Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love how both Gringo and Blood Father become stock films after Gibson cleans up and puts on a suit. By love I mean loathe. It's like he's going "This is gonna be grimy as poo poo" and then goes "Nah just kidding. Thanks for watching a Mel Gibson film".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Finally exposed myself to the glory that is Pyun's Nemesis. Marvelous.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I maintain that MI: II has some of the best PG-13 action in film. Shame about the rest of the movie.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Fugitive is a drat fine film. I haven't seen In The Line Of Fire in like 17 years but I remember liking it a lot. I need to check out Patriot Games.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gonna check out Accident Man. I liked Savage Dog minus the narration and Scott Adkins is hnnng.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I really love License To Kill, and vastly prefer it to Daylights. I understand people not liking it though. It's the most American Bond film, besides Die Another Day.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
True Lies smokes Bond films in terms of skill and craftsmanship. And misogyny.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah the action in Killzone 2 is dope. Helps that I don't have to stare at that egotistical oval office Yen for two hours.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Eraser was directed by Chuck Russell (Dream Warriors, The Mask and uhhh Bless The Child) and it's a bit of a hoot. It's hilarious watching Arnold do martial arts. Of course it's a stunt double but still.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I actually enjoyed 16 Blocks.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I watched Darkland last week. It's slow going but in the end it owned. I liked that the lead didn't have typical action star looks.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hostage was cool. Was directed by the same dude that made this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280990/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_8

Dope Precinct 13 riff.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Affleck and Thurman had absolutely no chemistry whatsoever. It's a total void. Reminds me of State Of Play where I didn't buy him and Crowe as old buddies for a second.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Debt Collector was dire.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Punisher '04 is a silly nice time. I dig the theme as well.

Ethan Hawke's 24 Hours To Shoot Every Human In The loving Head was pretty bad outside of the action scenes.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Basebf555 posted:

And the action scenes aren't really anything special either. Affleck is 10 times better in The Accountant, for instance.

It's painfully obvious Hawke couldn't do what was physically required for the role. Affleck definitely surprised me in The Accountant.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I really don't like this Morel dudes action films. They are very sanitized R rated affairs. I was confused by the lack of good squibs in a lot of Peppermint. So many times a bad guy just drops, and when Garner shoot someone in the face point blank with a shotgun it just creates a small impact that you see for half a second. The Gunman and Taken had the same problems. It's as though the director feels just the act of shooting a gun is cool, and no thought is really given to impact. Also he somehow manages to make action films without a single memorable action beat.

When Garner takes out hammer and nails I immediately thought "They're not going to show her putting them in" and sure enough you don't. Just really bland violence that would be really easy to edit into a PG-13.

/sadist

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Buybust's one take sequence was fuckawful.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Solomon Kane is an extremely okay action movie

Yea its uhhh...better than Kull.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

There's just something too predictable about this stuff. "Serious" director does their own spin on a genre picture. They replace the thrills of the genre with... slowness, 'mood,' and random angst. This is supposed to produce something 'worthy.' "Artistic".

Reminds me of that trend of taking cheery, full-band pop songs and doing an acoustic, moody rendition of them that 'really brings out the hidden depth of the lyrics.'

I too am starting to get really annoyed by this trend.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
They're so out of place and clearly give less than zero fucks. Should've just been Goodman and Sam with their crews.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there even a good Underworld movie?

Isn't the third one supposed to actually be decent. I still haven't seen it because whoo boy those first two...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I was shocked by my enjoyment of Den Of Thieves. I ain't great but it was a drat entertaining watch and way better than I expected.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
That bald dude directed The Notebook.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Re:Born is so stupid and I love it. Bet it'll be better than the actual MGS film too.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Ninja 2 rips rear end. Adkins is far better at comedic acting though. Avengement is a pro watch.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anyone else see The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion..? I don’t know if I could really recommend it as the first three-quarters of the runtime is like some shot-for-tv twee Korean drama about a schoolgirl winning a talent show and it drags interminably but then the last half-hour goes bonkers, maybe the s-l-o-w start makes the sudden violence all the more :eyepop:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witch:_Part_1._The_Subversion

Yeah I liked this in the end. It does take its time though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I wanted to say I hate films where the hero doesn't get hit but I realized I came into this thread to announce that RE:Born is now on Shudder...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Why did they cast Tcheky Karyo if he's just gonna be dubbed, utterly unconvincingly, by Ron Pearlman? Julie Condor and Mark Dascascos are seriously attractive people.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Ordered the uncut version of Day Of Reckoning yesterday. I saw the original and thought it was dope, but the uncut version goes so hard in the paint. I did like the final fight more this time around, but it's still hard to buy Van Damme or Lundgren lasting long against Adkins in prime beast mode.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Franchescanado posted:

Raw Deal is a really under-appreciated Schwarzenegger flick. The story confused the hell out of me, but the villains, set pieces, stunts and squibs kick so much rear end.

gently caress yea Raw Deal owns hard

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

CubanMissile posted:

I unironically loved every minute of Bad Boys For Life.

It slumps a bit and not every action bit is good but it is hugely entertaining and the chase scene and climactic action scene were baller.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Peter Weller is amazing in Dragon Eyes

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love The Hunted. Story is whatever but those stunts are dope.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Narc, A-Team and The Grey slap.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love Man On Fire. The Bluray looks so goddamn amazing too.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Anyone see Legacy Of Lies, Scott Adkins new joint?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Nemesis is an all time classic.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Peace has some absolutely baller pyrotechnics but man I am allergic to Brian Benben. Having a yuppie gang called The White Boys is loving hysterical and earns the film many extra points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
If you want a Christian action film that isn't awful watch Redeemer. Zaror is a beast and the white boy villain is one of the few comic reliefs in these low budget affairs that actually made me chuckle. What a putz.