Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

As others have mentioned, I'd probably remove the influence from the craft, it's a 1/4 to get the right one and makes it much harder. If you're going for Chaos res+2 of (fire, cold, lightning, all ele res) that's an easy thing to set up. Depending on the total weight of the pools it might be reasonable to go for a 4 mod craft this way, worst case you could go 5 mod and basically guarantee an open prefix, assuming you lose the "increase change of prefix mods"; those are definitely a trap.

E: You can also cut down to 14 mod tier rating corpses, as that still guarantees t1 for your ele and life rolls.

I am so loving bad at crafting lmao. Anyway thanks to everyone for the advice. The only critical elements are T1 chaos resist T1 life resist and the +16 to all resists. The rest was just wishful thinking "well while we're in here" stuff. Like, I understand the prefix/suffix division and mod tiers but the rest is just gibberish at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Frank Frank posted:

I am so loving bad at crafting lmao. Anyway thanks to everyone for the advice. The only critical elements are T1 chaos resist T1 life resist and the +16 to all resists. The rest was just wishful thinking "well while we're in here" stuff. Like, I understand the prefix/suffix division and mod tiers but the rest is just gibberish at the moment.

If you take a look at this guy, notice on the mod pools specifically where it says weight has ~4% for prefixes and ~96% for suffixes? If you roll 4 mods with that, it mostly guarantees you'll hit life +3 suffixes. Pretty easy to boost up resists more to make them the majority of the suffix pool as well; personally if I were you I'd add a handful more chaos res to the pool of what I just linked and generate sample item a bunch and see if it matches what you want. If you craft specifically for 4 mods it also gives you the ability to have both a crafted prefix and a conq exalt slam if you want.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

Empyrian's been doing some singular Atlas strategies to see how profitable things are with these new scarabs and dang it looks like a real hard time out there for most mechanics right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FIhjb8yu2o

Yeah, I ran a similar strat for a little while (Ultimatum + Domination shrines) and can confirm that it's not worth it. And that goes double for Inscribed Ultimatum rewards - the vast majority I got were for stuff like a stack of fusings, or half a stack of scouring orbs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

If you take a look at this guy, notice on the mod pools specifically where it says weight has ~4% for prefixes and ~96% for suffixes? If you roll 4 mods with that, it mostly guarantees you'll hit life +3 suffixes. Pretty easy to boost up resists more to make them the majority of the suffix pool as well; personally if I were you I'd add a handful more chaos res to the pool of what I just linked and generate sample item a bunch and see if it matches what you want. If you craft specifically for 4 mods it also gives you the ability to have both a crafted prefix and a conq exalt slam if you want.

First one I got after bumping the chaos resist up to 8 was absolutely perfect so I'm just gonna roll with that and see what happens.

E: Ok so I had it "generate a corpse sequence" but how do I know where to position them? It's just a list of corpse modifiers from 1-86 at the moment and doesn't mention how to configure them.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 17, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If you don't have any corpses that say "row", "column" or "adjacent" then you can just toss them in willy nilly, just so long as they're all connected once you're done.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

First one I got after bumping the chaos resist up to 8 was absolutely perfect so I'm just gonna roll with that and see what happens.

E: Ok so I had it "generate a corpse sequence" but how do I know where to position them? It's just a list of corpse modifiers from 1-86 at the moment and doesn't mention how to configure them.

This is where the second tool comes in :) The auto-generate graveyard button in craftofexile honestly hasn't been very useful for me except as a starting point to tweak my values from. Go here, scroll down to "Paste Craft of Exile URL" and do so; it'll load up targets for you re: the values you need, and it'll let you play around with the other corpses like "25% increased effect of corpses in this row" letting you get extra rating per corpse, and potentially using less corpses.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

If you don't have any corpses that say "row", "column" or "adjacent" then you can just toss them in willy nilly, just so long as they're all connected once you're done.

Ok. That helps. I forgot I need +int so I'm going to go back and add that suffix and see what it looks like. They're all pretty basic requirements.

Nur_Neerg posted:

This is where the second tool comes in :) The auto-generate graveyard button in craftofexile honestly hasn't been very useful for me except as a starting point to tweak my values from. Go here, scroll down to "Paste Craft of Exile URL" and do so; it'll load up targets for you re: the values you need, and it'll let you play around with the other corpses like "25% increased effect of corpses in this row" letting you get extra rating per corpse, and potentially using less corpses.

Lmao I love this stupid rear end game

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Ok. That helps. I forgot I need +int so I'm going to go back and add that suffix and see what it looks like. They're all pretty basic requirements.

Lmao I love this stupid rear end game

Crafting leagues are always totally ridiculous mechanically, it's my favorite XD

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

Crafting leagues are always totally ridiculous mechanically, it's my favorite XD

Ok I went to your site and pasted in the following CoE URL:
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=1&b...%22:24%7D%7D%7D

...and it did nothing at all

Also generating sample items, CoE says 1 in 2 graveyards should hit my 4 requirements (T1 life, chaos resist, all resists, +int) and out of the 10 sample items I've generated, none fit the requirements. What gives?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.craftofexile.com/how-to-use

Read the part about the columns

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Forget about Int, there's no way to separate it from Str/Dex/all Attributes so at best you have a less than 30% chance to hit it, even if Lire and resists were guaranteed

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ok so if I'm reading this right, I'm only allowed to sort affixes into 3 groups. With 4 mods this becomes impossible I guess? Basically, what I want is all 4 affixes to be considered mandatory for success but CoE requires that I put 2 mods in the same column?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Ok I went to your site and pasted in the following CoE URL:
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=1&b...%22:24%7D%7D%7D

...and it did nothing at all

Also generating sample items, CoE says 1 in 2 graveyards should hit my 4 requirements (T1 life, chaos resist, all resists, +int) and out of the 10 sample items I've generated, none fit the requirements. What gives?

Re: the graveyard site, it won't do anything wrt the layout, it'll add target values to the right-hand side and you can mess around with corpses manually until you've hit all the targets. You can also multi-select graves, so you could hit your mod tier target by selecting enough spaces to get the total, searching for modifier tier in the Add Modifiers menu, and clicking on the +50 mod tier result, and it'll add those corpses to all the graves selected.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

Re: the graveyard site, it won't do anything wrt the layout, it'll add target values to the right-hand side and you can mess around with corpses manually until you've hit all the targets. You can also multi-select graves, so you could hit your mod tier target by selecting enough spaces to get the total, searching for modifier tier in the Add Modifiers menu, and clicking on the +50 mod tier result, and it'll add those corpses to all the graves selected.

Ah ok

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Ok so if I'm reading this right, I'm only allowed to sort affixes into 3 groups. With 4 mods this becomes impossible I guess? Basically, what I want is all 4 affixes to be considered mandatory for success but CoE requires that I put 2 mods in the same column?

no, it considers prefixes and suffixes separately. There's three groups because you can have three of each. You can check this by moving the group of the single prefix around and noticing that it unlike moving the suffixes, it doesn't change the odds at all.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Draxion posted:

no, it considers prefixes and suffixes separately. There's three groups because you can have three of each. You can check this by moving the group of the single prefix around and noticing that it unlike moving the suffixes, it doesn't change the odds at all.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

E: Wow so adding +int to the mix takes my success rate from 1 in 3 to 1 in 243. Jeez that is unfortunate.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you really need a specific high-rolled attribute on something that can roll multiple attributes it's probably best to skip the Graveyard and do the ol' reliable Fractured+Essence combo.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
After sinking like 500div into trying out an armor stacker I can confidently say the mid-budget version kinda blows. I'm still on the Doryani's Prototype plan and you just periodically die for no discernable reason. The DPS isn't even that great. I am really not sure what the appeal is.

e: current POB if curious. I've tried the Lightning Strike of Arcing and Vaal Smite versions

https://pobb.in/ts-eHrQ0d43q

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 17, 2024

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Ah ok. That makes sense.

E: Wow so adding +int to the mix takes my success rate from 1 in 3 to 1 in 243. Jeez that is unfortunate.

Yeah, there are certain things grave-crafting doesn't do well, and aiming for a specific attribute is one of them. (Spell suppression is another big one.)

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, there are certain things grave-crafting doesn't do well, and aiming for a specific attribute is one of them. (Spell suppression is another big one.)

You can work around both of these using fracturing, though. Fracture 2-3 affixes that you do really want and then get your attribute from an essence (or spell suppression from essence/chaos/harvest spam).

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Whoever posted the domination teaching XP strategy, you're awesome. I stocked up at level 96 and am halfway through 98 now, so easy, still getting 5-5.5% xp per map XD

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
for favorite map slots, should i drop my 1 waste pool and go full JV favorites if i'm already over sustaining without doing any of the waste pools? would this get me slightly more JV and no waste pool?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Vegastar posted:

I decided to try swapping to the ‘tanky’ version of Rue’s coc dd and somehow it feels even worse than before. Seems clear I’m not getting something about this.

This is the pobb:
https://pobb.in/eJW1dnzUx5E9

This is what I’ve got:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VegastarLH/characters

Working on a shield craft to replace that mediocre thing, and I know my jewels need some more work, but I didn’t think I was in this bad of shape.

I’ve only got about 5div to play with at the moment, but even just understanding what I should be working toward would be a start.

What is your problem - lack of DPS, or lack of tank?

Tank:
You're not using Divine Flesh which is the main part of the 'tank' of the build.
PoB is showing your chaos resist as only 67% (not sure if I'm missing something) which is a huge issue when it should be at least 83% (get a shield with +3 max chaos).

DPS:
You don't have any ICR, which is a big DPS hit. You can easily get to the 14% breakpoint with a 12% belt craft and a 2% jewel.
Get a bleed chance and poison chance tattoo to help boost Yoke damage
Clusters will help a lot, but you likely need to gain some more levels first.

Here's my PoB, it's a little higher budget than yours but not hugely, mainly just the addition of Awakened CoC. https://pobb.in/44XOnRjkVTFh

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Vulpes posted:

What is your problem - lack of DPS, or lack of tank?

Tank:
You're not using Divine Flesh which is the main part of the 'tank' of the build.
PoB is showing your chaos resist as only 67% (not sure if I'm missing something) which is a huge issue when it should be at least 83% (get a shield with +3 max chaos).

DPS:
You don't have any ICR, which is a big DPS hit. You can easily get to the 14% breakpoint with a 12% belt craft and a 2% jewel.
Get a bleed chance and poison chance tattoo to help boost Yoke damage
Clusters will help a lot, but you likely need to gain some more levels first.

Here's my PoB, it's a little higher budget than yours but not hugely, mainly just the addition of Awakened CoC. https://pobb.in/44XOnRjkVTFh

Tank is mostly the problem. I just spent like 5 minutes looking at that pobb trying to figure out what the gently caress divine flesh is before looking it up on the wiki. What an absolutely unhinged design.

I’ll go buy the jewel - I know I need a bit more chaos res in there, it’s on the ‘upgrading helm or gloves’ plan. Shield I’m working on, only takes 32 goddamned -elemental corpses to craft, so uhh -checks notes- only 28 to go.

Belts on the list somewhere down the line too. Living that slow, consistent life of selling harvest juice because I’m too stupid to figure out most of the other mechanics and how to squeeze value out of them.

Edit: what the gently caress are these sacrificed numbers and how am I ever supposed to have an idea of which is worth using? Also which jewel slot is this thing supposed to go in to? Pobb is less than helpful about that bit.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 18, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I ran a similar strat for a little while (Ultimatum + Domination shrines) and can confirm that it's not worth it. And that goes double for Inscribed Ultimatum rewards - the vast majority I got were for stuff like a stack of fusings, or half a stack of scouring orbs.

Ultimatum and similar mechanics could really use the filler removed, you could remove 90% of inscribed ultimatum rewards that are "put in 10c, get 1c back" or rewards like 8 mod corrupted tier 2 map from a t16 ultimatum.
Replace all the worst rewards with a singular catalyst and it would be far better.

It can at least let you window shop some 2 corrupt implicits which is nice sometimes.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 18, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
They really need to add the cremate option to corpses in the field. I just want them to go away most of the time but I cant loot filter them away.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Vegastar posted:

Edit: what the gently caress are these sacrificed numbers and how am I ever supposed to have an idea of which is worth using? Also which jewel slot is this thing supposed to go in to? Pobb is less than helpful about that bit.

Are you doing all your build planning at pobb.in rather than in Path of Building Community? If so the time to switch over now (and the right time to switch over was the instant you started playing the game).

Path of Building has a Timeless Jewel search button on the skill tree page where you can search for mods that you want and get out the best jewels for a given socket. You can load other peoples' PoBs and see what stats they have prioritized and where they used their own jewels.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Vegastar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozo4BLFf9n0

https://vilsol.github.io/timeless-jewels/tree

There is also functionality in PoB, but it's not super intuitive.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Are you doing all your build planning at pobb.in rather than in Path of Building Community? If so the time to switch over now (and the right time to switch over was the instant you started playing the game).

Path of Building has a Timeless Jewel search button on the skill tree page where you can search for mods that you want and get out the best jewels for a given socket. You can load other peoples' PoBs and see what stats they have prioritized and where they used their own jewels.

This is all assuming that I am way more competent at this than I am, if that helps put it in to context any. I think I must be using the wrong thing, I guess. The mechanics of this god awful jewel are so insanely overwhelming to me right now and I can’t wrap my head around how something so convoluted and poorly explained can be so critical to building this character.

Like, how bad is it going to go for me to just pick one for a div somewhat randomly until I can take the time to comprehend this clusterfuck? I just wanted to click on stuff until it dies.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

That's fine for this build, just make sure it says "Sacrificed in the name of Xibaqua" otherwise you wont get Divine Flesh from it. Also you really need to max your chaos res beforehand and ideally get it to 85%+

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Man, this league is kicking my rear end. I got 0 loving money, I just got my 2nd voidstone today, been running Back to Basics since and... all scarab drops seem to be worthless for selling, and I'm not even finding floor chaos ffs. :(

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Vegastar posted:

This is all assuming that I am way more competent at this than I am, if that helps put it in to context any. I think I must be using the wrong thing, I guess. The mechanics of this god awful jewel are so insanely overwhelming to me right now and I can’t wrap my head around how something so convoluted and poorly explained can be so critical to building this character.

Like, how bad is it going to go for me to just pick one for a div somewhat randomly until I can take the time to comprehend this clusterfuck? I just wanted to click on stuff until it dies.

Also going back to your initial problem. You are missing leech for fire damage as an Eldritch implicit (searing exarch)and you got the wrong Watchers eye mod. This is the one you want https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/v5RgLUE

You also don't have the brittle ground Eldritch implicit on boots (also searing), which is a big DPS loss. Also get a chance to poison and chance to blind tattoo for your yoke.

Eezee fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 18, 2024

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Eezee posted:

Also going back to your initial problem. You are missing leech for fire damage as an Eldritch implicit (searing exarch)and you got the wrong Watchers eye mod. This is the one you want https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/v5RgLUE

You also don't have the brittle ground Eldritch implicit on boots (also searing), which is a big DPS loss. Also get a chance to poison and chance to blind tattoo for your yoke.

Yeah the eldrich stuff and my random jewel (which turned out pretty lucky, got a bunch of much-needed movespeed out of it) was a huge part of the problem. I was just rolling them as I got currency but bit the bullet and bought a couple hundred of each and fixed the poo poo. Things seem to be going better now, at least enough that I can work from here to get some real upgrades.

Still frustrating how much of this is so obtuse, but appreciate the guidance.

On a less ‘angry at video games’ note I think Delerious maps may be my new favorite thing. Hadn’t gotten around to trying one of these until now.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 18, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm just going to pay someone to carry me to 100 I think. I got up to 2 bars of xp towards 96 today and then inexplicably died several times and it's all gone. gently caress this lol..

Vegastar posted:

Buddy, you haven't even scratched the surface yet.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I'm just going to pay someone to carry me to 100 I think. I got up to 2 bars of xp towards 96 today and then inexplicably died several times and it's all gone. gently caress this lol..

there's omen of amelioration but yeah I also feel like just paying for a carry rather than omen or all the components for the breach/ritual strat

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Vegastar posted:

Frank Frank posted:

Case in point:

whypick1 posted:

[Interview with one PoE2 lead designers]
There might be 100,000 stats in [PoE1] (:wtc:).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh right I was actually gonna ask a question in my last post instead of only whining.

What league mechanics is CoCDD good for?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Anyone have a good build guide on forbidden rite pathfinder?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh right I was actually gonna ask a question in my last post instead of only whining.

What league mechanics is CoCDD good for?

It's popular because it's a good all-rounder, good at everything but excels at nothing. So the answer I guess is 'all of them'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

I've been playing with this for like 2 hours now and I have no idea how to manipulate it to get to what I want. I got the mods to import correctly from CoE but I don't know what to do with the graves or how to choose what supports what I'm trying to get to. The "how to" in the site description isn't much help. Hell, I understood crucible better than this.

I keep waiting for the tipping point to where my build becomes survivable and deals a shitload of damage. Definitely have the damage part now but I keep getting randomly deleted by things that shouldn't one-shot me. Some rare goat shaman mob earlier shot a single fireball at me which I just ignored because avoiding single projectiles isn't a thing but LOL it instantly killed me.

I've tried moving to a rare helm/chest setup with dreamfeather and the slight upgrade in survivability was offset by the huge damage falloff which actually resulted in more death due to simply not being able to kill fast enough. I also have a forbidden flame/flesh setup that grants "Arena Challenger" that I'm not even using. I have no idea where to go at the moment. I am going to try and power through gravecrafting a ring and I have market queries set up for straight improvements over my current boots/gloves/jewels etc but I'm not sure what else I can do.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 18, 2024