Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Wow,OP just changed the world, what a great and worthy opinion to share, thank you so much, amazing.
Get hosed weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

karma_coma posted:

white ppl

Any situation in life, just do what you think the devil would do it works out great.

That's not what worship means.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
also suck.my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Internetjack posted:

The first half of Lavey satanism is pretty chill, easy to understand stuff.

Don't believe in the god or devil. Take care of yourself first and then do what you want, as long as you don't hurt others. But don't just sit on your rear end; get out there and do something/achieve something. Its pretty straight forward, common sense stuff.

Then you get to the second hokey side of; and once you got all that down, then you can stare at candles and cast spells on your enemies! non-sense.

Was gonna post this it sounds all good and neat at first then switches on stupid part of the way in.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Casting spells is just doing whatever it takes to achieve your goals. It states very early in the book that rituals are fun.

Hexing people is just hoping they're dumb enough to believe you.

The texts are pretty clear.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
LaVey got mad about charlatans so he decided to become one himself. he was basically one of those pre-internet trolls that was really into self promotion and habitual lying. he ripped off Ayn Rand's stellar Objectivist life advice and decided to add a lot of spooky theatrics to freak out the norms. as I understand it, the rituals in the back of The Satanic Bible are just an elaborate joke to make him seem more legit than he actually is. however, he ended up buying into his own bullshit, which imploded on him when it turned out his self-made personal mythos was at odds with him being a lousy father. I really do agree that in theory you should hold yourself in highest regard, you shouldn't seek to harm others unless they're personally annoying, and you should answer only to yourself, but you can get that same conclusion from a number of self help books. in practice, the world is gonna beat you down and there's nothing you can do about it unless you're rich, i.e. start your own mail order religion out of the back of magazines and develop a personality cult.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
You know those weird My Pillow commercials? I heard from a reliable source that the My Pillow guy makes way more money giving lectures about marketing than selling My Pillows.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

What's the best movie about satanic worship? I like Night of the Demon personally, and The Devil Rides Out is also pretty cool.

House of the Devil is damned good

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the neutered - materialistic, neo atheism used to trigger lower vibrational stress and unhappiness in a spiritually dead society to be utilized to feed the 72 demons of Solomon actual satanist worship.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Satan rules better recognize biotch! :megadeath:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Heil Santa!!!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
That's bullshit satanism. Real satanism is believing that Jehovah is not an omnibenevolent being but instead a petty and jealous archdeamon who subjugated mankind (the creation of a being greater than both jehovah and satan) in order that he may coerce thier obedience and worship (sources - the old testament + that the world jehovah controls is a horrible pile of misery). Satan (lightbringer) has equipped mankind with the tools (knowledge, learning, empathy) to rebuild the garden of eden within jehovahs prision if they can work past the obstacles jehovah put in the way (see great flood, tower of babel).

in this mythology jehovah is more often referred to as the demiurge.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
yeah they're hella lame and just call themselves satanists to be edgy

i bet they all have black leather trenchcoats and fingerless gloves with metal studs on them too

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Buccaneer posted:

If you were a real rebel you would have given demonolatry a try by now

Demonology is much more work than hipsters are willing to put in, afaik. Most of the classical grimoires (http://www.esotericarchives.com/) ask you to do a LOT of poo poo before you can get a demon (or angel) to appear, among them:
-fasting for half a week
-calculating a shitload of astrological stuff and timing the ritual
-reading up on your target's position on the cosmic totem pole (gotta kno who's its boss incase there's trouble)
-getting exotic ingredients (wtf, where are you supposed to get a lion's tail from these days?)
-gid gud at drawing circles and hebrew letters everywhere
-spend up to two hours praying and calling for the lazy bastard to show itself

Even most satanists are way too lazy for that poo poo - most are happy to get some kinky sex dressed up as Sex Magic 'a la Crowley.

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 30, 2017

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
poo poo, quote ain't edit!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Why'd they name it the Church of Satan if they don't believe in Satan? They're just edgelords trying to get a rise out of people?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ocean Book posted:

That's bullshit satanism. Real satanism is believing that Jehovah is not an omnibenevolent being but instead a petty and jealous archdeamon who subjugated mankind (the creation of a being greater than both jehovah and satan) in order that he may coerce thier obedience and worship (sources - the old testament + that the world jehovah controls is a horrible pile of misery). Satan (lightbringer) has equipped mankind with the tools (knowledge, learning, empathy) to rebuild the garden of eden within jehovahs prision if they can work past the obstacles jehovah put in the way (see great flood, tower of babel).

in this mythology jehovah is more often referred to as the demiurge.

That's not "real Satanism", that's just Gnosticism.

Gnosticism is the oldest and best of the Christian heresies, though all that nonsense about Satan being the lightbringer isn't part of it.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 30, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Why'd they name it the Church of Satan if they don't believe in Satan? They're just edgelords trying to get a rise out of people?

I guess "church of." was already taken.
edgelords trying to out-edgelord a dead dude, * turns to camera and says "Now, this is where it went from being a farce to a social disease".

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
at least it identifies itself as a religion (of self) making it a million times more acceptable to society than those horrible atheists

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i worship salma hayek aka satanico pandemonium

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIN4aZ8IMz0

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
thinking about starting the cult of the damned

i am pretty anti-cult but that's just a good name it shouldn't go to waste

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
He was an okay right winger but really lost his motor in Buffalo

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

poverty goat posted:

on the one hand youve got a rad snake who tells you where to find the best fruit and also the secrets of life, the universe, and everything, and on the other hand you've got a genocidal, jealous old absentee father figure who damns all of your offspring forever over some dumb poo poo

how is this a hard choice for anyone lol

Satan is an actual Angel whose job it is to torture and test the faith of mortals. It's derived from an Arabic word meaning "adversary".
So, Satan and Lucifer are not the same being. Also, Lucifer is a title, meaning "Lightbringer". Jesus refers to himself as Lucifer in a passage.
So, we don't actually know the name of the main Angel that fell.

I mean, angel hierarchy could be that they don't really HAVE names, but the titles are both job and name.
Meaning that promotions from within there could have been multiple Satans.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Satan is an actual Angel whose job it is to torture and test the faith of mortals. It's derived from an Arabic word meaning "adversary".
So, Satan and Lucifer are not the same being. Also, Lucifer is a title, meaning "Lightbringer". Jesus refers to himself as Lucifer in a passage.
So, we don't actually know the name of the main Angel that fell.

I mean, angel hierarchy could be that they don't really HAVE names, but the titles are both job and name.
Meaning that promotions from within there could have been multiple Satans.

book of enoch says first angel that fell is Semyaza iirc

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Les Os posted:

book of enoch says first angel that fell is Semyaza iirc

Well poo poo, there you go.

Starting up Church of Semyaza right now

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

That's not "real Satanism", that's just Gnosticism.

Gnosticism is the oldest and best of the Christian heresies, though all that nonsense about Satan being the lightbringer isn't part of it.

I speak, and thus it is so.

(fine you're right, I just like the whole demiurge story. but really since its heresy anyway this is my satanism heresy and im sticking to it.)

I didn't know about satan and lucifer having different meanings, that's kind of cool.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ocean Book posted:

I didn't know about satan and lucifer having different meanings, that's kind of cool.

Yeah, the whole " Satan is an eviiiill guy that is constantly trying to steal your soul, and is also Lucifer who is also chained up at the bottom of hell at the same time?" is essentially made up from whole cloth in the Middle Ages.
Just sort of blended together over time. It's like how people think of angels as humanoids with wings, and they are all nice and poo poo. When most Angels are lovecraftian horrors, and you do NOT want to have an angel show up.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
christianity has so many layers of fan fiction about fan fiction. roll it into the marvel cinematic universe i say

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cKXQ40JoA

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
LaVeyan Satanism is fake theatre.

However, Satan is real and He is the Prince of this Earth. He is the ultimate artist of evil and all sin is tribute to His dark name. Christ was a liar who abandoned the world to its true conqueror, the Lord Satan, before whom all men must one day kneel.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Isn't this some dumb poo poo redditors came up with kinda like the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Anyone have that story about God & Satan fighting over the throne of Heaven? Thought I saw it on one of these Satanic Churches sites.

They fought and Satan won, then God mustered an army and won it back. Satan realized the futility of the conflict and took up his reign in Hell. It was a good read!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Wiccans basically believe the same thing, do what you want, but don't harm anyone.
I'm not wiccan anymore though because spells are indeed dumb.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I cast a spell on you,
Because you're miiiine!

You better watch those things that you do,
I said a-watch out! I ain't lyin'! Oooohh!

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Hey ya it's just atheism but it's called Satanism. Lets make some pentagons to show our devotion to atheism.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nude posted:

Hey ya it's just atheism but it's called Satanism. Lets make some pentagons to show our devotion to atheism.

It's a more collective ethos than atheism

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

It's a more collective ethos than atheism

A collective ethos based on shared values of relentless self-involvement. No wonder it didn't take off.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Atheism is just the lack of theistic faith. Satanists are atheists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i prefer the temple of set, those guys have a cool egyptian theme. laveyan satanists play to satanic stereotypes too much (snakes? come on now)

• Locked thread