Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Okay so I'm doing Rodent's Searing Touch Scorching Ray Inquisitor right now and I want to switch to having RF too. What do I need to get that rolling? I think: Rise of the Phoenix, Purity of Fire, Barbarism, a Ruby Flask... what else? Even all those things only gives me ~+500life/sec, which doesn't feel extremely comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Quixzlizx posted:

I still don't understand how prophecies work, even after asking in guild chat and reading the wiki article.

You spend a silver coin. Navali tells you something will happen. It happens, sometimes. The prophecy is consumed and it won't happen anymore, unless you roll the prophecy again. That's it. That's all that there is.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Okay, I switched over to RF/Scorching Ray Inquis and it's great damage, but I need help with sustainability. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters

Not really sure what I can do to fix things - feels like I take too long to heal up when I take big hits. I've got a budget of ~20 liquid chaos to play with, maybe up to 40 if I switch over some other currency or some of my items finally sell

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I'm browsing through the Chinese q&a thread with Erik and here's some cool highlights:

"We are working at upgrading the player class models, but it is a very long process since it involves modifications to all animations and armours. By now the game has so much content so changes like this take time. I was actually looking at one of the work in progress player models earlier today, and I am very keen to get them into the game! Also I can confirm that the Templar will get pants in this update."

We are working on new portraits, and I can give you a small work in progress image of one of the Scion portraits.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We are experimenting with a system that could allow skin effects like tattoos and different skin tones at the moment. Please be patient while we are developing this kind of thing.

Q: Is possible the chararter have gender for each classes?
A: This would take a lot of resources to do, and while I'm not completely ruling it out, if we did it, it would be far into the future.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 11, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Anyone playing frost blades able to speak to the single target damage in the endgame? How's the damage on bosses at t15+?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Trying to figure out a ~max block necromancer running... frost blades?? with crown of eyes?? could be spec throw too, I guess, but the single target is bad enough. Any suggestions on improvements? I have to trim 10 points, and also I'm open to other skills, such as: switch it to a fukken wander

http://poeurl.com/brSv <--tree or pastebin --> https://pastebin.com/i4yW0BP0

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

awesmoe posted:

Steam/reddit guides for identifying valuable gear seem to ignore sockets/links entirely - is it just expected that people will do their own fusing/chromatic-ing ?

Sockets absolutely don't matter unless you have 5links, or 6links. In that case, colors might be an additional value added if you have a very rare color combo - 5 blue on a pure dex base - and that rare color combo is a popular one for that item. (Maybe spellcaster's are hot for Perfect Form, for some reason. Just to imagine one)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Comparing wander pathfinder vs glacial cascade mines, and assuming a starter budget of, let's say, 100c - how much worse will gc mines clearspeed be than kb pathfinder? how much worse at bosskilling will wander be than gc mines?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

What's this boot worth?

Rarity: Rare
Entropy Road
Goliath Greaves
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 226 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 95
--------
Sockets: B-G-R-R
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
--------
+28 to Strength
+11 to Armour
+69 to maximum Life
+41% to Cold Resistance
+23% to Lightning Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed

I can tell that the value is somewhere between 1ex and 25ex... but nothing more specific than that :\

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

When did exalts spike to like double what they were last week

my pet theory is that for non-prophecy spenders this is around the time that people are hitting zana 8, finally.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Control Volume posted:

So after doing a lot of skill variations, tree tweaks, and other fun things, I think I finalized my martyr of innocence inquisitor build. Its focus is almost entirely on using eye of innocence to trigger vengeance/CWDT setups and constantly buff myself and debuff enemies while setting everything including myself on fire. With a cool ~700c you can get the stuff for The Red Nightmare for a grand total of 63% base block chance and pretty much always be at 6 endurance charges, everything is consecrated ground, fortify is always up, a chaos golem is always up, the enemy is always blind, and it somehow has 11k armor because WHY NOT. Enfeeble (and a purity if it fits) will also be tossed in the mix once I get The Red Dream and can drop Warlord's Mark.

Here are a couple things I learned!
1. The built-in vengeance sucks for damage. By itself it maxes out around 60k every 1.2 seconds if you shove it full of supports. The utility on the otherhand is amazing since every vengeance is a six link, so you can toss CoH-curse, fortify, blind, pcoc-increased crit chance, culling strike, etc. If the slots aren't filled, you can toss aura/movement gems in there and just treat the vengeance like a free gem slot too.
2. Immortal call is terrible for this build, it pops off at random and essentially just acts to drain all your endurance charges during a boss fight that you can't get back because it keeps popping off. It makes you untouchable while clearing packs but those aren't a threat anyways.
3. Because the build has so much inherent flat fire damage and increased fire damage (the three necessary uniques give about 180% increased as a baseline), all the best improvements are multiplicative or attack speed based. Increased damage gives heavily diminished returns so the best passives are fire penetration, attack speed, crits, and accuracy. The heavy attack speed synergy is why vengeance sucks at damage, since it doesn't scale at all. Anger is still good for a 20% boost in DPS though.
4. Crit mechanics are stupid.

It's not at all how I thought the build would go, but the sheer amount of buffs and debuffs makes the build actually feel like a paladin.

drat son, can you post a link or pob? that sounds stupid, and also, fun as gently caress

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

If you're wearing cold volkuurs gloves, will cold res pierce increase your poison (by making the initial hit bigger?)

e: another question i have is, the gloves say "cold damage can poison," does that mean i have to find a separate source of poison for chaos damage?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 16, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

The War for the Atlas is really fantastic, it fundamentally fixes min-maxing the atlas by making it always dynamic and always changing. If they just moved density or layouts or whatever around we'd always eventually figure out the most efficient path, but since the map's going to be changing depending on what we run, that's simply no longer an option. Really an A+ lesson learned from the shifting zones during Mayhem and Turmoil events.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Spell Cascade turns things like Flamestrike and Dark Pact into a linear spell?? Am I understanding this right?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

OK so they have a ring that consumes a level 20 gem, then a 19, 18, and 17 gem!? So you can run a loving 5-link in your Ring slot. holy poo poo my dudes

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Those built-in links are part of the expansion, right? So that means this mechanic is always going to be around, and not just for this league? I guess they're really pleased with the builds that The Tempest Binding opened up?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

nightwisher posted:

Rare helmet with added lightning + added cold support mods + heirophant = Better than tempest binding in every possible way.

But is that going to be better than Pathfinder or even Raider?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

1. Does Dark Pact Zerker have a much harder time with sustainability now?
2. How's Scorching Ray/Flameblast, anyways? Is there a good build for it that isn't Templar? I just... I can't handle the Templar shoulders

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I bet those power charge/frenzy charge changes are coming back in 3.1

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrksFvVWOM0

0:00 - 0:27 Volatile Dead
0:28 - 0:55 Bodyswap
0:56 - 1:21 Unearth and Cremation
1:22 - 1:50 Storm Barrier
1:51 - end Spell Cascade

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

bv-decay is really good+fun but frankly it's less efficient than ed-contagion and if you're going to play a pseudo-melee character why not just play... a real melee character. also allelopathy is now 150c (pretty sure these 22c ones are fake)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

What's the ideal ed/contagion build, anyways? This is my first time playing it and it's a lot more fun than I expected

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

What search are you using for Allelopathy? I'm looking on harbinger right now and they are 1c. I mean, i know its a dead league but I was planning on playing BV Decay in abyss and 150c is a lot.

I'm talking about in Mayhem

Looks like they've stabilized around 60c

Honestly though the build is quite powerful already with ed/contagion/blight+3 supports in a tabula rasa

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

haha allelopathy dropped from 90c at the start of the day straight to 15c right now. i'm bad at economy

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

How do you get more survivability with an occultist ED/Cont/Blight build? I have basically no gear but right now I've got about 3.5k hp and 3k ES, which is... pretty squishy, and I'm only in white maps.

Or maybe a more inclusive question is: how do I scale up ed/cont/blight occultist from low gear? This is my first time playing this build and I love it a lot but I dunno what to prioritize for gearing. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters??characterName=HeiJinJian

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 28, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Only reflect rares, reflect maps are still garbage.

I guess it's so that builds that can't handle reflect don't one-shot themselves in non-reflect maps? Otherwise this change has almost no effect on the, umm, possibility space of what builds can be

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I know we're still waiting for patch notes, but I'm thinking about playing a Slayer this coming league. What's a solid Slayer league starter, usually? Sunder?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

How do you get more survivability with an occultist ED/Cont/Blight build? I have basically no gear but right now I've got about 3.5k hp and 3k ES, which is... pretty squishy, and I'm only in white maps.

Or maybe a more inclusive question is: how do I scale up ed/cont/blight occultist from low gear? This is my first time playing this build and I love it a lot but I dunno what to prioritize for gearing. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters??characterName=HeiJinJian

So I like this build a lot, I've improved my equipment to about ~4.5k hp and 4.4k ES, but I still feel pretty squishy - specifically I'm dying a lot in the high yellows, especially on Invasion maps. Any suggestions on how to improve survivability? I guess I could switch over to BV/Decay and grab a cwdt/ic and Vaal Discipline?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

why isn't saffell's frame more popular? isn't +max res really powerful?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

ugh, i got my ED build all the way to 88 but even with some handouts from rich kids I still have a hard time in red maps, dying way too often. Not sure what I can do to fix this in time and hit 90

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 3, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

silvergoose posted:

loving rear end-rear end. Couldn't they have *mentioned* it? One fuckin daily away from getting zana to 8.

I mean it doesn't matter at all. But it matters.

Just get it in standard and at least the decos will be available in all future leagues

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Could you make a bleed kinetic blast character?

e: seems like a very bad concept since the multiple explosions won't stack bleed multiple times

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 5, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Yeah besides the leech changes and qotf change there haven't been really any nerfs. Pure Physical Wander might be more viable now with the shield node changes, kinetic blast remains just through the roof. Reave got buffed which is nice, I was thinking about doing that build. And necromancers got a big buff. Dang.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

jesus christ those people are such babies

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Kild posted:

Sure people optimize for the next best thing when they wouldn't otherwise but uh that usually just winds up getting nerfed too it seems. Also a lot of their nerfs completely gut things and take years to fix usually. If they even get fixed sometimes they just get superseded like Elemental hit and Wild Strike.

Kinetic blast hasn't even been touched so i don't know what anyone is getting in a hoopla about

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

One can hardly complain about "minions not doing damage when you die" as a nerf. What the hell is wrong with you dorks

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Trogdos! posted:

Pleasing the whales

Yeah I mean the biggest whale of all time is the guy who made the goddess unleashed

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

so i guess reave is gonna be crazy wild this league huh

prebuff 8stack:

buffed 8stack:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

also is this thread about leech mechanics and slayer leech mechanics true/correct? https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hyxcu/leech_mechanics_are_weird_a_slayers_guide_to/

(bigger hits are better than smaller hits?)