Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Cards with multiple or sequential effects also have them numbered in Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Dare I ask who Mika is/was?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Thanks!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Got my first crooked cook today.... AND FORGOT WHICH MONSTER HAS PIERCING DAMAGE and promptly fused her off to try and bounce it with Zeus. :suicide:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Looks like the first Master Duel event has been announced: XYZ summoning. Any recommendations for a cheap and/or newb friendly archtype? I realize I'm going to get rocked by everybody playing the meta Tribrigade/Zoodiac decks, but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull that off without a flow chart.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'd hope that they give more points for doing the right sort of summon than they do for winning and/or ban the other flavors of extra deck monsters.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Nurse-burn Tri-and-Guess is going to be hilarious.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So far, my favorite out for dealing with combinations of "is unaffected by card effects" and "can't be destroyed by battle" is Underworld Goddess of the Closed World. I realize that a Kaiju or Lava Golem would be cheaper, but I've also had exactly one opponent not scoop the moment she got on the field... and he tried to torrential her and scooped when it didn't work.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm playing Evil * Twin. Getting three effect monsters on my side of the field isn't the choke point.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

That feeling when you're just trying to get that last "play a ranked duel" mission out of the way and your opponent had lethal 3 syncho summons ago so you just tab out.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm slightly regretting going for Trains over Nurse Burn, but I was going to build both of them eventually. Hopefully the next event gives bonus points for performing the correct flavor of summoning.

*edit*

^^^ Because monsters on the field are irrelevant and slow the matches down right now and it's 58 losses per day to get all the event rewards.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Mekk-Knights are very fun. I think another deck that's very interesting is Code Talkers. Megaliths are a strong ritual deck with insane build variety. Kragen Control is a neat Water deck.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the Megalith gimmick, I still don't know how I beat the solo mode for them other than just bashing my head against it until the AI decks bricked. Use level 10 in hand to summon level 4, use level 4 to... gently caress they're in my graveyard.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Left Shark Crooked Cook isn't immune to being tributed, or piercing damage, and if you manage to summon something else to their side of the field you can punch it right the 700 defense nose.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah, that's the thing I both love and hate about the best of one format. No sidedeck means you have to run all sorts of things in every match in order to have outs for as many gimmicks as possible.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm just curios as to how they got the pots of greed.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Oh nice, they're going to rebalance some of the really bad solo gates.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Ahaha. That poor Traptrix player. I ate a Nib on turn 1, an I:P Masq, a kaiju, and wound up tributing their Underworld Goddess of the Closed World to summon my own and win the game. I'm glad Evil * Twins have so many combo starters, I think I had to rebuild my board from scratch every single turn.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm definatly regretting hitting plat a few hours before the end of the last ranking, gold is full of plat tryhards right now and I think I've managed to end a turn with a card on the field once out of the past three games.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Nyaa posted:

It would be great if the game can pairs players based on their equipable title, which include Casual.

I'd only do that for unranked matches, otherwise you'd get people smurfing for eas(y/ier) points.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is too much weird synergy in this game for that to work.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Decks that can win Maxx C challenge: Drytron, Synchron, Mayakashi, Six Samurai...

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Love to superpolymerization away my opponent's Borreload Savage Dragon into my Dragonmaid Sheou and prompt a concession when Sheou + House dumps a Nurse, Chamber, and Kitchen in their standby phase. :getin:

Is there anything that Dragonmaid can do with a rank 2 link monster with no functioning abilities? Had a fun interaction where I targeted Sheou with a destruction effect, and then they scooped when I gave them the link monster in exchange for the House.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Biggest thing I can think of would be using it as Knightmare Phoenix food, but lord that'd suck regardless.

I'm not sure I'd scoop but playing out of that situation feels like it would be a huge uphill battle.

That's sort of what I thought. Evil ★ Twin Present is such a terrible card, but it's also my number two for "Opponent scoops on resolution of effect" behind Underworld Goddess of the Sealed World.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Dabir posted:

What's a good synchro deck that's not too hard to get into in master duel? I figure I should start planning ahead in case they do run that synchro event.

I'm thinking Miyakashi Bone Mill, but that's mostly because it keeps showing up in my youtube reccomends.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Wish that Duel Master would let me save more than 10 matches, I kinda wish I could keep a record of this match against Danger! where I bet that Droll & Lock Bird wasn't the bottom card in my deck and won.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So I got through the first four matches of the new Master Duel gate without understanding the complaints about balance, and I have now reached the Black Magician vs Toons match where the Magicians only have two outs for Bookmark that don't involve getting a level 8+ fusion monster on the board. Needing three cards in hand to deal with a one card combo is not a fair fight Konami.

On the subject of Megaliths, this showed up in my recomends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LST3DNGb9k

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

How did you make it through Duelist Kingdom Red-Eyes vs Barrel Dragon without any fuss, that loaner deck is terrible.

My starting hand was the materials for Red-Eyes Slash Dragon and Trap Hole of Spikes.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Also censored religious symbols, guns, and violence.

Also also, I just met the fabled Drytron Player Who Can't Read and got his entire deck shut down by a drunken tapir because he apparently wasn't running any spell based removal.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Natasha itselr certainly works, I was wondering if Bagooska would shut the combo down enough to stop you getting there. I suspect not given that the only thing it really blocks is Diviner.

Natasha only works if you're running it. Looking at his deck list... Access Code Talker, and Raigeki are his only outs to Bagooska after he burned the Herald of Orange Light on my Evil Twin. Watching him try Ultimateness, Zeus, and a few other thing was hilarious though.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I don't understand this Silent Gadget deck. Let's take two and a half archtypes and beerslam them so that you'll never have enough support for whichever monsters you wind up with in hand. Also I love the "beware this trap card!" in the match description when the only back row removal is a single feather duster.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I do wonder what they're going to do for archtypes that got single cards added for support. Does Trouble Sunny show up in a solo gate? Randomly get added to the pack? Only show up in Master Packs?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

triple sulk posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/td5hgi/yugioh_ocg_april_2022_banlist/

From the comments:

Newly Forbidden:
Imperial Order (Limited ⇒ Forbidden)
Predaplant Verte Anaconda (Limited ⇒ Forbidden)

Newly Limited:
Water Enchantress of the Temple (Semi-Limited ⇒ Limited)
Fusion Destiny (Forbidden ⇒ Limited)
Rite of Aramesir (Semi-Limited ⇒ Limited)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Harmonizing Magician (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Orcust Harp Horror (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Night Assailant (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Tri-Brigade Fraktall (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
The Beginning of the End (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Branded Opening (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Divine Wind of the Mist Valley (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Pot of Prosperity (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Raigeki (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)

Newly Unlimited:
Altergeist Multifaker (Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
A Hero Lives (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
Memories of Hope (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
Metaverse (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)

The Order is no longer Imperial.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Damnit, I was going to try learning Megalith for this, now I need a new plan.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Welp, I've once again Peter Principled my way into plat. I'm sure that all of my last ten matches were happy to see something that wasn't Eldlich, [x]/Tribrigade, or Drytron.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

Probably anything with spiral phantasm in the name or effect, so no pacifis or the traps/equips, so there goes the entire point of the deck.

I also have that deck on both accounts so welp

Well, one advantage of loosing your n/r deck is that at least it was cheap. (Unless you tried for a full foil playset >_> <_< )

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

This deck just had a bad time against my Evil Twins. I can't figure out what the win condition actually is, just annoying the opponent into surrendering?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I was kinda hoping for Suships myself.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Vandar posted:

They're in the first pack. They're probably going to be low rarity too.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Gunkan is Suship.

Awesome!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Just had an extremely confused Tri-brigade player burn 5 cards trying to out my Underworld Goddess, pity I later miscounted special summons and ate a Nib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm having fun with evil twins, but the only way to beat Drytron is going first and getting lucky.