Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

suuma posted:

I play this game every league for a week or two and have no idea what I'm doing because there's so much unexplained fluff, particularly with regards to crafting.

This is pretty much my experience so far, only I'm 2 leagues in; played Delve until act... 7? Then came back in Synthesis and finally got through act 10 and got to maps... only to immediately decide to make a new build so now I'm in act 3.

I've annoyed the guys at the discord with this already, but got a couple different responses so here goes again:

What the hell am I supposed to do regarding gearing up while levelling? I know I should be on the lookout for +life / +resist pieces, but most of the time the stuff I'm getting has gently caress all for slots/links, so I'm not sure what's the 'breakpoint' where I sacrifice one or the other. I've been mostly prioritising slots/links and using chromatic orbs sparingly when I get something that's close to what I need (say, got a +life 4-link pair of gloves but they're not the right colours at a high-ish level), but there always comes a point where I start getting shredded by regular-rear end enemies, and it feels like getting a drop that has the proper amount of links/stats is impossible.

Should I be trying to craft poo poo? buying it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RED TEXT BIG GUN posted:

Lots of good poo poo

Hey, thanks a bunch to everyone who chimed in with levelling/gearing tips. :tipshat:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Since it looks like most of us are doing worb for the minileague, anybody got a good PoB build to share? :v: Preferably with low/mid/high level trees

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Morning y'all. I've finally 'clicked' with this game after a number of false starts and actually made it all the way to red maps with a Zoomancer witch. Then I swapped to Arc. Then of course I started 5 other builds and I'm now currently playing a Toxic Rain pathfinder following ziz's PoB and I have questions.

1) What's considered 'midgame' in PoE? I ask because...
2) I'm at the "Level 70 - Merc Lab" (currently level 73) part of the PoB tree; Eldritch Battery seems to have sorted my mana usage, but when I go to the skills tab and check the "Midgame (pre-influence)" skill set, it uses like 5 auras and I got not nearly enough mana to have them all going at the same time. should I still be using the "38-maps" skillset for now?
3) The skill tree then has three more sets: "Mid/Endgame - EB", Endgame - Reduced cost", and "Softcore Endgame - Reduced Cost". Are those incremental or different options once I hit endgame?
4) If I'm running EB, does stuff like energy shield recharge and + energy shield affect my 'energy shield mana'? I'm guessing yes, but I never know with this game T_T

Thanks a bunch

/edit: drat, that's a bad page snipe :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

whypick1 posted:

1. In this case, Midgame is "I have all my Voidstones, am regularly running T16 maps and upgrades I need cost multiple Divines". I'd think that's a slightly skewed definition of "midgame" though. (edit: agreed with below, 2 Voidstones [Eater/Exarch] is a solid definition for Midgame, especially as the jump from 2 to 4 Voidstones usually takes some time unless you're rich enough to buy the Maven/Uber Elder carries that early on).
2. You should be using the "Level 38 - Maps" skillset (which is a bit poorly named, should probably be something like "Level 38 - 80" or somewhere along those lines, since "Maps" could mean literally anything from 70 to 100, and those 30 points make a HUGE difference).
3. Both. "Mid/Endgame - EB" transitions to one of the two other ones. The Softcore one uses Cluster Jewels, which are much easier to get in softcore trade league compared to Hardcore or SSF, which is what the other one is geared towards (note: Zizaran is a HC player).
4. Only "faster start of Energy Shield recharge" is a dead mod, since ES recharges immediately with EB. Recharge rate affects how quickly it fills back up, and flat ES increases your pool, as normal.

Well that clears it up nicely. Thanks a bunch everyone, I'll set things up when I get back home and give it a try.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Adventures in trading

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So I was running a zoomancer early in the league and ended up re-rolling it of sorts to Poison SRS and... this is doing gently caress all damage? I've no idea what I'm doing, could someone take a look to see if they spot any glaring issues? Feels like I'm missing a lynchpin somewhere. (Reses are kinda hosed (and I'm missing a chest gem) because I was loving around with the gear, but that's not gonna be it, can barely run low white maps atm)

https://pobb.in/40y3BD-2vvHw

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, poo poo. Thanks.

/edit: Arcanist is connected to Bone Offering/Desecrate/Despair, not quite sure why it isn't showing up. Thanks again.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 25, 2023

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
This worth anything?

Awakened PoE is giving me conflicting reports :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Aight, I'll throw it in at 20 and see how that goes. Cheers.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Me and The Boys

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

No Safe Word posted:

Absolute rookie numbers :haw:

from Empy's latest "project"

:worship:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
How long you reckon until we start getting a wave of 'Boomer ARPGs'

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Alright, time for some longposting now that the post-patch note chatter has died down a bit. :v:

I finally clicked with this game last league after a bunch of false starts during previous seasons. Tried out a bunch of builds because I have brain issues, got to red maps but the T16 bosses kicked my rear end in most builds I tried so I ended up doing a bit of everything just to figure out what I wanted to focus on so never got too deep into the uhhh... league mechanics? Like Heist/Harvest/Legion. I did do a bunch of Heist and while I kinda liked it man, that was a lot of work. Same for Betrayal, I think I saw 3 safehouses total.

With all that intro out of the way, couple questions:

1) For maps, when do I move up tiers? Sometimes I'd be running a dunno, T14, but dying a bunch of times in the attempt so it felt more I was 'getting away' with completing the map than properly 'clearing' it if that makes sense . Is it the old Diablo 3 "stay in the tier you can clear without much trouble until you get enough gear/levels to clear the next one equally as fast"?

2) For Atlas Tree and general endgame activities, what are some good ones if I'm mostly going for currency to support my crippling trade habit? I have 0 interest of interfacing with the crafting systems so I'll be mostly trading for stuff I need. I'll roll some flasks, do the recipe dance for linking/colouring 4 slots and bench something onto an item I've bought that has an open slot, but that's about it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Thanks for the endgame tips, took notes for when I get there. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kung fu jive posted:

I will change my starter at least three more times before league start

:hmmyes:

And 2 more times while getting to endgame.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Frank Frank posted:

Some dude just whispered, "Rush me bro?" to me and then logged off.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

I just had a violent flashback to Diablo 2 online.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Torn between SRS and LA for starter.

The others on my shortlist were Zoomancer, RF, EAB and TRB, buuuut. RF is funny but not fun, ran EAB a whole bunch last league so I wanna try something new I guess, and TRB's gameplay is kinda the same as EAB, only with different effects.

SRS I actually played a bit last league; I had a Zoomancer that I ended up respeccing to SRS to try it out but I probably hosed something up gear-wise because I could not make it work. It felt like it did gently caress all damage but I didn't care enough to troubleshoot it at that point so I kinda wanna see it when it does work.

LA: Nyooooooooooooom (also looks like it plays like Multishot DH in D³ confirm/deny?)

Ah, decisions.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Reiterpallasch posted:

still planning wave of conviction into arc ignite here, but i've got poo poo to deal with on the first weekend anyway so i'll be lucky to be in maps on monday.

Hold up, is this exactly what it says on the tin? You just use arc to set poo poo on fire? :eyepop:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Reiterpallasch posted:

yes, elementalists have an ascendancy that allows them to ignite with any damage type. arc ignite is very cheap to gear (shockingly, +1 lightning gems and fire dot multi is much cheaper on a sceptre than +1 fire gems and fire dot multi) and has a lot of intangible good-feels going on, and it particularly excels at legion because pushing vaal arc lets you crack the entire legion in a few clicks. its weakness is awful single-target damage compared to other popular ignites. i would say that most people looking for that kind of experience should probably go corrupting fever instead, but i happen to like arc.

[sighs] I now have 3 starters to choose from. I hope you're happy. :colbert:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh man, first league start that I'll actually be playing. :derp:

What's the go-to guide for Poison SRS? Balormage's? There's also a Ghazzy version of the same build for some reason. Bear in mind that I'm extremely stupid and know gently caress all about the game. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Got 2 quick SRS questions (will have way more tonight)

1) What do I want to run on a 4link for SRS itself? Haven't been able to get my hands on 5/6 and I'm poor af (barely into red maps)
2) Is SiS only for the poison 'switch'? Or can I run it until I get everything else?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I stand corrected, in not as poor as I thought. Got myself a 5 link, made the mistake of vendor recipeing my 20 gems to lvl 20 quality so I'll be running whites again for a bit. I'm really smart guys.

Thanks for the info, I'll post my atlas later tonight and see how badly I'm loving that up :haw:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Yeah, I actually have a couple white socket items in my other gearset to level gems, but I lacked the foresight to level my 'main' gems alongside, I've been levelling some of the stuff I'll use later on but eh, like y'all said, it's not that long before the gems start putting in work again after getting them back to 1.

I do have Arena Master and Pale Seraphim, and I have a AG with... Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Southbound and Windscream (gruthkul's was expensive as balls when I checked).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
More Questions Time while I run some maps to get my gems back to level :v:

This is my atlas so far, I was following a "league starter" guide to theoretically help me out fill out my atlas. Was planning on switching to something else once I got my mechanics picked and at least most of my map bonuses done.

And this is my PoB.

Any glaring issues on either of those? I'm at lvl 87 and got up to T11 maps but I'm all out of anything above 7 atm :argh:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Frank Frank posted:

You seem to be missing a flask for starters. Keep in mind that if you don’t want to trigger flasks individually, you can use the harvest bench to do stuff like “use this flask when adjacent flask is used”

E: oh no, for the atlas you usually(?) want to go straight up the middle to get the +map level nodes and then branch from there (correct me if I’m wrong here). I would strongly suggest taking one of the “shaping” map nodes as well as singular focus until you get a stockpile of the maps you want. Maybe that can wait for T16 I guess.

In terms of immediate investment I would work on your rings to shore up chaos resist because that is really going to hurt you long run if you leave it at -80. Amethyst is a good base or a two stone with boosted mods. Remember you can use prismatic catalysts (expensive) to boost resistance mod %s

Got all flasks on me (even though I still need to roll a couple, been weirdly short on baubles, should buy some), using an ahk that keeps them up while I'm attacking because gently caress flasks :v:

Noted on the rings, cheers.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
What's the best way to go about 5linking something? Got a Dendrobate drop (middle of the road rolls but hey) but it only has two sockets on it. I know the drill up to 4, after that I've no idea other than "hit it with jeweler's and fusings and pray".

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

GenSpecific posted:

I can give you a 5 link Dendro if you are PC.

I am, but isn't that poo poo like 60c? You'd be better off just selling it. :<

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

GenSpecific posted:

Do you want it or not and also are you in the discord.

I do and I am. Edmond over there as well.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Yeah, got the notification in-game just now, looks like it's up

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/specials

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've been trying to get LA Deadeye up to red maps (got to early red maps with SRS but ehhhhh not digging it), and right now at early yellows I can clear 3 screens with one single click, but essence monsters and bosses take loving forever, even with the ballistas out. I'm also ceasing to exist any time an enemy looks at me funny, even if I have the same life as the guide's pob... but that seems to be the build? Straight up glass cannon?

Here's the PoB if someone want to take a look and point out any glaring issues.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kumquat posted:

Actually a bunch of your gear has crit stats on it, did you mean to do the crit swap and just forget to unspec Precise Technique?

It’s also not really worth doing essences past white maps because they get rippy but the rewards don’t scale with difficulty. Just walk past ‘em!

Hm, probably missed refunding that node when following the guide, I'll take a look. Yeah, I got the 15% life node thinking about a Tabula but haven't been able to grab one yet. I may just refund it while I get one.

totalnewbie posted:

Those are typical experiences for the build, yes.

I see. Time to reconsider.

Any recommendations for a comfy tanky build with like... 2-3 buttons? :v: (Already tried RF, not really my thing even if it's really funny).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Papercut posted:

You could get a bow that increases your DPS by 35% for 30c. Pretty much the only thing you need to do to easily take LA Deadeye into t16 maps is get an 800 or 900 edps bow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/82369DGsV

Also the reason you're exploding is you have 29% spell suppress when you should have 100%. It doesn't look like you followed the guide's leveling tree because you skipped all of the defensive nodes, which he has you take first. Also when you spec into crit you're supposed to spec out of the Primeval Force wheel. You should probably just revisit the guide because the fixing your tree and buying a new bow will be dramatically easier than leveling a whole new character.

I'll take a look at the bow, thanks. I've been following the tree guide to the letter, here's my current tree compared to the lvl 80 (I'm at 75) from the guide. I'll look into sorting out my spell res via gear, but afaik I'm not missing nodes.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I could use some pointers wrt my build and general "what now"-ness. Right now I have... lvl 90 PSRS witch, lvl 90 LA Deadeye, a lvl 88 RF inq and a WiP lvl 75 lightning conduit ele (I tend to start a new class when I hit ~90 with something, I like trying out new poo poo. v:v:v)

I'm playing mostly the LA Deadeye since it's the one I click with the most, gameplay wise, running lvl 16 maps without much trouble except for the moments where I get one-shotted by some random poo poo. Got my two first voidstones (eater and exarch), I think my current quest objective is to beat up the shaper in his realm. My budget is ~800 chaos and 13 divs, can probably sell enough harvest juice to get me 2-3 extra divs.

This is my current build/loadout: https://pobb.in/1PecGXBCUP8d, been following this guide: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/lightning-arrow-deadeye-gear-jewels-flasks, my curr

1) Do I want to just keep aiming for the next 2 voidstones? I know one is Maven, no idea about the other one.
2) What should I be prioritising for upgrades for my LA? Do I want to swap to TS at this point? (Not sure if that's an all-or-nothing investment or if I can start building towards it).
3) Is Deadeye inherently squishy, is my build/loadout hosed, or a bit of both? It's like I do real well until something punches me in the face.
4) Do I want to "split up" what I'm running and use the Deadeye for clear and PSRS for bossing? Or not worth it at this point?

That's it for now, will have dumber questions later today :v:

Thanks a bunch.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Zoomancer is really fun/funny and a surprisingly smooth campaign/levelling experience. I fell out of it last league because for the higher end stuff you want AG and I was too poor/had no idea what I was doing to slam 100c on a good AG gear set (and recasting zombies/skellies gets annoying) but running around with 50 assholes punching everything is hilarious.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Alright so this league I'm trying to actually take a starter up to 2-3 voidstones instead of going "oooh shiny" and making 5 different builds.

What's EAB Champ good for, atlas/previous league stuff-wise?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
If I'm following a league started guide, what's usually considered "early/mid/endgame"?

Made it to maps and need to start sorting out my (horrifying, thank you Warden of the Magi for the elemental reses :v: ) gear situation.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Realistically speaking, how much am I gimping myself by not running AG on a zoomancer build?I know it's not that expensive to gear it, I just can't be arsed to re-gear it when it eats poo poo (it always eats poo poo at some point).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Could I get a second set of eyes on this?

https://pobb.in/6OvQBeKhfSPR

Any glaring mistakes/obvious upgrades?

Atlas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

wemgo posted:

Whats your goal? Note that growing hordes removes the scarab effect and replaces it with “more monsters”.
Dunno, Number Go Up? v:v:v

Joking aside, my goal for the past few leagues since 'clicking' with the game was getting a bit further into endgame than the previous one (and this one in particular to stop jumping into new builds).
I've made it to 4 voidstones, 6 or 7 fav slors, got my 5th map slot and I've been running +20 quality, alch'd t16s (gently caress bricking maps with vaals), with a sextant on each stone, 4 scarabs when I can (I read the growing hordes node, yes :v: ) and 3-5k jungle juice and... it's been going well, damage and not-dying wise.

Not sure how sustainable it is though; my chisels (/edit: ^^^ forgot I can buy these off of Kirac)/scarabs have been going steadily down since I started doing this, and I'm not seeing drops anywhere near what people are reporting. I've seen the odd 5-6 scarab drop, yes, but I've seen ONE floor div. Most upgrades seem to be in the tens of divs while I got a grand total of 9 and those came from selling invitations; I've never seen the amounts of harvest juice Stux mentioned a bit ago, and Tujen seems to carry mostly the odd chorb, some div decks and lots of lower currencies and that's about it.

wemgo posted:

Why arent you taking the “explosive archaeology” expedition node? If you can handle it, itll likely speed up your maps.

I like placing the explosives; the big boom always felt like a great way of not seeing something that'll brick the encounter for me.