Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Action movies are my favorite movies. I remember watching action movies with my father since I was very little. He died when I was a teenager, and his favorite movies sort of became my favorite movies. As I get older, I learn to appreciate different ones depending on what my life is like at the time. I notice the older I get, the more interested in Clint Eastwood (mostly westerns)I am, when as a child I just had no interest in.
Weirdly sentimental about action movies.

Edited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Cobretti taking the pizza out of the freezer and cutting it with scissors will remain with me forever.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think my least favourite Clint Eastwood western (I feel like I've seen all of them - there might be a couple I've missed which don't occur to me) is Joe Kidd. It's kind of humdrum.

High Plains Drifter, man

Wheat Loaf posted:

Were there any really obvious Terminator rip-offs in the late 80s? The only one that occurs to me off the top of my head is Warlock, which is a kind of reverse Terminator that's a fantasy instead of science-fiction.

1990, but Abraxas

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Genisys had Arnold in a prominent role, so I can't hate it for that. This looks mostly like a cameo, which I'm not super excited about. The shot right before the end of the trailer with two robots fighting underwater is probably Arnold's terminator. I suspect he will lose his likeness and be a cgi fight.
Arnold is 71, so I can't not see it. Sorry for having bad taste, but I need every movie out of this dude I can get.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Basebf555 posted:

I wouldn't be so sure about how much screen time he's gonna get. For one, he's recently turned down roles for that reason, not enough screen time(The Predator). Second, it looks like this is one of those trailers that really is only taking footage from one relatively small stretch of the actual film. Outside of a quick flashes of different stuff, for the most part we're only seeing the stuff from that one chase on the highway and what happens immediately after.

I hope you're right!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Big ole sloppy Indiana Jones haymakers all day. Pretty cool.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Holy poo poo, here's Wesley Snipes giving an interview AS BLADE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NirDS5RK-mE

I am absolutely cross-posting this poo poo to the Comics thread, just fyi!

it's open season on all suckheads

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Rick Geteven is a bad motherfucker and a smooth operator and country singer

E: Imagine a black tanktop vanity project Expendables with Tommy Wiseau, Rick Geteven, and Neil Breen. Who else gets to go?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 20, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Narzack posted:

He was one of the choreographers, I believe, so it might have been a situation where he was working on it, and then GDT just chucked him in the movie because he rules.

I think that's exactly it.

(Brain: psst remember Highlander: Endgame?)

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's funny to see how Kumail Nanjiani looks now after his transformation. Dude has big time HGH face. Sorry, I know the money is good but I just couldn't bring myself to change my appearance to get jacked.

He posted a "thanks to the studio and trainers and" etc. that reminded me of when Mac got swole on Always Sunny. It must be cool to be paid to work out.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
From an interview with Kung-Fu Cinema:

JL: Let's talk about your work in Blade 2. For this film, it seems that Wesley Snipes put together a kind of "dream team", using a director (Guillermo del Toro) known for stylish horror films, top comic book artists for the design crew, and the best, and edgiest, young Hong Kong action choreographer - you! Is Snipes a fan of yours?

DY: The director is a fan of mine! Del Toro called my agent, and said "I’m a big fan of Donnie, and there’s a role I want him to play in Blade 2." So I talked to him, and we talked about having me do the martial arts choreography too. Then we went to Wesley Snipes' house, and he's saying "Donnie, I love your movies." So we talked some more, and it ended up that the role I play is a cameo, really, - just a cameo. But from day one, my main job is martial arts choreographer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
"What the matter, MacLeod?! Don't you want to be inside me?" - Jacob uhh Kell? Highlander: Endgame