, and immunity to targeting, and it still just bricks half the time and has a terrible time dealing with negation or backrow removal

one of my favorite things is that - since the deck likes special-summoning level 7s, slotting in Big Eye in the extra deck for even more monster-stealing fun. and it sometimes does work because most decks still dont really like having boss monsters stolen, or facing an OTK's worth of direct damage bypassing their board

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 19, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
anyway i liked the pendulum tutorial missions so someone recommended me Abyss Actors which looked fun. that and trains because i like it when the monsters have big numbers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
give me blue eyes toon as a field mate, cowards at konami

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was looking at floo because of that and also because the art on it owns but it doesn't have any packs so i think you have to craft it all manually?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
not going to complain about maxx c but i will definitely yell at the MD banlist after having two people topdeck Grass Looks Greener against me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nibiru + comic hand is such a funny OTK combo when it happens

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this tryout event is why I finally crafted a Transmission Gear it owns so much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol if you steal an opponent's Orgoth you can activate it's effect again and add even more damage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah sure archetype bad, where's my toon gate starring max pegasus konami

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i bought cardboard because i really want to play purrleys. help

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
floo simply is overpowered by its "turns opponents maxx c's into dead draws" effect

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i play bad gimmick decks in Gold/lower plat all the time

also as far as F2P games go, Master Duel is really, really generous for giving out your yugibucks, the biggest brick wall is probably UR gems for crafting staples, so i'd concentrate on getting those in your deck first (e.g. 3x Maxx C, 3x Ash Blossom etc)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also dont get the generic booster packs those are a waste of money.

something the game is bad at telling you is that if you craft a SR/UR of an archetype monster which has a "secret" pack available, it'll unlock that pack for purchase, and its much better to get the boosters of an archetype you're actually interested in instead of hoping it drops from the generic packs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i actually think gold is better than bronze/silver for not running into smurfing meta-deck users, for whatever reason

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
planet pathfinder is also a great N-level staple if you happen to be running field spells

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Julias posted:

I actually wish that it wouldn't highlight the imperm column, as it's intentionally testing the memory of both players and doesn't work that way irl.

i mean the game also reminds you every time you've got any sort of chainable effect and also doesn't do that irl

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Alright, thanks to everyone I built myself a lovely CyDra toolbox, primarily because I lucked into Megafleet when buying the staple packs, and have a CB deck developing in the background. Fought my way up to high gold and seem to be stalling out there for the minute. As far as staples I have 3x Maxx C, 2x Impermanence, and 1x Ash/Solemn/Lightning/Droplets/Called By so far. I did pick up a couple Super Polys so that I can Kaiju people with Jizukiru and then fuse it into Chimeratech Rampage instead of being forced to Contact fuse Fortress (gods, please give me Clockwork Night in this game soon), we'll see how good of a choice that is.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to ditch my long time habit of keeping Cyber Pharos around instead of using the Cyberdark Power Bond package. I didn't realise Realm could be searched by Emergency...

Supposing I just keep grinding out the solo gates for now? Does the game do events for gems and whatnot periodically? Do I want the gold Duel Pass or should I wait until I actually fill out the levels to redeem? Looks like it pays for itself if you top out at Lv100, how feasible is that?

I generally get the duel pass because it's both gems and crafting dust which is otherwise the biggest choke point for getting important UR cards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Purrely singles doubled in price overnight. This is bull poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Unhit purrely cowards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dude I hate EEV so much, people keep complaining about Maxx C when "quick effect hand rip for 5" is a thing that exists now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Got my epurrely noirs, now time to play this at locals despite never having played tbis drat game in person eve r

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sorry: epurrelys noirs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TaurusOxford posted:

Depends on whether or not Konami gains enough braincells to nuke the gently caress outta Tear before it releases.

Speaking of things needing to get nuked:

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1685119106322698240

I just love the massive useage gap between Maxx/Ash and Zeus, and Ash is only that high because of Maxx.

Maxx c stays winning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should make a card called Maxx "b" with the exact same effect so I can run 6 copies of it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its hard to make generalizations about the banlists but i think OCG is more fine with blatantly unfair stuff as long as its inconsistent, e.g. they're fine with Grass at 1 copy because having to run a 1-of as your wincon in a 60-card deck is enough of a downside for them

or keeping rhongo but making it hard to bring out to the point where you don't really see it in OCG topping decks anymore

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
are those Sky Striker supports competitive? kind of want to put one of those decks together as an option

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
id be fine with lab if they banned EEV

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mean aside from it also being a blowout to rogue decks which rely on spells, i just think "handripped for 4 on turn 0" is not an effect that should exist in the game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nooooo my extravs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TaurusOxford posted:

Floo player detected. :colbert:

i'm not a meta sheep. i built a lab deck

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's not reliable and tends to happen on like turn 5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
maxx c is epic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's cat time mother fuckers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

drrockso20 posted:

Decided on a whim to try playing this game again and yup I still completely loathe everything about how the modern game plays

ok

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kashtira aside I think most of the current decks are fun to play against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
honestly don't see that many pure omninegate-spam boards these days, unless you think swordsoul is excessively oppressive or something. sometimes if you open zero interactions they can set something up on you, but "you bricked and your opponent opened the nuts" can happen in any matchup.

i think a lot of people still have dryton herald turbo ptsd lol.