Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sarcastro posted:

Say, did you guys know that a Vagan arena counts as an area, and so you can arrive in there to be greeted by five Perandus packs? I didn't know that. Gosh, was that neat.

Along similar lines, tormented spirits can spawn in story boss arenas, and even possess said story boss. I found that out the hard way when Act 3 Piety got possessed by a cannibal and started eating all her adds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can anyone recommend a good item filter for Mayhem?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

MTX glitches getting a bit much:

Busto's Collar

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

STiL. posted:

I lower my config file to potato settings because my ancient machine likes to hang on zone changes but I guess this recent patch really buggered it up? Every time I would save the settings texture_filtering=0 and texture_quality=5 it would revert to texture_filtering=2 and texture_quality=0 (yes, these are potato settings) when I start the game. The other things I've fiddled with seem to stick but even these two things changing I notice a huge impact on performance. Any way to get my config file to behave?

Zone changes have been taking forever for me since the patch too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Does anyone know how static strike interacts with ancestral call support? I know the initial hit works as expected, but does it also mean I get three different discharges per attack?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

doesnt ss have the aoe tag? ac shouldn't work with that

Molten Strike has the AOE tag but it works perfectly with AC, because the initial hit isn't AOE. And like I said, I'm definitely getting the extra attacks for the initial hit of Static Strike. What I want to know is if I also get two extra static discharges from it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The most obvious one to me would be Scorching Ray and Disintegrate.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

If you're level 60+ and haven't finished lab when you go in to fight Izaro his platform should raise up with him sleeping in a bed with the voice actor lightly snoring and then they just skip you to the end of the lab. :colbert:

An emperor must bear two pillows: one that is soft and fluffy, the other firm and supportive.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheRat posted:

Think Ive gotten everyone who asked for a guild invite, but if I missed you (or you didnt post yet), there's still plenty of room (and there probably wont be in two days so get in now)

Hello, can I get an invite on BurningAgrias? Thank you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I gotta say those recipes look really cool. I guess the question is what the drop rate on low level nets is going to be like, and whether it's worth four of them for the QS flask or the MS boots.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpj0v0U4R0o

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Other than a handful of leveling recipes, it doesn't seem like it's worth capturing anything until you get to maps. Maybe for fixing resists or stats, but I'd rather just pay someone an alch and be done with it. It's just way too tedious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good luck capturing anything if you're a slayer with the 20% culling strike!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kild posted:

Hows shield throw?

It feels just like Frost Blades, but worse in almost every way. It's slower, it has less options for scaling, and the secondary projectiles have shorter range and don't auto-target. I'm not a fan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elentor posted:

To iterate on Mentat's advice, ED/Contagion is really gear independent and you can just go nuts and have 75% damage reduction on basic mechanics. I'm not a huge fan of the playstyle but RaizQT made two videos about leveling it and doing a basic setup if you're interested.

Man I really want to watch this but it's almost 40 minutes of unorganized rambling over twitch footage, complete with dumb subscriber animations and a loving facecam. Doesn't even have a written guide ffs.

(I've really been spoiled by EE's guides)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

POE's story is at least better than Diablo 3's story. I know that's a pretty high bar to clear.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In my first marauder playthrough I could have sworn I saw male ghosts in Merveil's cavern, but I haven't seen them since so I probably just misremembered.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kild posted:

maybe your marauder is gay

Good, I love my large adult gay son.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Social justice gladiator, I block all your bad posts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That sure is a burning swastika.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

QuantaStarFire posted:

This is beautiful and I feel so bad for that dude.

I think I've finally played enough of this game to understand why that's funny.

Ha ha!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I did my first temple clear, and I didn't make it to the apex but I now have 6 chaos orbs at level 18 thanks to a fully upgraded currency room.

Also Vaal Arc owns.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I had one complaint about Incursion, it's that actually trying to connect the rooms is a huge pain in the rear end. It's extremely frustrating when Alva sends you to nothing but disconnected rooms and you can never get a stone of passage to drop in time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Lightning spire trap is cool but between the damage range of lightning, the random aoes and my current crit chance I'm getting some very inconsistent results. Sometimes I throw three traps on top of a boss and it tickles them, sometimes it instantly deletes them.

You definitely want to get increased AOE support on it, which increases the radius of the hits but does NOT increase the range in which it can hit. Higher AOE means less potential misses.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

So I got my first build of the season to 70, Arc Witch. It was fun but hell it was squishy, anyone have a good suggestion for a build that can clear easily/wont cause me to melt.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

I'm following this guide almost to the letter and I haven't had any problems with survivability. Granted I'm still only on Act 10, but I've been able to facetank almost every boss so far.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

I wish they'd fix the bug where sometimes I have a temple ready, talk to Alva in my hideout and she's like "who the hell are you?"

Time travel can be a little confusing OK?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In the first two fights against Izaro, take out all the things he has with him (gargoyles, skeletons, pylons, etc). Anything you don't kill in those fights will be carried forward to the final encounter, so killing them early makes that a lot easier. You can get an extra treasure coffer for leaving them alive, but it's not really worth the effort for the low level labyrinths.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

They really need to get that guy who did the narration in Darkest Dungeon to do the same for PoE, goddamn.

The Caretaker and Izaro get in a shouting match.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I was the same way about trading until I tried it and realized that there's literally no "conversation" or any kind of socializing expected. This is what you do:

1) Ctrl-V the message your trade site gives you into chat
2) Click yes when the popup appears to join a party
3) Go to their hideout (they will already be there at this point)
4) Click yes when the popup appears for a trade request
5) Put your poo poo in the trade and click trade

It's like interacting with a bot. The only time you'll ever get a message back is when they say "ty" after the trade is over, or the rare case where they ask you to wait two minutes while they finish something.

You forgot the part where you have to repeat 1) until you find someone that is actually online and at their keyboard and doesn't just ignore you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr. Despair posted:

Sometimes I wonder how the people who can't handle trading in game manage to go to the store to buy food

Welp I was going to buy some bread at the grocery store but I couldn't find any with the right sockets :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tiny Bug Child posted:

It may be a dick move, but it works. I put everything in 1c buyout quad tabs without even looking at it; if I'm immediately flooded with whispers I know I have something worthwhile and I go figure out a real price. Whenever someone wants to buy something that's been in there for a while I do a quick check to make sure it's not worth more than 5c or so before selling it. If you don't like it, uh, get GGG to implement a real trading system I guess

I accidentally did this with a pair of Tombfists with two abyssal sockets this league, fortunately I actually had people whispering me with reasonable offers instead of trying to take advantage of my stupidity :shobon:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

gently caress the cart

Buddy, the won't even let me gently caress it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I want the old D2-style poison clouds :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is a really good guide for self-cast arc: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I always pick up every currency. Hail Satan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Toxic Rain is really dang good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lamentable dustman posted:

the age old question of big dick it or sell it?

:rip:

I got one today, sold it for 1 ex 15 c 0 regrets.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really like Herald of Agony, but I keep instinctively trying to attack my bug bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I asked in guild chat and everyone told me to sell it :shrug: