Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Back in high school, as part of a class, the teacher showed the class that Tripping the Rift short as part of a demo of computer animation. Even as a sophomore, in my head I was like "dude, are you sure you should be showing this to your students?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Martman posted:

Tom Cruise in The Last Tsundere

Not to mention Days of Tsundere

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Going off of memory, I think that was the quest where you meet a woman who is really into collecting Nuka-Cola stuff, and a guy asks you to find some rare piece of Nuka-Cola memorabilia for him so he can use it to deceive/'seduce' her under the false pretense that he's totally into her interests. So, skeevy from a deception perspective.

Although there might be another quest that I've forgotten about that is even skeevier.

EDIT: vvv Yup, there's one I've forgotten about that's even skeevier. Jesus, Fallout 3.

Paper Tiger has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Jan 11, 2022

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

My first thought was that Gladiator was a big deal in part because of its Super Bowl ad, but I looked it up to refresh my memory and, well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICf1V6UOsmk

Bawitdaba was everywhere back in those days

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Yeah, it's probably why Hunter S. Thompson liked grapefruit so much. His standard breakfast included two grapefruits, and in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas he was eating it constantly.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Crespolini posted:

i don't get the ending. like the implication is that the family is going to think he was cheating, right? and not tortured and raped? but they'll also find him bloodied and beaten and buried in the garden, sooo...

HopperUK posted:

Yeah and he got blown up at the end! I wonder how much of that marshmallow that got everywhere was pre-toasted. Seems kinda delicious.

Wow this movie sounds nuts

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This got me to look up "Perry Mason" and turns out there's a recent show starring Matthew Rhys?! Is it any good?

Yeah, I'd say so. It's mainly one case for the full season instead of one case per episode, and it's chock full of that gritty LA noire that plants crave. Tatiana Maslany's pretty good in it too.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

There's supposed to be a new season airing sometime this year.

Starts March 6th!

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Thread is now "post your favorite Critic clips".

My personal favorite is "The Slide Whistle", the parody of the "The Piano" (at 1:42 if the time stamp doesn't work).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA8KHh23Qug&t=102s

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

This is basically the entire plot and theme of The Fall (the Tarsem movie with Lee Pace, not the British crime show with Gillian Anderson). The end of movie montage is literally a supercut of Buster Keaton era stunt performances.

Pretty sure it's aged well. It's basically a fairy tale on top of an OSHA horror story. The child lead is a delight.

And it's a gorgeous as hell movie too, it's just a drat shame that it's not available via streaming anywhere (as far as I can tell).

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Leave posted:

This is my new definition. Stardew Valley, Sonic Adventure, and Red Dead Redemption 2 are fantastic JRPGs.

Skyrim was originally not a JRPG, but became one when the Anniversary Edition was released

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Well if we're talking about sketches from when Fred Armisen hosted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie6LpKOJVf0

One of my favorites, partially due to the long build-up.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Careful friend. You're getting dangerously close to explaining something, and we remember what that means.

Ban this poster for doxxing

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Less homophobic and more of thr 90s gay panic stuff.

There's a lot of 'comedy' from the 90s where no had a problem with homosexuality but had an absolute freak out if someone thought they were gay.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

credburn posted:

I think it's Wuthering Heights that has a passage where a guy comes downstairs and finds his children, his parents and his dog are all ejaculating.

Yeah, a lot of novels from around that time were focused on stories of the aristocrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Perestroika posted:

IIRC with the Asari there was a theoretical hook that they were genetically engineered by the Protheans to be easily able to ingratiate themselves to other species, at which point they could then be used as a proxy to manipulate them. But I don't think that every really went anywhere beyond background fluff.

There was also a background conversation in one of the games where a human thought Asari looked like a hot human, a Turian (where Turians look very non-human like) thought Asari looked like a hot Turian, etc. Basically implying that the Asari look like different things to different species. That would have been a cool twist if they explored it more.