Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Do you guys have any suggestions for duo builds? Or like what kind of concept of builds work well in pairs? Friend and I are eagerly looking forward to the new expac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I saw this item linked somewhere.

God drat it's like a moon bender's on CO_CA_EENNNN

Would be amazing for my phys -> ele conversion blade flurry ascendant build

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
is shaper easier solo?

we tried as 2 juggs and a PPVD and got killed :[

those telegraphs were hard for me to see in time because of all the poo poo the PPVD guy was making and i ended up running out of potions and dying at like 50%

my gear is ok http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/razzle/characters?characterName=razz_buys_mtx

end life ends up being kinda low, like 5.8k atm POB says I do about 130k dps

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

TheRat posted:

That's going to make shaper very difficult. You probably want 3-400k to make shaper somewhat smooth.

I don't know where to pick up more damage. Is my gem selection bad? Is Sunder just low damage in general? My next thought would be jewels, and maybe passive tree but I thought my passive choices were pretty standard for a 2h axe build

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Any other summoners have ideas on what to use for weapons/shields?

I'm playing hardcore and I've gone life/es hybrid with a current stat line of 4.5k life and 1.3k es. I have a belly of the beast I'm trying to 6 soc and link but no luck on either front yet so it's just in my stash for now.

I want to start using dark pact as my damage ability but I am having a hard time finding any viable options for it. Breath of the council is too expensive right now (30c) and nothing else really looks good, anything I'm missing?

Right now I'm just using a rare res/life archon kite + reverb rod and using crappy SRS

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Are there any uniques that are useful for a Freezing Pulse totem build? The guide I'm using requires buying nothing beyond a second copy of the FP threshold jewel, but I'm curious if there are some uniques I could look into.

Karui ward is pretty good for helping you hit your projectile speed soft cap (you want like 60% so they'll fire across the entire screen) and has some nice damage boost for them. That's pretty much it. During Flashback league I used The Dark Seer as a nice little budget option for getting spell damage, blind % and mana + hp on a weapon. But now they nerfed it and it only gives mana on kill. :(

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I wish they would re-do multistrike into a cone in the direction you're aiming but IDK maybe some people like the 180 spin attacks when you're fighting a boss and there's a dumb trash monster behind you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
When i'm trying to determine pob DPS for choosing upgrades for tornado shot do I need to do the maths too?

So right now I'm a champion using a 6L tornado shot with Tshot - added cold - added lightning - GMP - Mirage Archer - elemental damage with weapons

I have Death's Opus as my main bow. It says my tornado shot does 4400 DPS with that bow, do I multiply that by how many arrows it shoots?

The other upgrade candidates are Lioneye's Glare (very cheap) which puts me at 6600 dps and then Doomfletch's Prism (kinda exp, 20c on hc) which puts me at 8000