Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

There's live music which is neat but I'm here to look at things. Things like paintings, sculptures, a gift for someone I care about, and I always walk through the photography booths despite glossing over everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

A lot of the booths have signs pinned telling you not to take photos because their style is very commercial, but the ones without signs know you're just doing it for your snapchat story

Macnult

Last summer there was an artist who called himself a modern day Impressionist and his stuff looked cool. I saw him again and told him I remember his work from last summer and like it a lot. He thanked me and said "it feels nice to be remembered" which made my stomach feel uneasy despite the sincerity in his voice.

Macnult

You can either talk to the artist about their work, or how you think it's good that they have a bunch of fans set up on a hot day such as this

Macnult

I bought her a lovely necklace

Macnult

There's a police truck set up to recruit people and I think of the aspiring artists who sacrificed it all to join the force

Macnult

Yeah sure I'll take every business card offered to me why not

Macnult

Ended up at one of the music stages. The band playing had a good sound but then they did a cover of Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers and someone nearby jokingly shouted a line from Santeria

Macnult

"These are my feelings!" an old man yells as he walks by the watercolor postcards

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
There's an exhibit that's just pantyhose filled with sand and meat. I don't understand but I love it.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
A record player that skips around randomly to play different parts at random intervals... The first YouTube Poop...

this was real and at the guggenheim

little munchkin

Macnult posted:

You can either talk to the artist about their work, or how you think it's good that they have a bunch of fans set up on a hot day such as this

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

little munchkin
i used to do art walk stuff all the time in college, mostly as an excuse to drink free wine since I was underage. I remember walking into one of the art venues and it was just a handful of people playing pictionary and yelling really loudly. despite no art stuff happening they let me drink some of their wine but I was not invited to join in on the pictionary

----------------

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Macnult posted:

"These are my feelings!" an old man yells as he walks by the watercolor postcards

lol

alnilam

muttering loudly "i don't get it... this is art??"

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I can't think of jokes for this thread cause most of the things I think of are not made up.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i stand in a shoddy empty booth and mutter 'this is art' at passers-by

little munchkin
looking at the painting and saying to my date that wow, you can really tell the artist was thinking about the color blue a lot when they made this piece

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
A booth is set up with the bare minimum for the Art Festival. A table is set up with a chair, some side partitions that separated the booth from the other displays and a plain simple backdrop. In the middle of the display table was a half-eaten sandwich, a thermos (with the lid on) and an unopened bag of potato chips.

A gathering of photographers could be seen snapping photos of the exhibit, remarking and commenting amongst themselves in hushed knowing tones that the display was a "magnificent representation of the minimalism the world is lacking today" and "the use of color and symmetry in this piece is exquisite!" when suddenly thier reverie is interrupted by the emergence of a figure from the backdrop.

Was it the Artist, at last emboldened to face his audience of admirers with words of wisdom explaining the motivation for the art piece that lay before them? The Artist approached the chair, a look of astonished annoyance upon his face as he sat down. He picked up The Sandwich, the heart of the exhibit- and profaned it by taking a huge bite out of it! He then desecrated the Potato Chip Bag element of the exhibit by ripping it open, taking out each chip one by one and relished in the crunch of each bite grinning his teeth in a sinister snarl with each chomp.

The crowd loved it! This was clearly the second part of the exhibit! They snapped more pictures, and murmured more comments about the fantastic Sandwich Exhibit, and how much of a genius the Artist was for eating the exhibit, erasing it's existence for only those fortunate enough to have been their to see it. The Artist then opened the lid of the thermos, poured out a cup of coffee into the lid, and drank it the the applause of the entire gathering. He then stood up, looked around at everyone and said "lunchtime is pretty dang weird at the Art Festival!".

It would become the motto for next year's Festival...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Macnult

alnilam posted:

muttering loudly "i don't get it... this is art??"

*pays for parking*
the design on this ticket is mesmerizing

Macnult

After walking in this blistering heat for several hours... I wonder if this, what I see around me, what I am experiencing... what if this is the art

Macnult

Splatmaster posted:

A booth is set up with the bare minimum for the Art Festival. A table is set up with a chair, some side partitions that separated the booth from the other displays and a plain simple backdrop. In the middle of the display table was a half-eaten sandwich, a thermos (with the lid on) and an unopened bag of potato chips.

A gathering of photographers could be seen snapping photos of the exhibit, remarking and commenting amongst themselves in hushed knowing tones that the display was a "magnificent representation of the minimalism the world is lacking today" and "the use of color and symmetry in this piece is exquisite!" when suddenly thier reverie is interrupted by the emergence of a figure from the backdrop.

Was it the Artist, at last emboldened to face his audience of admirers with words of wisdom explaining the motivation for the art piece that lay before them? The Artist approached the chair, a look of astonished annoyance upon his face as he sat down. He picked up The Sandwich, the heart of the exhibit- and profaned it by taking a huge bite out of it! He then desecrated the Potato Chip Bag element of the exhibit by ripping it open, taking out each chip one by one and relished in the crunch of each bite grinning his teeth in a sinister snarl with each chomp.

The crowd loved it! This was clearly the second part of the exhibit! They snapped more pictures, and murmured more comments about the fantastic Sandwich Exhibit, and how much of a genius the Artist was for eating the exhibit, erasing it's existence for only those fortunate enough to have been their to see it. The Artist then opened the lid of the thermos, poured out a cup of coffee into the lid, and drank it the the applause of the entire gathering. He then stood up, looked around at everyone and said "lunchtime is pretty dang weird at the Art Festival!".

alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

beauty is ephemeral, art is what sustains us... it's incredible

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Me: Excuse me, but which way to the restrooms?

Man covered in cement: Oh, they're right over ther- *hardens*

Manifisto

my booth is dedicated to the art of the lifehack

you can buy, for example, empty dvd-rw trays that serve as a bagel/bagel sandwich holder

or the swiss army knife of lifehacks, the bread tag

the latter are on display in active use, as cable management accessories for my booth's laptop, phone charger, etc

it has brought more than one festivalgoer to tears

ty nesamdoom!

Darkman Fanpage
*rides through the art festival on a really tall bike i had to use a ladder and a couple of assistants to get onto. anyone foolish enough not to heed the warning of my funny bike horn's honk is crushed under the wheels as i am unable to stop or swerve due to the impractical size of my bike. that's just the price you pay for art.*

Darkman Fanpage
"please visit my metal works booth!" i yell as i exit the festival

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
art. art. art. art. art. Art. Art. Art. ART. ART. ART. ART. ART. ARRRT! ARRRT!! ARRRRRRRT!!!

Art... art...

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

AverySpecialfriend posted:

art. art. art. art. art. Art. Art. Art. ART. ART. ART. ART. ART. ARRRT! ARRRT!! ARRRRRRRT!!!

Art... art...

F

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
This year at the art festival I thought I would showcase a performance piece called "attending an art festival" Randy said I had to have a booth and despite my loud protestations he put his foot down. Later, I saw people gathering around the bare trestle table provided by the venue which comprised my empty booth and men with black turtle-necks and folded arms touching their soul patches while nodding and talking to each other emphatically about this inspired installation. I tried to be more expressive with my performance of "attending an art festival" but despite my efforts I went unnoticed. Looking around in panic and jealousy over my own empty booth's simple elegance I noticed one of the venue's labourers looking on; admiring his handiwork at arranging the table and as he noticed me he caught my eye, giving me a smug wink and a grin. I thought to myself: who is the true artiste?

HotSoapyBeard fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 25, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

After a long day at the Art Festival I leave, pondering both the meaning and nature of "Art" and also the definition of "Festive."

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

fart estival

so sorry I had to get that out of my system, thank you for your indulgence

Piso Mojado

this is neat, but not $700 neat

Senior Management

I know a guy named Art.

:jerry:

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

Piso Mojado posted:

this is neat, but not $700 neat

*far away, an artist shivers as a desolate and lonely wind blows right the heck through them :(*

Macnult

i sure am getting a lot of good ideas on how to decorate my outdoor tent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

there is nothing fun about art.

• Locked thread