Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Elentor posted:

Here's a gif of Tyrael.

what mtx setup is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I inclined to try this with with berserker in order to take advantage of ball lightnings lots of little hits in a short time and VP with 100% leech. I know dbk did a ball lightning build a few leagues ago and I want to pick his brain about it.

I am an idiot and can never get decent numbers in path of building, i feel like it would be strong but I am too dumb to configure everything correctly.

Edit: Hey blazer, what do you think about only having 1 guild stash tab for active gems and 1 for supports instead of 3 of each for each color? with the vendor in act 3 it seems like we could do something better with that space.

implying all those gems would stay there and not be all taken by one person in a day. lmao

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whypick1 posted:

There's a countdown on their website

Used to use Procurement, but it seems almost pointless now with Public stash tabs being a thing.

acquisition is nice if you're like me and have 60 tabs and dont feel like looking at each one for something.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can I get an invite on New_League_Item_HMMMMMMMMMMM

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LMAO

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 8, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ougher posted:

Where is my whale fast lane? :smugdog:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
love my weak auras. Icon by itself is arcane surge buff

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

megalodong posted:

MercuryTrade reading from the chatlog for buff notifications?

nah reads key presses, so its a bit janky cause you can trigger it even if you dont have flask charges to use but hit the buttons. still really nice though

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I'm playing Frostbolt Totems and took that passive which grants an Additional Totem but makes it so you can't deal damage with skills directly.

This means I can basically only do the "Kill the Target in the time limit" and "kill all the guards" Vorici quests.

Is there anything I can do, other than rolling an alt who has more "control" over what gets killed?

did leave them low hp for 8 seconds the other day as your spec. Just gotta kill them softly with one totem till the timer procs then run away. Also had one for kill them while leaving at least one guard alive, you just need to bait the guards away and then go in and kill the person or bait the person from the g uards.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hemick posted:

Is there a goon global chat channel numbe for nerds outside of the goon guild?

If not, we need to make one, and we need to make it 12250, because I II II L

you want to be in a chat with everyone linking new poo poo saying hmmmmmm

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

anyone have any luck farming for vaal side areas lately? My old standbuys don't seem to work.

are you trying to do the challenge? just buy the prophecy and go to the zone the wiki says the bosses vaal side area spawns in that zone.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

Froze my game for like 5 seconds lol

marvel heroes 2.0

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

The Reddit is mostly people complaining about bring banned right now after leveling up. Stay tuned to see if it was a real ban wave or a hilarious gently caress up!

is that supposed to say being?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sxtib/ggg_for_the_love_of_god_vacuum_pick_up_please/

Which goon was this? Dumb idea. Part of deciding what to pick up is a skill.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 11, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Can you clarify if you're making fun of POEs terrible NO gently caress YOU DAD DIABLO playerbase or if you genuinely think clicking on two scrolls of wisdom is a skill lol

lol if you pick up scrolls of wisdom past the first day

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I don't really care just Jesus Christ why are you linking harmless QOL threads from Reddit and reposting the shittiest responses here

wanted to know which diablo goon it was

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

i've actually got the prophecy that gives you a vaal orb for killing a rare in a vaal zone but i haven't been able to find a loving vaal zone

put a vaal fragment in the map and go into that vaal zone?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I thought ex went up to like 60-70c?

people want breach items and lv8 zana = 2 breaches for 5c. So expect them to stay normal levels.

Is the trade api fixed? Trying to buy maps on saturday and i spammed 20 people all saying sold. Quite annoying.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nerox posted:

Are you using poeapp.com or poe.trade? poe.trade has been a horrible mess thats lagged behind all season.

poe.trade because it has a non retard interface

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
when you're on your 900th map and zana goes "still sane exile?"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

For everyone who was hesitant/complaining about not starting a Baron SRS build because Baron is too expensive, RaizQT was just the first person to hit lvl 100 in SSF HC with Baron SRS, without having found a Baron.

E: all his gear is trash except for the worthless chest he 6led himself and his claw from Chimera. His jewels are incredibly bad (7% life + 2 useless stats).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RaizQT/characters

or play the game for more then a minute and you'll accumulate 4ex

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kild posted:

why are they like 10c+

they have like 3k life or less I'm sure

power creep

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Fusings are expensive right now so you're probably better off buying things linked than linking them yourself until endgame.

unlesss it's a rare with insane stats its almost never worth it to link something yourself. Just buy it 6 linked.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Same, which is why I mentioned earlier that I'd like in-game function equivalent to poe.trade.

Not sure I'm all on board with all the taxation and ~le scammer protection~.

i too think its good for a game to poo poo on its new player base as soon as it can.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Imagine how awesome it will be when GGG will set prices for every item and/or starts moderating trades based on popular perception of "scam".

New players should be taught, not spoon-fed their way into a hugbox in a game that tries to be all about "freedom" and "hardcore experience".

why do you think its okay that someone SHOULD NOT use in game services to do trading? A new player who wants to trade is going to go to trade chat and be super ripped off. Just lol if you're okay with this. I'm not even talking about price fixing or scamming on 3rd party sites. How about they fix it so I don't need to use 3rd party tools to trade in their game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fixit posted:

So thanks to everyone who helped me gear out my SRS. I re-rolled the staff and got the Grip of Council gloves. I'm sitting at 21k dps per head with lvl 19 gems and no quality. Pretty much satisfied because any more upgrades would cost way more than I want to put in, a Kaom's plate and Baron helmet.

Now for the next build!

What builds are out there that does A LOT of dmg and are great for mapping and bosses. My goal is to be able to do Uber Atziri and Shaper/4 bosses. Raider/Pathfinder seem really strong ascendancy classes.

Budget wise would like something reasonable but I understand in order to get a ton of damage I need to invest in it.

Thanks!

barons not expensive. And you'll need gear totaling what that costs to do uber or shaper unless you have reflexes like a god.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

here are some temp chains curse aura pylons and a bunch of spinning blade things between you and the golden key have fun

Have you thought about getting good?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

dark pact is pretty drat fast lol

except its just a diff mtx BF ResidentSleeper

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

There's no actual penalties for partying, though each player only adds 50% more loot drops so you'll get less per person per map (which is not really a penalty if you're friends and sharing loot that's valuable to eachother). The real reason people don't party together in the goon guild is we're all antisocial fucks, and most of the people in the guild who do party play with their friends from outside the guild.

to add onto this there are builds that are detrimental to being in a party with someone else(EE, fighting over who does what curse). Or they slow down the other person because your build isn't powerful enough to overcome the increased hp of mobs/bosses. And the fact this is a loot game most people don't want to take the chance the exalt that drops goes to the other player. They really need to incentivize partying more besides "lol necro". I think it would definitely help burn out.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Apple Craft posted:

I spend $20 or $30 every expansion or so. That's a low cost to me and I feel good supporting GGG in some way. Those other guys probably feel the same way with their $400+ tier rewards.

Also, remember that player-made unique items cost $1000 each to create.

It's a beautiful world.

the fact it supports the company is null for me and simply a by product. I buy the 400 dollar packs cause the armor looks amazing and I gotta have it. I'm a broken person.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

leaving screen shake on in tyool 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shayl posted:

Is it pretty normal for a person to get stuck on a certain tier of maps because they don't drop? I haven't been able to get anything above tier 8. Maybe I just need to run more maps and that's just how it is.

buy the higher tier if you need to. or use one of the orbs to make your tier 8 turn into a 9. but yes bad luck streaks can happen. Just keep filling out more of the atlas and that bad rng will be less of a thing in regards to maps. Make sure you're going for pack size if possible.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
the only issue with buying maps is when you have to spam whisper 10 people and they all say sold. Doesn't always happen but can. One night I just gave up and ran some more maps connected to the one I was trying to buy.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mondian posted:

Right between Chaos and Exalted.

Speaking of which, Exalted keep tanking, should I just liquidate them before I've lost too much? Also, any solid answers on why they're tanking so hard?

zana has good mods this league, lv7 is nemesis(head hunterr) level 8 is breech.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075/page/1

The guide I'm using for qotf pathfinder wander. gotta go fast zoom zoom

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

animatorZed posted:

Sometimes?

Incidentally, not sure how to price that. Damage doesn't seem great and its a mace.

w/e the price of a divine is

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nightwisher posted:

I DID IT

I loving DID IT

I TOPPED THE 75ex HELM

vaal it or no balls

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

wow, you're stupid lol

i did none of what he said and i too think harbinger is awful. I hope they change up the atlas enough in the next patch.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

PotatoManJack posted:

This is probably common sense to most players running maps, but I had a bit of an epiphany last night. Rather than doing a single map, then identifying loot, selling loot, organising maps, etc. I go to my stash, drop everything in my inventory into the first tab (labeled dump) and then jump straight into the next map. I do this until my dump tab is full and then I mass identify and sell/organise everything.

As I said, it's probably common sense to most, but it was a break through for me, and the increase in my currency generation is probably 3 fold.

Also, having just bought the premium stash tabs bundle, having a 1 chaos b/o tab is fantastic to chuck in rares that may be worth something.

i started to do this then i stopped because i would just keep filling up a new tab not wanting to spend 10-15 mins to empty out the dump tab.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Devor posted:

Just a public service reminder that if you list an item for sale and get a whisper very quickly - wait a few moments to see if you get a bunch more whispers. These are people automating their own searches on the Trade API to find underpriced items, and frontrun them before they show on poe.trade

I listed an okay ring for 1 Chaos, and got 5-6 messages, checked poe.trade for equivalents, and got 20C after relisting and waiting half an hour.

It's sort of a tragedy of the commons - if all the relisters played it cooler, they could grab a lot more of those cheap rings without setting off the :siren:GOOD LOOT ALARM:siren:. But no one wants to be the last person to whisper a dumb idiot like me, so I get tons of people whispering instantly

theres plenty of idiots who will sell it to you if you whisper first and instantly after putting it into their sell tab that it doesn't matter. I was buying agnerod staffs a few leagues ago for 4c cheaper then the normal price all day. And this was from people I'd instantly whisper the second my scanner showed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TouchToneDialing posted:

Anyone with level 8 masters on Harbringer able to help me craft a +3 gem fire staff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC164oFaSJY

I have all the currency just need someone to help with the masters.

if you cant find someone, add jxbb to your flist, they are a pubby i use every league since the past 5. She only takes tips so pay what you want and never scammed.