Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Midnight Pooptrain posted:

One Shot, the Scott Adkins vehicle, now has a sequel called One More Shot. Gonna watch it later today.

Third better be called One Last Shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like it when I don't notice a shot is a oner until most of the way through it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just watched Code of Silence. It's is a decent action film full of "Hey it's that guy !" Character Actors but it is let down by the fact that it stars Chuck Norris. And while Chuck is quite good at kicking he is a very bad actor and about as charismatic as a bag full of doorknobs so he's just this weird void in a film full of much better actors.

Still a fairly solid film and like a lot of films of that era it's wonderfully crusty and sweaty and all the locations feel rundown which adds to the grittiness.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

trevorreznik posted:

It's one of my favorite 80s Chicago movies. Don't rag on Chuck Norris - they gave him an on screen partner with even worse screen presence!! (the awful robot). Doesn't hurt to have the fantastic dive from the top of the L into the river.

Yeah all the dudes diving off stuff were a highlight. Especially the train stunt.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Snowman_McK posted:

I never really liked that Deadwood fight. It seemed to come from the school of 'realism' meaning 'people are bad at fighting'

I think there has to be a comfortable middle ground between very choreographed stuff and the Deadwood fight.

I mean Deadwood is set in the 1870s when dodging blows had only recently been invented and all the cool martial arts wouldn't leave Asia until almost a century later..

It was all very goofy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Judo came to America in 1902 my friend!

That's Still 30 years after that scene takes place.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Holy poo poo Fatal Termination (1990) is crazy.

Not only are many of the stunts downright amazing some of them are actually immoral. They dangle a small child by her hair out of a moving vehicle. In several different close-up and wide shots.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah I suspected the arm "holding" her was being assisted since there's no way it was just the dude being that still and straight but she was still just barely off the ground and very obviously not very happy about it.*

The token white guy who dangles her is my favourite character in the film. Looks like a Carny Hulk Hogan classic big buff dude the hero doesn't seem to be able to hurt.

*Though with kids who knows. Maybe she had a blast and is just a really good actress who was still being endangered.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Makes it sound like its basically a European equivalent of Sword of Doom, the classic samurai film that starts with the hero murdering an old man for no reason and then gets worse from there.

I need to check it out.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The first film is old enough that it might as well be from the 1940s to modern kids from a cultural standpoint.

5 is a good start.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I appreciate that action comedy not based on any IP or franchise is a thing again but I also feel like The Fall Guy would work better with the same central concept, a stunt double has to hunt down the star he's doubling in the Hollywood underworld, would work better as a neo-noir thriller.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Rascar Capac posted:

The Fall Guy is based on an IP: The 80s TV series with Lee Majors.

Woah

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I was on a few hour plane ride to another country earlier this year and started watching John Wick: The Final Chapter as soon as the entertainment screen opened up and I still missed the last 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I would hope that he isn't a monstrous child rapist like Kinski.