Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It is goddamn not the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay now it's the season for Die Hard

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mencia’s scores in general seriously kick rear end. Every time I go to Florida to visit my folks, I blast the Bad Boys theme the moment I get off the plane. It’s dope.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s barely a score.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What they did to Merlin was really stupid and pointless. The scene itself is fine but I was sitting there confused as to why this was happening. Considering his character wanted to be in the field (I think?). Was it supposed to be a joke?

I still like some of it so I don’t hate it or anything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m watching spectre right this second and I’ve just hit the garbage intro song and the helicopter fight sucks. Sorry.

The train fight is good. If I recall correctly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

No, Jackie Chan has huge talent. Donnie Yen has a much smaller amount of talent, yet many times the ego. Hence people not liking him.

Who doesn’t like him?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kurtofan posted:

How's Tomb Raider? I see that walton goggins is in it, thats the only reason i might go see it

It’s the film equivalent of a neuralizer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pirates of the Caribbean, any of em.

Some more successful than others, for sure.

Mask of Zorro has that a bit too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He finally gets the summer release date he always deserved.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

I thought they were both pretty meh, but Beyond did have fight scenes so that was a plus.

I think it’s funny they turned the cgi Alien jered into a weird suit monster that looks bad.

I turned it off after that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And Spider-Man Homecoming for a second! He’s the Shocker that gets vaporIzed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Star Trek ranking

Beyond
Galaxy Quest
Kahn
Uh...I haven’t seen any of the other TOS movies

Into Darkness

The rest of the trash movies I was dragged too as a kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I heard it isn’t an action movie and Goldblum is barely in it. I don’t even think it’s in theaters any more

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fart City posted:

I think the MVP of this for me is Demolition Man, where the apocalyptic hellscape it opens with is set a mere three years after the year of its release.

Predator 2 is a good 1997 hellscape.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite part of the opening is when the cops explode and Slivesteri belts out that awesome freaked out trumpet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20zrobVA-Mw

2:27

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Die Hard on a toilet when

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

loving same. THIS ONE’S FOR YOU PARKER!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I walked out of priest and never looked back. I really don’t like that director but he did direct a cool alien abduction scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZzAG1f-HEM

And I like the ending taking place on the Fourth of July while this family is huddled up dealing with their own personal hell.

Other wise kinda dull.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought it was really dope. These Mission movies are like cinematic comfort food to me. I think the OP above's complaint about things being too clever isn't quite right. This series at this point knows you know the game. You're just kind of excited to see it play out.

The end stuff was pretty intense, knowing it was all real. I feel like you have to see it in IMAX, which I did not. I like this team for these films. McQuarrie is doing good work. However it's not better than Ghost Protocol. That one feels too special to replicate.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gatts posted:

My MI movie rankings goes like....

6 -> 4 -> 5 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3

I wish the opening segments had the balls to go through with the nuking of major cities and this was dealing the fallout lol. but it wasn't as bad as 3.

There wouldn’t be a movie if this happened

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gatts posted:

Sure there would or could. It would have had a different objective and story. When MI3 opened, I was hoping whoa, they have the guts to do this? This is a movie presented with real consequences and hard decisions? And then was let down hard. Much like everything else JJ Abrams touches.

Yeah but how can you come back from that? Murder Ethan's wife and then what? It's a sad revenge story at the end? He kills PSH and..and then...? This series needs to be more upbeat than downbeat to work. You can straddle the line a bit, but you go too far over, it won't work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

That's Rogue Nation, right? I just saw Fallout (it was great! maybe cut 15 minutes tho. and I'm tired of monologuing villains) and I haven't seen the previous two in a while so I was gonna fire those babies up.

this 'un

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYXzLSnHVE&t=532s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's too bad McQuarrie's not interested in making a Star Wars movie any more. I'm sure it could have been good.

It would’ve been hated by everyone like all the Star Wars

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This series is better for having different tales on the franchise. So get someone new.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Halloween Jack posted:

Welp, Castellari's New Barbarians is the only action movie I've ever seen where the hero gets defeated and raped halfway through the movie.

Super

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao, my goodness.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Racism sucks more than rampage did hth

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know, but I did miss you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m probably too biased to hate it. But I don’t know. I’m just sad we won’t get another Predator movie for another 10 years if at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s a rumor that Fox completely cut the movie to poo poo, besides the sex offender stuff and that Shane was completely miserable during the whole thing due to studio interference.

This all came from some weird tweet so who knows. But from all the interviews Shane seems to be happy to be rid of the thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Narzack posted:

Yeah, maybe the dude just needs to play to his strengths. Big action sci-fi spectacle movies are tough, though, especially with the way studios are so desperate to min-max their investments and returns. Plus, it's been eight years since the last Predator movie and twenty years before that. Obviously AvP count as neither Alien nor Predator movies. Hell, they barely even count as movies at all.

His enthusiasm was pretty great going in. He just felt the franchise has been stuck in this loop of being cheap movies and wanted to try and make the summer blockbuster version of the character.

I read the script and it had a lot of charm too it, only iffy stuff was the autism angle, but I think that just comes from Black suffering from his own issues and trying to find a way to make a positive out of it. As probably dumb as it is (haven’t seen the film yet)

But I think straight up no one knows what to do with the franchise so they keep sticking to what worked instead of trying something completely new. The reason no one gets excited for these movies is no one is really giving anyone a reason to care.

People still like the creature, go off that. Make the creature the hero. Give him character and personality. Get weird and alien with it. Make Avatar but way more violent and cooler. We don’t need to do humans vs predators in modern day any more imo.

Just makes me drat sad. That being said, all the stuff in the script seemed fun and cool to me, so I’ll have to see how I feel in a few hours.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s the scene yeah. It just sets up who Munn’s character is, and that she doesn’t take poo poo from dumb people who hit on everyone. It’s not like nasty or anything. But it’s not great due to who played them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Payndz posted:

So they cut out the title character? :v:

Hey, it left that little kid alone in the cemetery in 2. Don’t besmirch it’s character!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I remember almost nothing about A Good Day to Die Hard other than that I saw it on Valentine’s Day. I think they go to Chernobyl for some reason? God that movie blows.

I got insanely drunk on Mickey’s and saw it opening night to a crowd of 3 people with my buddy. They didn’t give a gently caress about it so the bottom half of the screen was misaligned so we couldn’t read the subtitles.

I barely remember it but I know I laughed a lot and yelled things out in anger. It was a horrendous piece of trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fart City posted:

Perfect boy Rich Evans is the only good thing about RLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-aisAWtmw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it’s pretty much said by millennials and older.

Kids call good poo poo “fire” as evidenced by the kids in the store yesterday calling coke fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Saw Point Blank (2019) on Netflix.

Point Blank sucks. It's barely an action movie, the chase scenes are shot incompetently, and they give Frank Grillo a real jerk of a character and one short hand-to-hand scene. Don't bother.

Edit: clarified which movie I'm talking about, the new Netflix joint, not the incredible Lee Marvin 60s wacked-out masterpiece.

It made me kind of sad tbh.