Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Exodia still around, asking from my memories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The last time I really paid attention to Yugioh was early 5D's era (08-09 jfc) and I looked through the ban list just for nostalgia sake

they really unbanned Chaos Emperor Dragon? RIP to the OG banhammer

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I remember when the top decks were Lightsworn and DAD and all that stuff. Is any of the "classic" stuff still playable nowadays?

All the new summoning mechanics since then seem wild

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 28, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Given you get a monarch structure deck for free, is investing in the Monarch secret booster pack a good idea? Monarchs are very much a retro choice, but its what I remember from when I played a decade+ ago. HERO cards were used in the Perfect Circle build, what packs are those in? If I wanted to make a more modern deck, where should I start? I remember someone mentioned Burning Abyss is usually competitive. I have that pack unlocked too.

Are the secret boosters really only available for 24 hours?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

How is your card pool shared between decks? The game gives you a free Monster Reborn almost immediately. Can I use that one copy in every deck I build, or do I need multiple copies for multiple decks?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Charles Bukowski posted:

You can use the same cards in multiple decks.

Cool

Can someone explain Anchamoufrite to me? It has a bunch of effects based on it being the only card in your extra deck, but Ancha is a main deck monster and I'm really confused

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Someone tell me about Elementsabers. I got a bunch of them since they're in the same pack as Monarchs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

You can run 3 Raigeki now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I'm pretty sure the AI cheats in the final gem kinghts duel. Opening hand Effect Veiler every single time :argh:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Of all the structure decks the game gives you, which are the closest to meta/completive? Is it the Pendulum deck mentioned above?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hey everybody I've been playing Master Duel for past week and have been having a blast! I'm running Cyber Dragons, and Thunder Dragons as my main decks since the last time I payed attention to YGO was in 2018-2019 when the latter was meta. I just hit Platinum, so I think I'm doing decently well for myself. I even OTK'd a guy with his own card to get there!

Also fortunately I haven't fought Drytons yet, so I don't know why they're apparently the most hated deck in the game. What's their deal, and what's my counterplay?

https://www.reddit.com/r/masterduel/comments/seihds/drytron_turn_1_combo_for_people_trying_to_learn/

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I finished dueling a guy where, if he attacked at the start of his turn he would have won.

Which he did, after finishing a completely unnecessary 20 card combo. I had a completely open field and no hand traps. loving Dryton players

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

So what competitive decks are possible to build for cheap? Prank-Kids is solid enough and the cards are not that expensive. What else is out there?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I managed to get out a Majesty's Fiend (no special summons allowed) on the first turn and my opponent immediately scooped. lol

In another duel, i was playing an Eldritch/Sky Strikers deck who had me on the ropes and was gonna win. He then scooped for some inexplicable reason. Double lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Played a guy who drew Raigeki and Feather Duster in his opening hand. He lost because his connection failed in the middle of an extraneous combo. lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MegaZeroX posted:

Yeah, but not all cases. Like, with Skystrikers, they are basically only going to be doing extra deck special summoning (at least for their first special summon), and when you Maxx C in response to an extra deck summon, it doesn't count that initial summon, you are better off just chaining Maxx C immediately when you know they are on it if they are going first, unless their first play is exactly to summon Raye, in which case its probably just better to hold it since it won't do anything because they can just chain her to their only special summon of the turn. If they are going second, then they will usually bring out Hayate first so you can also chain it to them sending a card from deck to GY, which will cause them to be in a bind, where they either let you draw 2, let you draw one and get the card they sent, let your draw one and get a search for some other card that isn't in the GY, or just awkwardly pass with Hayate out.

I played Skystrikers and managed to establish Domain of the Monarchs on my first turn. Other player had no counter and quickly realized the only move was to set and pass. I won in three-four turns

Props to them for not scooping

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Just played a dude who went first and FTKd me with Exodia. Has to happen to everyone at some point

If I had gone first, I would have gotten out Majesty's Fiend and locked out special summons, which would have completely stopped the version of Exodia they were running :argh:

Losses to Exodia FTK should not count against wins needed to promote a rank

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Bought a couple packs of the Eldlich secret packs and have gotten multiple copies of all the URs except Golden Boi himself :argh:

t:mad:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Terraforming being an UR slays me tho. It's a good card and all, but I'm pretty sure it was a common when it was released in 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Are there any fusion monsters that have generic fusion material, like 2 dark or 2 beasts? I pulled a super polymerization and that could be an interesting tech card.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I got about 4K Gems left and I'm pretty much tapped out on incoming free gems. Should I keep buying Eldlich packs and hope I pull 2 more copies of Golden Boi, or suck it up and burn 60 UR crafting points?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Touchdown Boy posted:

Thats rough, hard to say whats best. Have you any other decks and are they decent? If you dont plan on doing other decks cos you have some you like Id maybe pull for it... not sure though

Let's see.

I have a complete domain monarch deck that pretty decent. I need to craft more of the common staples (Maxx C, etc) to reduce the brick rate.

I have an elementsaber deck that's missing a core card or two. And whatever tech choices I feel like, Dark Armed Dragon and such

Eldlich, where the only core Eldlich I need is Golden Boi. Still have to craft staples

The kicker is that I bought a few Burning Abyss packs in the beginning and didn't know what I was doing. I would like to save my gems for this and finish it off

e- I have a finishes budget Prank Kids as well

tl;dr - I want to save my URs to craft staples, but I want to save gems to finish the BA deck. I've gotten more copies of the Eldlich fusion monster than Eldlich itself from pulls, which is really annoying

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 11, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Trying to get through Gold with Domain Monarchs is a trip. I can win 3 straight when I establish the special summon lockdown, then I will immediately lose 6 straight because of the high brick rate. Maybe I should learn how to play the Eldlich deck I made

I wonder if Konami is going to implement an Xyz-only banlist or something. Otherwise, I expect everyone will swap out their Maxx C for Flying C and poopoo the entire event

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Did Stygian Dirge get banned for this event? That card really screws over mono-level xyzs builds

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I hate Megaliths and never figured out quite how they worked

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

All aboard the suicide deck express :toot:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

triple sulk posted:

It's somehow more fun than playing the game normally

My and my opponent had a s suicide-off and the game somehow ended in a draw

It was a lot of fun

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

mandatory lesbian posted:

Goats teledad format right?

Goat is 2005 pre-Cyber Dragon. TeleDAD is 09 or 10

What are the waifu deck archetypes besides Dragonmaids? Asking for a friend

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Played a Prank Kids deck that tried to play through my Maxx C. Twice. Didn't end well for him

Then got my rear end kicked by a Salamangreat deck and only won because the other player timer expired lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Finally made Play with Monarchs :toot:

Helps when people don't read Majesty's/Vanity's Fiend and scoop when their own cards don't work

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 24, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

girl dick energy posted:

The funniest loving thing, IMO, is giving a Timelord player a Kaiju and then not destroying it, so they can't bring out their only monsters, and you have all the time you need to build up a board. Usually at that point, their only out is using their own Kaiju and crashing into it. (Though they can still summon a lord M2 if they manage it, so watch out for that.)

I played a timelor deck that got me down to 200 life points before I got a token on their side of the field that shut them down and I was able to cobble together a board and OTK them

god Timelords are obnoxious

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 25, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I played a dude who went first so I Maxx C'd him as usual. He managed to set up an infinite special summon loop which caused me to eventually deck out

Wanker

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Ardeem posted:

Decks that can win Maxx C challenge: Drytron, Synchron, Mayakashi, Six Samurai...

The deck I played against was Infernity, so add them to the list

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think Cleretic was asking about hte new arcethypes.

One of which is Mysterune https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Mysterune

They're based on first person RPGs and are built around slamming out your guys from the extra deck immedietly and using there effects for protection while you recycle quick play spells for disruption and milling.

Most of your quick play spells disrupt AND mill but you don't get to battle BUT your monsters are really only there to give further protection and searches.

ALSO THEY BANISH not send to GY so you can slap in SOul absorption and Fire Princess to be a huge rear end in a top hat.

Mysterune also work well with Magical Muskets of all things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJhpjfXZ2cY

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Charles Bukowski posted:

Earth machines are working well. Speedroids not so much because all the n/r generic wind synchros and links fuggin SUCK

I thought about playing Cyber Dragons to steal enemy machines for Fortress Dragon, but I have no idea how the rest of the deck would work against Megaliths and such

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Decided to go with Cyber Dragons for N/R and its pretty good so far aside from Metalfoes. Haven't played any other machine decks yet, which is disappointing

Invoked Cyber Dragons is apparently A Thing, so that's something to build towards after the festival

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Necrovalley and Summon Limit should be baked into the core rules imo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I run Monarchs and I just can't beat Dark Magician for some ludicrous reason. Blue Eyes is really easy for me otoh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Synchro event got announced :toot:

What's a decent deck that doesn't need 10 URs to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

TaurusOxford posted:

Cyber Dragons is a great choice. Channel your inner Zane.

Yeah, this.

I made CyDrags for N/R event, enjoyed it, and and built up a deck with all the Cyber URs and stuff