Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CVE posted:

I love that the achievement symbol for 1 Million Mira (International Bank of Rean) is Elliot serving you Egg Soup.

holy poo poo that is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They're technically sequels but you really don't need to know anything about Trails in the Sky going in.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Omi no Kami posted:

Will the experience be improved by sequential play? I own all four on PC, and intend on getting around to them all, but the art style of cold steel looks awesome, and I've had an awful lot of trouble getting into the first trails in the sky's slow burn at the start.

I could see it working either way tbh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

The reason to play in order is that when characters from early arcs show up in later ones you get to go "oh poo poo it's my boy" and be excited about it instead of wondering who they are

You could still do some of that if you played Cold Steel before Sky; just not as much.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kirios posted:

I like Cold Steel but man the Nord Highlands are a massive drag.

Great music though.

We've got Turbo Mode for that stuff now. :pcgaming:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

so many frames and pixels

and they all load so fast

I can't handle this

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Jokes aside, the whole start to Alisa's character is why I never understood the franchise slamming her and Rean together for everything. Alisa has to play catchup for way too long to snag Rean's heart away from Laura. And Fie. And Emma. And sensei. And Jusis. And a motorcycle.:swoon:

Rean & Alisa were originally paired leads, like Estelle & Joshua or Kevin & Ries. Then somebody said "NO IT HAS TO BE A HAREM"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have to admit I'm mostly looking forward to the sequels. CS2 has a ton of characters that I'm hoping will get voices--Rean's parents, S, V, the Emperor and Empress, so many others.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I know it's not exactly Uncharted 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider but it's still tripping me out to see CS look this good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't think they do, no.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You're right, I remember now. Party members won't get credit for any enemies that got dropped while they were out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Certain party members are stronger but everyone can pull their weight.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ComposerGuy posted:

I wish. I really, intensely dislike them.

That person is pretty goddamn painful in the first game, but they're actually alright in the second. Mostly.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I stuck this file in my CS saves folder, but it's not showing up. Does anyone know what else I need to do?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh goodness, it was hiding from me right under my nose. Thanks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Caidin posted:

New to Cold Steel here, I just finished up my June field trip so I guess that's chapter 3. I have a few questions. One, how long is Emma gonna drag out this "not a witch" thing? Two, why were the goons called dropout Jeagers if they're still mercenaries and trying to start a new Jeager company? Three, are these flashbacks Rean keeps having suggesting he murdered a bear when he was like 5 years old?

1: lol the entire loving game
2: mercs don't get to call themselves jaegers until they've done enough successful crimes
3: more or less

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Diabolos Gem that you'll find in the final dungeon is Cast 3, and Criminal has to be at max level.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Man they really made boss S-Crafts way more powerful in this huh? C's is basically an instant kill to everyone but Alisa and Angelica (if she's buffed).

Had to burn him down after a lucky faint before he could use it, sheesh.

Angelica's got a 45% chance to faint that enemy, so that's pretty much your best strategy outside of Chrono Burst/Moebius cheese.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 20, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There should be credits, at least. but lol yup

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I've noticed certain enemies like Acerbic Tomatrios have their information in red. Does that mean they are rare enemies, or they only appear in groups of different enemies, or is there something else special about them? (Like if they have the hollow stars of their Unbalance vulnerabilities in red, does that mean something?)

Red info shows up thanks to the Information quartz. It won't actually be recorded in your notebook until you analyze the enemy in question(or kill them enough).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tae posted:

This is not going to apply for months when CS 2 comes out, but don't rely on triple advantage all day. They change how field attacks work, and it's much much worse and slower.

you can't spell "field attacks" without Fie

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Fie and any of the grown-ups in CS2 can faint 90% of monsters before they notice you, and enough swings from Laura will faint the other 10% from any angle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Billzasilver posted:

Machias sleeps with his glasses on, this is the worst game ever.

and his necktie

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CS2 PC confirmed for Thanksgiving 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Billzasilver posted:

What the gently caress could CS2 even be ABOUT?!?

snowboarding

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I just want the Skanda Gem, please don't make me do precision minigames for it, Falcom

Snowboarding is anything but a precision minigame; that's the problem.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hocus Pocus posted:

How about that last 1-2 hours! So many reveals! Crow's reveal was sort of wasted on me because I'd seen promo art for one of the sequels where he was obviously a villain, and was wielding C's weapon. I didn't mind it with the context of Osbourne's expansionism - probably the most true to life motivation for a terrorist in a game tbh. It makes me want to keep an eye on lore about Jurai when I go back to play the TitS games. Same with a lot of lore actually. I was kind of happy to see that they grounded the soldats in the political intrigue that'd been building through the game - I was worried when they dropped in after Crow shot Osborne that they were going to be part of some other group, like Ouroboros instead of the Noble Faction. Mech final boss fight was a good way to dial things up. Crow saying he's had his Divine Knight for three years - does that come up in either of the other arcs?

(TitS) SC adds some background about the Empire and Prince Olivert, and The 3rd sets up the prince's "friendly rivalry" with the chancellor, but there's nothing about Jurai or the Divine Knights.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Billzasilver posted:

I guess I'm asking for CS1 specifically, but where can I find details about NG+ only quests in all the games?

Only CS2 has any NG+-only quests.

There are five Black Records to find throughout the game on NG+.

Volume 2 is for sale at Cornette's General Goods in Celdic Grand Market, in the first part of Act 1.
Volume 3 is in the Bareahard Underground Waterway in the third part of Act 1. You have to complete Sister Tatiana's quest and then go back to the spot where you fought the Abyss Drome.
Volume 1 is in the Nord Highlands Ancient Quarry in the first part of Act 2. Recruit Clara and then go back to where you fought Ginosha-Zanak.
Volume 4 is in the third part of Act 2. Complete the optional quest Gone Air and talk to Norton once you're back in Roer Airport.
Volume 5 is in Lohengrin Castle in the fourth part of Act 2, during the optional quest Mist Opportunity. It's sitting in the southwest corner of the entrance hall.

Give all five to Instructor Thomas before you go to Karel Imperial Villa in the finale. Talk to him again on the first day of the epilogue to get the fully-decoded versions. Talk to him AGAIN on the Thors roof after you've unlocked the really real final dungeon.

Apart from all that, there's also an extra-tough optional boss in Ymir Valley. It unlocks after you talk to Rean's parents in the finale.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 26, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Billzasilver posted:

Whats this now? Or at least, what chapter is it in?

It's in Chapter 7. On NG+, if you take Emma to go pick up the band costumes in Heimdallr, MistyVita has an extra line or two after you leave.

It's nothing special--it just confirms what you already saw in the ending on your first run.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Terminally Bored posted:

Also, what did they use to pad out CS2? More fighting?

That and some of the dungeons would be my guess.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

your mother wears combat boots :twisted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

books are only found on field trips.

The first & last Red Moon Rose volumes are in Trista; and of course the pawnshop will sell any that you recently missed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

somehow the pond behind the Thors gymnasium contains every species of fish in the Empire, and most whales

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

plenty of time

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/huri_kiseki/status/963833079096737792

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/963834594809139200

:peanut:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

How do I bring up the launcher to make those changes? I’ve already started the game.

The option should pop up when you click on CS2 in your game library(but not on a desktop shortcut).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

What’s it about?

The lady at the desk says she might have seen Crow, but she's not sure. That's it. Anton and Ricky are in there too, though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

might be a crash bug related to costumes, least it's happening in this stream i'm watching

It crashed when I tried changing out of the Unspeakable Costume. Obviously I should just keep it on for the rest of the game.

Tae posted:

So apparently there's just new enemies in new game+, because I do not remember these white balls of light that are immune to physical damage but die instantly to magic early in the game.

The Snow Wisps aren't new.

Ryuga Death posted:

This is probably a really dumb nitpick but I wish the battle portraits they used for characters were higher res. Maybe it's just me but they look blurry.

CS1 has some texture mods for 4k menu sprites, and I'm sure CS2 will have the same before too long.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ACKNOWLEDGED :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't understand it either

• Locked thread