Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

KoldPT posted:

I wanna roll with a totem guy this season. My friends told me to level with Fire Totem and then switch to something else - what's the most fun? Warchief?

I honestly kind of like Righteous Fire totems. The build should be super cheap, since you don't need any good items at all to start out and you can get pretty strong if you invest some currency later on.

You could level with firestorm totems I guess, but I don't really see the point. Just using 2h Sunder or something will probably be faster and you can switch to totems as soon as you get an Inc AoE gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Elentor posted:

He means that a PUBG streamer talking good about PoE means that a shitload of people will play PoE.

There are actually a bunch of bigger streamers planning to play. Lirik alone has ~30k viewers each time he streams. That would be a ton of people who normally know nothing about PoE being exposed to the game.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I'm kind of considering switching my starting build to Baron SRS. Is Baron cheap during the first days of the league?
No idea how easy SRS leveling is without the helmet.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Leveling with SRS is easy and the baron won't be too useful until you stack a bunch of strength anyways. No idea what its price will be like since it seems fairly popular, but also not too rare.

Ok, guess I'll try out my first summoner then :)

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Ah nice, didn't know about the helmet recipe. Should be pretty smooth leveling then. After that upgrading to Baron for the +2 should help, until I get a 5L/6L.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Jester Mcgee posted:

I'm interested in doing warchief totems, but on the official forums it looks like the only option is to go Facebreakers? The other build guide says it's dead in 3.0 because it relied too much on double dipping poison and bleed. Is that actually the case or is he being a whiny baby?

I played that build 2 leagues ago and most of the damage was from poison and bleed. The bleed from Disfavour is gone, since you don't attack with the weapon and poison was nerfed. I really wouldn't play that exact build.

Maybe there are other weapon-based builds for it, but that specific one is dead.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Remembered another link for OP, https://github.com/Exslims/MercuryTrade is a tool similar to PoE Trade Companion thing.

I think that has been abandoned. Their update servers are down. No idea if it still works fine for 3.0. You should probably use Trade Companion though.

Also if anybody downloaded NeverSink's filter before 5 minutes ago, you need to redownload it. There was a bug that has been fixed in version 5.0.1.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Despair posted:

patching servers back up with a new ~440 mb update.

e. 4051 in the login queue

That update wasn't on steam right? I'm in at 1800 and really don't want to restart the game.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

No, there's no MTX for Warchief

That's not entirely true. The totem "wears" the same weapon as you, so if you have some fancy weapon mtx like radiant blade, the totem will also wield a glowing sword.

Better than nothing I guess.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Support for back to me about MercuryTrade:

I very much doubt, that they will allow it, but I very much doubt they could detect it right now, since it doesn't interact with the game at all.

Eezee fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 7, 2017

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

What do you guys use as your t14 maps? Don't have any completed right now, but that seems dumb, since I would probably get more t15s of I ran them.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

If you have a Tabula, just level as DP. Use Warlord's Mark and a Life Leech Gem as long as it's needed, but I didn't have any problems after level 40, besides having to fill up flasks during Act bosses once or twice.

My experience was that DP didn't feel great until I hit 6k HP, but my charcter is Non-crit Iron Will, so your experience may vary.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Probably not, but with those rolls that's still 10c or so.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

West007 posted:

Alright friends. I'm playing my 2nd ever character this league (my first was back in Perandus). I'm playing a sunder berserker built according to https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-EjtOJLOtsa-xJmm-rjWwAe1KC9u4JCuPbiZuK7ADY/preview#heading=h.moz2x9f7iyhx.
Right now I'm level 85 clearing tier 6-8 maps without any issues. Filling up my atlas doing the bonus once for each unique map I get. I'm kinda feeling lack of progression I guess? Still missing one trial to get uber lab done. This is my character right now, current hp is ~5300 with capped resists https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

Skill point wise I plan to take the +1 frenzy charge and gem socket down near duelist start and fill up scion hp wheel if I need more life.

Here are my questions, how do I go about progressing my character further? Which pieces do I start replacing and how do I tell where the cap for my character is content wise?

Right now I feel my biggest weaknesses are chest piece - I bought a whie 5 link and used an essence. Turned out pretty well. Do I need a 6 link now, or can it wait?
Second is my necklace which I keep because of int and dex that allow me to use my blue/green gems.

TLDR I'm new and dont know how to progress my character further and what to look out for.

Switch Leap Slam for Whirling Blades and put either Blood Magic if you run out of mana or a quality Culling Strike as your 4th slot. Leap Slam isn't really a great movement skill imho.

Get some boots with a proper life roll. Switch you rings and amulet for something that also gives you flat physical damage on them if you can afford it. Steel Rings would probably be the best. They should also have a lot more life than yours have right now.

After that it's probably time for a 6l. If you don't feel super lucky or don't have tons of currency just buy a 6l base and then craft it with essences. You could even use Emperor of Purity to get a 6l if you are very poor. It will have terrible armor and rolls besides the life from the essence, but it should boost your damage by a lot and only costs ~20 chaos to get all the cards.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

does this mean running labs with vaal pact

Use the unique marble amulet that gives 100% increased life from flasks and it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

nerox posted:

The other day I gave away all my stuff thinking I was done with the league and going to play the new xcom expansion. I couldn't get into xcom and the siren song of PoE is calling me back. Since I am basically starting over, I am going to level up a Dark pact dude that people seem to enjoy this league. I am looking at the forums and seeing a lot of different builds, can anyone recommend me the best one to do?

Iron Will DP is cool and good and has over 10k life.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

ive gotten so wrapped up in poe finance and flipping and ex vs chaos value writing scrapers and snipers i think im gonna have to have a rest lol i shouldn't be this obsessive

my two options are buy a hh with 130 ex and play more hours of harbinger league
or
save 130 ex and not play more harbinger league

i think im gonna settle for #2 lol, harbinger league just sucks so god drat bad

Option #3: Buy me a HH if you have that much spare currency that's just wasting away.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

A good 6 linked QoTF would be my dream. Already 1000 fusings down the drain :shobon:

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

10bux posted:

Yeah, this is by far the best wander build currently. Especially because its good at everything, farming, shaper, uber lab etc. The other builds on the forums suffer at one of those while being really good at the others.

Also, I'm going to throw modesty at the window and say that my tree is better. Here it is Click here for Pathfinder/Raider Wander

The dude even admitted it in PMs. Also you should use lycosidae until you can afford super end game gear, or you just wanna go fast for farming or labs or whatever. But lycosidae basically does more deeps then even the best shields, AND saves you money elsewhere by not need those pesky accuracy rolls.

Honestly I would skip Lycosidae. My equip is still total poo poo and you can until you do Guardians you don't really feel the need to do more damage. More life, resists and movement speed even from a middling EV shield is overall a better choice imho.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Yeah, I got this for 8c I think: .

It only gets expensive if you also want attack speed on there. Some proper rings, belt and Gripped gloves will help a lot more with damage and with the added life and res from the shield they don't have to be that expensive.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Despair posted:

Build feels amazing doing red maps now, just needs that next step to make the end game bosses die before my flasks run out really. Any thing else i'm missing?

Vaal Breach isn't that expensive anymore and if you are using Esh's Mirror should help melt pretty much all bosses.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

With that budget he can also afford a 6l and a +2 barrage Lion Pelt.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

eh, too late

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Much cooler thanks to Mtx. Not as good unless you get super good gear though.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Why don't you just make your fort stricter if you spend that much time sorting? I spend maybe 20s after a map identifying and looking at the couple of items that I actually loot and price them later of they are not garbage., everything else gets vendored. I don't think I spend more than 30s in my hideout between maps if I'm chaining them.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

The fix to that is not dying.

Ciaphas posted:

Any thoughts on where I should go next on the passive tree for my wandfinder CiaphasAltNumberNine? I only have 4.3k HP at 86 (a touch more if I swap out Bisco's), which is abysmal on the face of it, but seems to be enough with all the evasion I have, and VP, and the 'kill them first' philosophy that that enables. Not a lot of readily accessible life left in the next few levels, anyway.

Also, still wearing 5L QotF. Thinking my next job is to pursue a 6L. Should I throw more of my own fusings at the task, or save and buy one already linked?

Just steal dbk's tree. All the cool kids do it.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Does it still work well without poison?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

whalestory posted:

Thanks so much interrodactyl... you will always be in my heart

edit: What's the big deal about atziri's step? if the acro/phase acro nodes arent worth it, would i also be better off skipping the spell dodge on atziri's step and going for just any old rare life/resist boots?

Spell dodge is fine, the question is if you really want to spend 4 points on it. Using the boots doesn't cost you anything besides a few resists that you can easily grab somewhere else and they have great evasion for Qotf.

Edit: Maybe i should actually read the last page before posting.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Delirium-ed Gloves to turn RF into a 5L, you should check if a Kaoms Heart will increase dps over your belly, get a 6L belly to turn RF into a real 5L (but is insanely expensive compared to the gloves), get a real 4L for SR and use a decoy totem (questionable imo), Fire Damage Opal Rings and high roll https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu_Tiki aka MMMMMMONEY

I would use essence of horror on your helmet instead. That way you can use Insanity on your gloves with shield charge.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

I guess that's true. Still shouldn't try to roll for that attack speed with a Delirium though.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Don't pick up transmutes vor scraps. Also don't do the chisel recipe unless you are really poor.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

really enjoying reading the posts of people who
-dont follow guides then have to restart
-dont use lootfilters despite them being basically requried
-pick up wisdom scrolls
-pick up armorer orbs
-do the chaos recipe a month into the league
-do the chisel recipe a month into the league

no
no
no
no
no
no

To be fair, I still do super dumb poo poo after 800 hours into the game. Just the other day I noticed, that completely hosed my damage by using both Fork and Pierce and projectiles never actually forking, but still applying the 30% less damage.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Since everyone is using Bisco's anyway, just use that unique Marble amulet while in lab and take a single life flask.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Is the cool voided race starting today or just the lame one?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.pathofexile.com/war

Everything not specifically in the Abyss league will be in standard.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

queeb posted:

gently caress it, going bog standard DW slayer sunder to start the league with, farm some uber lab asap to get some monies.

Same. Last league I played something that needed too much currency as my first char and got pretty annoyed. Sunder Slayer shouldn't have that problem.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Didn't want to finish that Lab anyway :(

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

silvergoose posted:

I know...

Any answer about the supporter packs?

There are probably Abyss packs in a week or so if none of the current ones strike your fancy.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Buy supporter packs for armor mtx and spend all points on skill effects. Some skills like ST really need their mtx so they feel satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

I got like $80 worth of coins a few years back with a purchase of a GTX card, which makes it kinda bullshit that all these packs can only be bought with real money... they should offer some without included coins that I can buy with coins I have. GGG already got paid for these, after all.

Letting people buy packs with coins would be very stupid if GGG. You could just buy the 50$ pack once and get 450 points and then charge up another 50 coins to buy the next 50$ pack next league.