Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m a total newbie at this but a streamer I watch started up Master Duel the other night and this combo-heavy play style I’m seeing has convinced me to give it a shot.

Her coach (a YGO focused streamer) did also recommend that an archetype called Salamangreat is a good choice for a totally new player because of… something about hand traps? The learning games they were having were Sky Striker (coach) vs Cyber Dragon (learner, who has plenty of experience in other CCGs but nothing recent in this).

Anything else I might want to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Good players sometimes make mistakes.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Speaking of Magicians, what good Spellcaster archetypes are there?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

girl dick energy posted:

The legacy packs are almost entirely useless, and are packed together as "cards that showed up in the anime and that no one would otherwise want." Mystical Refpanel was actually important in one duel, and all the good important cards are in other packs, so it's kind of winning UR by default.

I think my worst pull out of a legacy pack has been of all things World Legacy Armor.

It’s a relatively recent-seeming card, yes, but you also get a free playset of it anyway, so now I just have an extra one I can’t do anything with.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Megaliths are cool but I have trouble with overassociation because the Mother Corps from PSO2 are also named after the Olympian spirits

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think my current ranked deck just makes me this “Soulburner” guy, who as a non-anime-watcher I know nothing about

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

General Morden posted:

Well Yuriko ninjas relies on having a lot of elusive, often untargetable units so there's also that. They also tend to cycle back and forth between your hand and the battle field, through the ninjutsu mechanic.

Self-bounce? Check out Starry Night Dragon. Or was it Starry Knight Dragon…?

edit: Starry Night, Starry Dragon. Supported by the Starry Knight cards.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 5, 2022

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ardeem posted:

Damnit, I was going to try learning Megalith for this, now I need a new plan.

Me too. Ugh.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm gonna build Mathmechs on both my accounts, I love those guys and also math.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Zodack posted:

My other decks are a splash of Mekk Knight+Crusadia, earth machines, Shaddoll, and the Invoked engine for where I need it.

Speaking of Invoked, where is the Invoked engine good and why?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think I’m gonna have to loaner this one, I’ve heard Synchro decks are expensive and I had to pause for finals.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Justin_Brett posted:

Not really enjoying this 'hit surrender if you don't have Ash for Junk Speeder' event.

I’ve mostly been seeing Speedroids. Are things different in Gold?

(Since I’m using the Speedroid loaner this means I’m seeing a lot of mirrors.)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I did get a bunch of Witchcrafters pulling for my Invoked stuff… maybe I run that for maindeck-only if they do it?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

well. Time to see what else I can cut from my salad ED (probably Heatleo #2 and Bagooska; the line that makes it rarely comes up ime and I’m not sure how to properly use him Balelynx #3)

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 21, 2022

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

That solo duel where you have to use ursarctic/meklord versus the perfect meklord/galaxy photon deck and also the AI probably has destiny draw still haunts me

Isn’t that mekk-knights, not meklords?

I don’t remember that one being much of a pain, maybe I just got lucky

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

DPE has sucked all the fun out of the game especially during this event

I’m not even seeing DPE that often and I’m still feeling like the fun got sucked out

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yeah I'm not quite sure what I do for Links fest. I've run lots of salad but the consistency booster from their Xyz monster is massive. I should have something resembling a Tri-Brigade deck though... I just don't know how to play them.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I guess it kind of depends. The big new hotness in the meta right now is Swordsoul-Tenyi, which also has the benefit of half of it being in a Selection Pack. On the other hand, a new one should be available in just a couple days featuring Adventurer Tokens and Floowandereeze.

However, if you haven’t bought the special bundle packs yet start with those. You’ll get one copy each of powerful cards you can use anywhere and 10 packs of… well, could be just about anything in them. Probably snag Ash, Imperm, Solemn, and finally Lightning Storm, I’d say

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Dogmatika, Tribrigade, Despia and Springans are part of that same storyline, and there's some Albaz fusions reflecting that. Upcoming there's also Splights and Therions.

And Icejade, I think?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hizke posted:

Ecclesia dies offscreen, on her way back to her home planet.

So is Ecclesia an Alien, a Graydle, or a Worm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also it calls out it's archetype name. Since this one hard limits their effects to OPT each during the turn it's activated I wonder if they'll do something to try and keep you from having too big a hand at the end of it. Maybe there's gonna be little guys that summon to field when you draw them outside of draw. Interesting design space IMO

the word “other” in there reads to me like you get this card’s effect plus one other card from that archetype, if you use this one.

quote:

ALSO ALSO: They're a water aqua which means TEARLAMENT STRONGEST

Tears are DARK, though…