Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

J
Jun 10, 2001

And palsteron just put out his league starter archmage hiero lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzgay9ekqo

Between non indigon archmage builds, conner style indigon stacker builds, and energy blade builds, mana gear is gonna be expensive as gently caress this league y'all

Unless necropolis makes crafting mana gear easier which is entirely possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
These new scarabs are going to be great. So much less of a headache than sextants, and lots of cool new options to play with.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Mark wants to make "scrying orbs" where you can move div cards from one map into another map, that way you're not stuck in one map.

That'll be dope AF.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
loving let me into the Necropolis already, Mark

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

J posted:

And palsteron just put out his league starter archmage hiero lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzgay9ekqo

Between non indigon archmage builds, conner style indigon stacker builds, and energy blade builds, mana gear is gonna be expensive as gently caress this league y'all

Unless necropolis makes crafting mana gear easier which is entirely possible.

For the people not planning to play one of these builds, are there any items this points to being particularly valuable to craft or filter for (obviously fractured high tier mana on certain bases, but beyond that)? Any flasks that I should be looking to preferentially craft to sell to these builds?

xZAOx posted:

These new scarabs are going to be great. So much less of a headache than sextants, and lots of cool new options to play with.

The fact that we will be able to bulk buy these things without going on TFT is going to be a huge deal. I feel like a lot of the changes this league (e.g. the Veiled Orb) changes are specifically targeting bringing TFT markets into normal trade, which I'm happy to see.

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 26, 2024

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Yea I don't see myself feeling TFT as necessary at all going forward. If my build sucks I may buy a Maven/UElder carry, but that's it. No more compasses is huge

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The new scarabs they're revealing on Ziz's stream look sick

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
They removed the gem exp reward because during leveling, you could sometimes have a lot of your gems waiting for you to level up to increase their level.

That's the dumbest reason to nerf them.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

xZAOx posted:

They removed the gem exp reward because during leveling, you could sometimes have a lot of your gems waiting for you to level up to increase their level.

but I very specifically like that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
have they said how the scarabs you can use more than one of work in the device

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
If that was the issue then ggg could of removed those rare mods while levleing make them map+ only./

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm gonna miss the little stories that were told in the flavor text of old scarab.s

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Stux posted:

have they said how the scarabs you can use more than one of work in the device

No, but I'm guessing you need to make them separate stacks, otherwise the game won't know to use 1 from a stack of N from a stack unless all spots are filled, and even then that could be nebulous in some people's eyes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'd assume scarabs you can use multiple of at once would need to be in separate slots, similar to growing hordes/twist of fate stuff do it now.

What's even left for TFT at this point, a relatively risk free way to get boss carries/5way carries? Also mirror bullshit I guess.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I was wondering what is the point of a Ziz interview about the upcoming league after we already had the reveal and patch notes, but these reveals are awesome.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

xZAOx posted:

Problem: Too much fun.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Stux posted:

post your total hours pplayed in poe. now.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Setec_Astronomy posted:

For the people not planning to play one of these builds, are there any items this points to being particularly valuable to craft or filter for (obviously fractured high tier mana on certain bases, but beyond that)? Any flasks that I should be looking to preferentially craft to sell to these builds?

Off the top of head: Any rings and boots with a lot of flat mana, es, and int. Three Rat talismans, greatwolf talismans with good attribute rolls. Raw attributes and ES on belt is good too

I assume many of these builds will use the ivory tower chest, indigon helm, shapers touch gloves.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm wondering if we're nearing Chris announcing a retirement or something. I know a few years ago one of the "original 3" left, but he was never a public facing person of the company so it was pretty quiet.

Everything is now Mark and Jonathan, and to quote Mark - "We're now in a time of questioning everything". And I think a lot of those things are things Chris wouldn't let happen before.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

xZAOx posted:

jfc

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Einwand posted:

I'd assume scarabs you can use multiple of at once would need to be in separate slots, similar to growing hordes/twist of fate stuff do it now.

What's even left for TFT at this point, a relatively risk free way to get boss carries/5way carries? Also mirror bullshit I guess.

Don’t quote me on this but I think I read recently that 5ways are getting tagged again this patch. The reset time was bugged or something? Bottom line is a full 6 man party will get way fewer resets and therefore way less xp going forward

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Einwand posted:

I haven't kept up with all the latest changes, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the other uses I still know of are:

- Bulk buying/selling maps (this is because the search tool sucks for this*, unless it's been improved since 3.22).
- Bulk buying/selling beasts, esp. yellow beasts.
- Bulk buying/selling heist contracts/blueprints.
- Bulk selling ALL scarabs if you don't want to gently caress around with trading small quantities of individual scarabs. Not sure how this will change with the explosion of new scarabs.
- Bulk selling ALL essences.

That's a pretty short list. The first 3 could be solved (or maybe have been, again, I'm not up-to-date since 3.22) by coming up with a good system for bulk sales of "mildly differentiated" items. I don't know exactly what this would look like -- it might actually require a way to post particular types of bulk listings.

*Example of this: you search for T15 Glacier maps and find someone is selling 30 of them. You go to buy them and it turns out 60% of their maps are corrupted with lovely rolls. Or maybe you want corrupted chiseled maps but they only have 3, etc etc. It's just a PITA that is much better handled by TFT listings.

wemgo posted:

Off the top of head: Any rings and boots with a lot of flat mana, es, and int. Three Rat talismans, greatwolf talismans with good attribute rolls. Raw attributes and ES on belt is good too

I assume many of these builds will use the ivory tower chest, indigon helm, shapers touch gloves.

Thank you! Anything interesting about (magic) flasks for these builds? I've found that to be a really reliable and chill kind of crafting so it's nice to have an idea of what the market will look like.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
The flasks for mana stacking are pretty uninspired, tbh. The unique Coruscating Elixir is almost essential early for traditional mana stacking builds but the endgame goal is mageblood.

Mjolner has like a 400 str requirement. So early mjolner users will be stacking strength as well.

Coc dd stacks a bit of strength too. Pick up decent Heavy Belts.

wemgo fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 26, 2024

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I haven't kept up with all the latest changes, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the other uses I still know of are:

Carries, for boss kills / challenges
Mirror stuff (not that I've ever gotten to that point)
Hideouts I guess?
Rotas maybe?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Going to use this post for the Necropolis mechanic portion of the interview.
  • Unlimited corpse storage, but graveyard has a capacity of 60 (was 27 just yesterday).
  • Idea is to use it fairly liberally early on. Some "minimum sockets/links" crafts to help in early game.
  • NPC's long rambling speech only shows up at really high corpse numbers, just a few words if there's fairly few number of corpses. Lengthy speech builds suspense, doesn't want to put in an option to disable/skip it now but if it becomes a problem a few weeks out will revisit.
  • Harder monsters more likely to turn into corpses, so reason to actually juice this mechanic.
  • "+100 to physical modifier tier rating" = bottom 50% of physical tiers cannot be rolled, remaining tiers' weight increases somewhat proportionally. Enough investment means only T1 mods would be available (not guaranteed, you can still miss entirely, but if you hit you get a T1). 50 = 1/3, 100 = 1/2, 200 = 2/3.
  • In party play random chance for party members to gain one. Undertaker will show up when your graveyard is full to offer the opportunity to itemize corpses so you don't override. There is a delete ("Cremate") button so you can get rid of crappy ones.
  • Pretty sure mods exclusive to this method will be in mod groups (like +1 charges sharing with the Influenced mod)
  • Mechanic also appears in non-map stuff like Heist and Abyss, and those monsters have some exclusive modes.
  • Stuff like "chance to create a Mirrored copy" or "chance to Fracture an item" can stack above 100%, so you could in theory make a 6 Fractured mod item
  • There are some mods that are mutually exclusive and the game will stop you from planting those combos

Tier 17 stuff:
  • T17s can't drop T17s
  • Voidstones grant chance for T16s to convert to T17. Was just lowered to 0.4% chance per, but it works like Grand Spectrums, so a full 4 Voidstones = 6.4% chance. However there's diminishing returns after one drops (specifically to normalize between alch-and-go players and MF giga-chad groups)
  • Aiming for a 1/5 chance for a T17 to drop in a juiced T16.
  • A T16 map will only a drop a specific T17, so target farming is possible
  • Mechanically T17s should be easier than Uber Pinnacles, but the random mods can certainly make them harder
  • Twice the size of normal maps, twice the pack size, said packs are also a bit more valuable in terms of IIR/IIQ. Affected by Atlas tree and can be Scarab juiced. No div card drops (naturally).
  • T17 monsters can be Spectre'd. They have slightly higher life than other monsters (:siren: Attention Detonate Dead players :siren:)
  • The new T17 boss fights are fairly familiar from their previous iterations. Catarina has 3 Abyss Liches you have to fight through.

QoL Bingo:
  • Unironically Mark found it to be quality feedback. Better than some 10,000 word essay.
  • Internally had a back and forth on a combat dummy. Concern is that putting numbers means players will go "if this setup does less than X then it's crap" rather than playing by feel. Can't really do anything about PoB existing though. Ziz: But you can use it to see if an interaction actually works. <loving ad break>. Mark: We need to do a better job of making the character sheet not actually suck in PoE1.
  • No reason not to have auras turn off when you die
  • Could consider adding a rucksack to the map device ("not a character one")
  • Flip of coin if stash tab sorting will be introduced soon. Doesn't want a item filter-esque complex sorting, just "here's the basic algorithm, have fun".
  • Wouldn't be surprised if 3.25 gets increased pickup radius
  • Some concern about color-coding mods because it can make things look like poo poo. Using symbols might make things look more complex.
  • Removed Veiled Chaos Orbs as a means to rein in the sheer number of crafting options. Removing stuff can open design space (see: Sextants).
  • Ziz wanted to trade Engineering Orbs for Veiled Chaos Orbs, but the latter is actually going to be dealt with next league (was planning on dealing with it this league but it got axed for time)

And I have to go home now.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 27, 2024

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

All I want to know is if I can ignore collecting the lantern until I'm ready to play Boring Menu: The Game every time I zone

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m genuinely excited to kick this bitch off

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Stux posted:

Probably 400-500 tbh

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Jesus christ why isn't it Friday yet.

Stux posted:

I stopped using the steam client in 2019, that was at 4.3k hours, so prrrrrobably 7-8k now?

note: this does not mean I am good at the game.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

dd buff, lol

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Tarnop posted:

All I want to know is if I can ignore collecting the lantern until I'm ready to play Boring Menu: The Game every time I zone

No. The lantern is unavoidable in league

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Realtalk, will DDing league monsters prevent us from being able to loot the corpses?

Seems like that wont be a thing, but still…

I dont typically use the Steam client and i deleted all my pre-2020 characters some time ago, but ive averaged 200-350 hours per league for the last 4 leagues….

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How long does game remember things you raise as specters for your desecrate

Edit

Oh you have to make sure they desecrate in your hideout once

The game saves as many spectres as your maximum number is spectres

euphronius fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 27, 2024

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Mark - "We already have a plan for Engineer orbs"

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm at the stage of league start indecision in which I genuinely just hosed around with "What if I did Blight CWC and like all the chaos dots". Time to take a break and regroup.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

They are talking about wanting to actually add a Death Recap. Incredible times.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Setec_Astronomy posted:

They are talking about wanting to actually add a Death Recap. Incredible times.

Mark is awesome, i gotta say

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Death Recap is a 50% reservation aura. Total bait!!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The reservation is actually variable. Higher reservation = more detail/further back in time it goes :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Cast on Death - Death Recap.