Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Terper posted:

Pfft. You want a favor from me? Rean Coldsteel?

Sean Chiplock is a Zemurian treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:allears: Brittany rules. I'm so glad she's in charge of these games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The most important question is whether I can play Cold Steel with my mouse like all the Sky games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

havenwaters posted:

Game is up. Discount is not (thought there was going to be a 10% off one or something)

I heard that as well.

Game's not on GoG yet, which is probably fine, since I'm at work for 10 hours.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tae posted:

I hope we can mod in music because I forgot how eh trails 1 battle music is

what the gently caress

Tae posted:

Turbo mode literally is only there because of Nord highlands

The Nord Highlands is awesome and people need to stop hating on it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Glint of Cold Steel and Belief are top tier battle themes.

Heated Mind is fine, but not nearly as good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Tie a Link of Arcus debuts in CS1 and while the super arrange version in 2 is better its still a supremely baller track.

Tie a Link is pretty good, but I prefer Don't be Defeated by a Friend as a sub-boss theme.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3725-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-trophy-guide This is basically the go to guide for 100%. There's an equally comprehensive one for the sequel too.

Yep, this is the guide I've been using for my LP.

And will be using for my new playthroughs.

Has there been any news about getting PS3 save data to work with the PC version?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Random question - do we know if the new voiced lines are all main scenario or did they also voice the Bonding Events?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Trails in the Couch is Olivert on a couch with a Vita. :allears:

All the artwork for the achievements is top notch.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

OddObserver posted:

I missed the "a" before Vita on a first read and was *very* confused.

You know Olivert would be totally cool with that and Vita probably would too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If not, it's not a big deal, I was just hoping to not have to play through the game two more times to use the PC version for my LP.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ojetor posted:

Any news of CS2 PC?

XSeed announced it at the same time as CS, so it's coming eventually.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Machias is great, because the other characters laugh at his blustering too and he has some good character development later.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Steam or GoG? I need roughly a million Shining Pom baits if that changes anything.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nightmare's fine if you bring over some NG+ bonuses.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh my god this game is so gorgeous and smooth and I'm not even to the Nord Highlands yet. I'm so excited!

ChaosSora posted:

The PC port is great so far, my only complainant is that it locks your mouse while it's open, which has made trying to stream it kind of a bitch so far.
This is super annoying.

Terper posted:

":h: indeed..."

PC port validated.
Sean Chiplock is a national treasure.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

First Old Schoolhouse boss tried to hit Rean and the damage happened before the animation was finished.

Terper posted:

Cheat Engine!
Teach me the secrets!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

They're kind of necessary if you want to hit level 80 for the maximum carry over for CS2.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

HOW necessary? Because there's flat-out no way I'm buying the bait.

Generously, you'll hit roughly 65-67 at the end of the game with a moderate amount of grinding.

Now, the difference in the carry over bonus between 70 and 80 is 200 of each sepith and a Saintly Force, so it's not mandatory, but it's also not nothing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Once again going to broadcast my unpopular opinion: the Nord Highlands are awesome and one of the best parts of Cold Steel.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tae posted:

Okay, explain to me why taking 10 minutes to travel from watch tower to nord village for every individual sidequest is enjoyable and not tedious

Next you're going to tell me that Shadow of the Colossus is a bad game because of how long it takes to get to each Colossus.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tae posted:

Did you say it was a mistake when they added fast travel to CSII?

I did not, but it was a mistake to remove the Nord Highlands' music, which more or less negates it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, Chapter 5 and 6 really start ramping up the plot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

NotASmartMan posted:

Don't be silly. He merely helps them out when they're having some trouble, which he had nothing to do with. Don't slander the wonderful champion of the common man.

Yep, he just happened to send a bunch of steam powered tanks to the Liberl border at the exact time when all orbments were turned off to 'help' Liberl.

He certainly wasn't trying to take over the country or anything.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I don't recall this being the case. I thought you had to spend the day bonding points during the day, because some events are locked to that part of the day.

Unspent Bonding Points from the morning carry over to the evening. The only time you have to spend all your Bonding Points is prepping for the midterms.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The absolute best one is from CS2.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You find quartz in dungeons but not equipment until Chapter 7.

Keep Rean up to date and a couple of others. You're supposed to be strapped for cash.

Or cook a ton of Egg Soups.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Actually that person is amazing and you guys are giant meanies.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tae posted:

How much is critical damage? Deciding between Pandora and Criminal for my Master Quartz.

Criminal is busted. Use it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

Oh man finally playing. I beat the prologue. These dumb stereotypes are gonna be so complex by the end aren't they.

The rear end in a top hat with the glasses and the shotgun? He's one of my favorite characters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Yo I'm in chapter 2, why does he yell at everything and everyone

alternatively, yelling a lot is v. cool

What everyone else said and also it let's the rest of Class VII take the piss out of him.

He gets much better in Chapter 4.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cryohazard posted:

How old is Towa supposed to be, anyway? Is she just really tiny?

Rean comments on this when they first meet in Chapter 1. She's a very small 18.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Instructor Thomas wants me to keep an eye out for Unique dishes. Since the maid Lotte wants me to keep an eye out for Superb dishes, does that mean Thomas wants BAD dishes?

I thought he asked for Peculiar dishes? Either way, yeah, he wants the ones the worst cook makes.

Some of which are actually pretty awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's an image which is both hilarious and terrible at the same time.

Playing on hard, I've now had two TPK's to Zwordars in Chapter 2. I guess the lesson I'm supposed to learn is "Holy gently caress delay the poo poo out of them or you will die".

Not so funny that it happened to me, huh?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Terper posted:

Wait what the hell you could examine the message board outside the classroom all this time??

I've missed so much flavor text :negative:

Wait what? Where? When? :stare:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Also, gently caress swimming. It took me about a dozen tries to win. On Hard you have basically zero room for error, although bafflingly, I somehow managed to win despite two misses on my sucessful attempt. I guess getting many Greats are required. Just Goods do not cut it.
:allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I never use the warp points to return to the elevator - I need the sepith masses to buy equipment. I'm getting close to my goal of 25000 of them.

This is overkill. You're reaching the point where your slots should mostly be open, so you can start turning your sepith into cash and you'll be getting big chunks of sepith masses from your monster hunts in the remaining chapters.

Also, you shouldn't need to totally kit out your entire team every field study.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Says the guy who started out with 600,000+ mira. Just saying. EDIT: Whoops, I left an extra zero on there. I meant, 2500, not 25,000. That would definitely be overkill. I'm not quite that nuts yet.
Yeah, I started with 300,000 mira and a shitton of sepith and that is very definitely overkill.

I have a lot less money on my PC playthrough, so things are going to be a lot tighter going forward.

• Locked thread