Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So how are the new rules/LINK cards or whatever? I kinda dropped out of playing some time right after pendulum hit outside of a few video game entries and the Link cards/new Special Summon zone seems interesting but weird. Do pendulum summoned monsters bypass that mechanic or is that summoning method's gimmick just hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Really hoping Abhyss end up being good. The tribute summoning from the graveyard and constant resurrection seems like a fun gimmick. Plus they're all Light and DArk so you can splash a lot of other poo poo in with them.

Doremichord being about pendulum summoning without actually pendulum summoning is such a weird niche. Hope they're at least fun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Duel Links was kind of supposed to be that at first, then turned into an object lesson in why Konami cannot be trusted to manage power creep.

It was more a lesson in that most of the early cards in the game were just kind of bad and unfun to play.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

https://ygorganization.com/lookoutladiesneoshasanewwingman/

E Hero will never die. Also boy there's a lot of instant fusion cards in here trying to make Neo Spacian work and I'm here for it honestly.

code:
Wake Up Your E HERO
Level 10 LIGHT Warrior Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2500 DEF 2100
Materials: 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster + 1+ Warrior monsters 
Must be Fusion Summoned.
(1) Gains 300 ATK for each Fusion Material used for its Summon. This card can make a number of attacks on monsters each Battle Phase, 
up to the number of Fusion Monsters used as material for its Summon.
(2) If this card battled a monster, after damage calculation: Destroy that monster, and if you do, inflict damage 
to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
(3) If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 Warrior monster from your hand or Deck. 
You know what, They made Manjome Thunder RP both fun and actually playable, maybe we can make Judai RP half decent. PLus I really like the art and idea behind most these new E-Hero cards. Neo Space and E Heroes working together, 'TO ME, MY HEROES!' as a fusion card, all top notch. I mean look, even Winged Kuriboh is in the team!

Wait why haven't they made HERO Winged Kuriboh card yet?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

Just give me a proper Wingman subtheme of HERO. They even introduced a fusion that specifically requires a Wingman as material with this batch of reveals.

Retcon all Phoenix Enforcers to be Phoenix Wingman enforcers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also in Master Duel I'm flipping between Madolche, Gem Knights and Trickstars and Lyrilusc because I like people to hate me.

Working on my Manjourme RP Deck in it now. Just need a few more of the armed dragons and I'll be up there giving them the 10000 power.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Where are the Ojamas fitting into your Manjoume RP deck? They need to be there, of course.

https://ygoprodeck.com/chazz-it-up-4/

This is the deck list I started with and then I just started loving with ratios and putting in generic support/defense staples as I win/lose and see what worked out. I did a lot of this on sim and now am trying to rebuild in Master Duel without just whaling for card pulls.

https://ygoprodeck.com/power-rangers-armed-dragons-chazz/

This one is probably a better starting point now, though. It also uses Armed D. Thunder level 10 which means you get to do the whole ONE! TEN! ONE HUNDRED! ONE THOUSAND! MAJOUME THUNDA! shtick as a recovery/alt win condition.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 16, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I will always take the Maxx C challenge

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

I'd much rather take silly OTK-suicide decks over everyone going super tryhard and making the event a miserable slog for anyone who doesn't play top-tier meta decks.

I too would rather not play the game instead of playing the game

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm having fun returning my entire opponents field to their deck and then going for kill with my cute monsters.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Isn't Yubel the one Kaiba launched into space? I'd definitely believe he had a custom fusion for that made like he clearly keeps doing for Blue-Eyes.

Yeah but we get to watch Pegasus physically make Rainbow dragon mid show so that one is definitely created magically. And given where they were and the whole plot being someone using the physical card Super Poly to fuse realities together I think they're just making poo poo out of thin air by that point in GX

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I play what I like and I play to win I don't care what my opponent plays

Except Sky Strikers. Watch a better anime you losers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Sky Strikers isnt based on Serial Experiments Lain, unless you hate that too. You seem to hate everything

That wasn't direct at you, quoting you, or even about you. It was throw away joke making fun of the archetype that's basically Strike Witches But Cards because the bit was "OH I like playing against everything but this one for [silly not game related reason]".

Also what are you talking about 80% of my posts here have been "Hero support Big HYPE!" or talking about having fun doing Madolche and Gem-Knights poo poo vs Maxx C.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 2, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Idk what strike witches is so tbf it is a case of me just not getting the joke, which is on me

It's 100% this. Skystrikers is based on a very bad anime.

It's basically me saying "Destony Heroes suck. Read better books".

Also you took it way too personal. Like what was with bringing up Lain?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

God I was just thinking about it, Gem -Knights are Genex 2.0 aren't they. Zefra is their third attempt, World Legacy is their fourth. Who at Konami is obsessed with the idea of taking a bunch of support cards for otherwise mechanically unrelated archetypes and glueing them together?

Gem-Knights are E Hero 2.0 (Elementally/Color Themed base team fuse together in many combinations, heavy focus on battle effects and pumping out more fusion, being canonically heroes with burning hearts of justice) and also good wtf?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

Gem-knights are a deck based on combining their own monsters with other ones of specific types/attributes more commonly found in other decks that they're connected to by lore. They're Genex.

No you can run pure GEm-Knights and cover every single type and attribute you need for every fusion.

Like they have pyros and thunder and aqua etc in their own archetype.

They just cover a poo poo ton of types with their fusions so there's overlap with other archetypes because those types aren't unique to Gem Knights. Like that's a dumb comparison. They're explicitly trying to be E-Hero 2.0

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

You can also do this with Genex. They might be E-heroes 2.0, but they're also Genex 2.0. Their fusion monsters even all have the thing you're supposed to fuse them with in their art.

But that's still not a sensible comparison. Because it's such a stretched idea that you could apply to any archetype with multiple Extra deck summons and multiple types. Which is... a lot of them.

It's not a useful comparison because it doesn't actually tell you anything about how the archetypes function comparatively nor how good nor bad they are.

Saying something is Genex 2.0 implies that they're probably pretty bad because what most people think about Genex is "Oh this is just half designed garbage" and not "Oh this in an archetype about summoning with multiple types". Calling them say, E-Hero 2.0 does actually give you an idea about their intended playstyle and concept. Gem-Knights were not intended to be played with anything but gem-knights. Because their designs and lore specifically are built around them fusing with one another and they cover everything then need so the phrase

Dabir posted:

taking a bunch of support cards for otherwise mechanically unrelated archetypes and glueing them together?

is just a bad read on the archetype. Their support is all focused on them specifically outside of Gem-Rose which is a anime reference card meaning it's designed for that first and not strictly for use in the actual card game.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 6, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Deskbots are relatively simple.

Speedroids are pretty simple once you learn like.. the combo it's just a lot of making GBS threads everything out on the board.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

And that's why you have to out resource them by making many adorable Deserts and showing them the absolute power of a True Monarch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I think Cleretic was asking about hte new arcethypes.

One of which is Mysterune https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Mysterune

They're based on first person RPGs and are built around slamming out your guys from the extra deck immedietly and using there effects for protection while you recycle quick play spells for disruption and milling.

quote:

Spring of the Mysterune
Field Spell:
You can activate "Mysterune" Quick-Play Spell Cards from your hand during your opponent's turn. Once per turn, if you activate a "Mysterune" Quick-Play Spell Card: You can target up to 3 "Mysterune" Quick-Play Spells in your GY; place them on the bottom of the Deck in any order, then draw that many cards.

quote:

Deceit of the Myster Rune
Continuous Spell:
You can only control 1 "Deceit of the Mysterune". Each time a Quick-Play Spell Card is activated: Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck.

Most of your quick play spells disrupt AND mill but you don't get to battle BUT your monsters are really only there to give further protection and searches.

ALSO THEY BANISH not send to GY so you can slap in SOul absorption and Fire Princess to be a huge rear end in a top hat.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 13, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I was asking about both, actually. And both of them sound absolutely wonderful. gently caress yeah, I want to aggressively play Morrowind at my opponent.

It's just disgusting. Very excited for it.I wonder if you could slap in some of the spell counter lords to really accelerate poo poo. you're limited to 1 of each quick spell per turn but there's like 7 of them so you just gotta keep searching.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Valiants also seems like it'll be insanely fun. You force your opponent ot play an SRPG in a card game format where you're physically shoving their monsters into the spell/trap zone like they're crystal beasts to brick them up.

Hell on of them acts as a archetype fusion when it's summoned by movement and you can forced that on an opponents turn and one of hte fusions just let's you set an effect monster to any spell/trap zone as a main phase only quick effect.

You just slap their boss monster into the s/t to be a brick.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Learning to play D/D/D because I learned it has ways to stop both Nabiru AND Zeus.

fake edit: Oh god I have to read so many monsters with the same name +adjective.

Edit: Yo this linker is pretty strong.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm doing Metalfoes F.A. and it's incredibly fun. Popping your own cards to draw and search and flood the board with the baboon plant guy then you Fuse out to Metalfoes to recycle the Spell/traps and monsters to search next turn and eventually ending on like, Metalfoes Mithrilium Odd-Eyes Absolute, Heartlandraco and cross sheep and a clear enemy board.

or you just make you FA Hang On Mach very big, banish everything and use the quick play spell to put it in defense and pop a card on your opponents turn.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 24, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I have won the battle within myself. I have abandoned Gem-Knight Fusion Combo Spam.

I am now playing Lunalight Fusion Combo Spam.

All hail the 7000 attacking beater that gets to hit every monster on the field twice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I've also picked up Lyrilusc trying to win with the fusion or stacking the one bird Very Very Big.

I'm just going full Furry for the game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Haven't played rank since the last reset (mostly just did the XYZ and N/R stuff) and holy poo poo even in gold no one is prepared for "This bird just hits you 6 times if I go second and I win". I'm like at a 90% winrate and am just flying up these ranks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_OCG_INFO/status/1509546075522158592?t=ggbCqnnfaeQQwT1RIzIdjw&s=19

Mokey mokey support!!!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I would like to do a progression series myself

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dragon maid players elects to go first, sets 3 passes. I duster (Aside feather storm also being an hfd recycler is insane), Play lyrilusc bird call get Maxx C'd and elect not to summon anything, pass.

Okay so they're down to 1 card in hand, they play a maid get a spell link to Striker Dragon, play a spell to ressurect, link into Heiretic Seal. "Okay that might be an issue...I'll have to bait out something or go Nightning Gale first to get the protecti-"

They then banish to ressurect another dragonmaid to link up to the no effect Gaia Linker hit me for 2.6k and pass.

But why though?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Is there a good version of Dark Magician decks anywhere because I keep facing them as I climb up silver and they all seem...very bad

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It's just a lot of continuous s/ts that Do A Lot Of Things but they just all seem to die to just...Going in because they spent their whole gameplan making some lovely reoccurring beaters that enable some not-great destruction cards.

Aside again: I know I've said it but holy poo poo Feather storm is the dumbest loving card.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also there's just amazing blue eyes retains and support. CHAOS MAX and jet and poo poo like that. All of dms additions are just...spam dm more and maybe banish 1 thing for it. And blue eyes spam also let's go go into rank 8 poo poo which is fun

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I'd say the main thing Dark Magician has over Blue-Eyes is that Eternal Soul is better than True Light, and they kinda have better ways to protect it.

It's still fairly easy to just beat their heads in if you get a monster stronger than 2800 Attack on the field, but if you don't then Dark Magician can be harder to out because of that.

Yeah but blue eyes doesn't really need true light to make plays and eternal soul seems very crucial to DMs playbook

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vandar posted:

Eternal Soul and True Light are both poo poo and I’m going to keep waving this flag.

I still think it’s hilarious that Blue-Eyes support consists of an entire freaking cult while the Dark Magician’s key support is uh…a shirt and a stick. Good job guys, wank off Kaiba some more why don’t you. :v:

I don't think eternal soul is good I think it's probably the best non-extra deck bit of support they've got

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 7, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dark Magician spawned a while archetype based on his support card that infinitely more fun and less poo poo than dm.

Magicians Girl so much better than DM.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

It really isn't a good idea to unban hosed up cards, even if there are other hosed up cards in the format.

Just ban verte and its fine.

Also ban Halqi. Bring back usable tuners please.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dragoon isn't that good and is much worse without a free easily searchable fusion for it with Verte. To run it you'd either have to add another 2 garnets to get reliable searchers or just pray to top deck it. Banning Verte and Halqi fix many such issuesm

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blue Eyes Trishula turbo was my go to as a first thought.

Or just speedroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Alright my opponent managed to out my Big Tri-Brigade bird AND Simough what can I do to beat this lady?

That'll do.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 9, 2022