Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Awesome! posted:

when ziggyd went to visit ggg chris said they had a trading change planned but it wasnt a super big thing and he stressed repeatedly that it wasnt the only thing they were working on. anyone remember that? what did it end up being?

Siosa selling gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

psy.Che posted:

As somebody working in IT, it really baffles the gently caress out of me how this kind of thing is still happening in 2017. Just use any big cloud vendor (AWS, MS Azure,...), make repeated large scale perf tests beforehand, have their support on stand by and hugely oversize your resources at first cause it's incredibly easy to reduce them if need be.

For many systems that are extremely complex, as I imagine PoE is, bottlenecks are non-obvious and you can't test for every single case before it happens.

"Throw more boxes at the problem" is a very expensive idea that often fails to address the actual root cause.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Vasudus posted:

...getting GRRBBB on a 160 dex requirement QotF is 162 attempts of 1R1B for ~2400 chromatics. Swapping out Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks using 1B is 78 attempts for 312 chromatics.

I might just end up using a Carcass Jack and calling it a day.

Use the vorici jewellers trick

I just rolled GRBBBB on my qotf for 580 jewellers so believe in your RNG

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

zxqv8 posted:

Wouldn't the jeweler trick for 6 sockets be incredibly expensive?

Also wouldn't it break links?

Vasudus posted:

I could do the Vorici socket trick it's true. Then I have to 6L it though.

I'll have to see how a 5L QotF plays before I settle on a chest. If that extra movespeed is as good as it sounds for CD I'll have to make it work.

i started with a 3 socket qotf so it could only go up from there

580 jewellers = 58c, which ~1.1ex

now i gotta spam fusings and believe in the RNG gods

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Vasudus posted:

Ok, I figured out my solution.

Get a QotF, make it 4L, put my grandpa totem in there. Use Thunderfists and put my CD setup in there for a 5L. Get a better QotF in the future, make it 5-off, 6L it later.

don't be a baby

man up

5off 6l TONIGHT

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Last league, I grinded up enough money for the first time to buy Skyforth at ~30ex.

It's currently 7ex. I'm now spending my chance orbs on glorious plates.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What's the fastest clear speed build these days? I need something to do after I make enough money running lab.

I'll never get to play vaal fireball again but what comes closest? I have a pretty good theorycraft zerker dark pact but I want to know what's fastest.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Carries, chests, enchants. The usual?

BV Pathfinder full key runs.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

NecroMonster posted:

aah. Ok.

I'm pretty money making incompetent in this game. used to mostly just run docks and do chaos recipe. First time i really mapped was the league before the atlas stuff and I ain't played since.

If you run high tier maps you will inevitably make money. You can exploit market inefficiencies to make more money (e.g. people hate running lab) but it's basically impossible to not make currency if you just play the game.

Unless you have specific goals like getting a headhunter just run maps and enioy yourself.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AggressivelyStupid posted:

is this the thing that goes fast

you want my build for the thing that goes fast

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffPathfinder

queen of the forest blade vortex lab runner

weapon swap is important here

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i don't like cutedog out of principle, but yeah that build seems pretty neat. Not really a fan of requiring a very specific rarely used chestpiece as opposed to shavs or belly though. Discharge also feels real weird.

that's what I'm thinking but I'm not sure if you can still sustain being alive with mf gear

the real answer might be dark pact
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548

I'm actually considering both of these builds once I finish running 100 uber labs. The only requirements are that it has good clearspeed to T13 and that it shatters things, because that's the most satisfying combat sound in PoE. Autoherald sounds nice and relaxing though, but I don't want to buy Vaal Breach to kill bosses.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Awesome! posted:

lol i didnt realize vaal breach was so expensive

i would just skip bosses over paying double digit ex to still barely be able do t6 ones

you can only get vaal breach by vaaling portal gems or getting insanely lucky in vaal side areas

so yeah, vaaling 200 portals does not sound like a fun time to me

e: for some content, i have a path of building sketched out really similar to that dark pact clearspeed build with a few changes

- wear both bisco's collar/leash
- my passive tree slots in 1 inspired learning near the shadow area, getting +1 frenzy +1 power charge, and some more life, in exchange for 2 jewel slots
- i run doedre's elixir with at least -40% chaos res to take savage hits and get charges (saves me from using intuitive leap if i can run another inspired learning)
- in case charge generation is inconsistent, i'm also running herald of thunder - curse on hit - assassin's mark instead of his CWDT setup

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 16, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Bob NewSCART posted:

Have there been any really good storm burst builds made? That skill looks awesome

No because that skill sucks

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

euphronius posted:

Avatar of fire is not far away to replace the amulet.

Do this regardless so you can wear the real best amulet

Biscos

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I'm leveling my clearspeed DP Zerker, and trying to fit in at least 2 inspired learnings. I have the first one slotted, but any idea where I could place the second and still have semi-useful nodes?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffDarkPact

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Lunsku posted:

Newbie question: how do you actually get map to have mod smorgasbord like this?

If you use an orb of alchemy on a map it'll turn it rare, so that can roll a number of mods

If you vaal it and get lucky, you can get up to 8 mods

Then if you add sextants to the atlas on maps around the map location, you can add even more mods

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Please don't boot me I'm just on a business trip for 2 more days :smith:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
So my super expensive build this league has been Ele Wander, which is completely off-meta and has never been done before"

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=pleasebuffwanders

I still have ~1400C to spend, and plan to take the character to 93-ish. Mapping is fine; I get to hear a ton of shatter sounds and see Vaal Power Siphon lag my entire screen for 20 years. Wise Oak is always up so resists aren't an issue. So, some questions on what's left to upgrade.

Passives:
- I will respec from Heart of Oak; I can grab 8% life + 16% evasion from the Revenge of the Hunted Cluster, and I believe it's more movespeed anyway with QoTF
- Finish the wand crit / multi cluster
- Ideally I'd like to add another jewel slot, but I'd go out to the Golem's Blood cluster if I wanted to do that, and 15% life is hard to pass up. I do have the money for an expensive jewel, though.

Gems:
- Now that I'm running Ice Bite on KB for frenzy generation, I'm thinking of replacing Blood Rage and Ice Golem to just run Empower 4 / Enlighten 4 on Wrath. Ice Golem dies too much and Blood Rage sucks to play with as VP.
- 21/20 everything.

Items:
- I have a much higher life / evasion shield I can swap in for T16/Shaper, but I still need a GG amulet. I assume the go to stats are some combo of: life, accuracy, lightning dmg, crit, multi, and % ele?
- I could buy GG opal rings, but it never seems worth the additional cost (and I don't want to re-fix my resists).
- Is Wise Oak the best flask for bossing? I was thinking about replacing it but the penetration makes a huge difference.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Can anybody with experience playing a ele wanderfinder point me in the direction of a good build guide or give me some general tips? The build guide I'm looking at right now is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1906135/page/1 but since I know nothing about playing a wander, was wondering if there was a better one.

I wouldn't use that. I assume his 1ex was at standard/legacy rates (~80-100c toward the end of the league), and it hasn't really been updated it looks like. It really depends on how much money you have to spend (see my post a few above yours for some decked out gear), and what your goals are. Wanders are pretty flexible because barrage and kinetic blast do so much damage from just added damage from gems and auras.

Wanders are also really meta right now so things are going to be pretty drat expensive. If you don't have currency, scion is much easier to start with (~200c will get you in decent shape), but pathfinder scales way better late because flasks are broken as poo poo. For reference, my character is wearing probably 35ex of gear and I could easily pour another 30ex in before it before it would be done. The cool thing is that you can definitely feel every upgrade you put into the character.

e: Note I do not actually recommend doing scion wander but if you're determined and you don't have poo poo for money you can use mathil's guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy2KsELejwc

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 28, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Thanks for the info. I've got a good amount of pathfinder gear and a few of the more expensive flasks already along with about 250c so I'd like to do a pathfinder build. I haven't been able to find any good guides for one, though. Any ideas?

I just started leveling a ranger using this wander leveling guide by Mathil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN74j6jE9V0 but he's a scion in it and he recommends using a volley fire jewel which i don't know where to put early on a ranger tree.

Holyshoot posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075/page/1

The guide I'm using for qotf pathfinder wander. gotta go fast zoom zoom

that guide is a good start but i'd also suggest looking into esh's mirror and a vaal power siphon setup for really fast clear. the guide is optimized for endgame boss killing with safety (good goals) but you can level much faster with a clearspeed setup, and you'll still melt t15 bosses because barrage is stupid.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Can you elaborate on what you mean with esh's mirror and vaal power siphon?

I also just found this guide which is a general wander guide and looks very helpful: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1979794 Only thing is I question whether his assessment that raider is better than pathfinder is true. If he's right though thats interesting and scion looks like a viable candidate too.

With esh's mirror, every mob you kill in the last 4 seconds adds lightning damage to your attacks, and with how fast a qotf wander clears, this can stack up to be huge numbers. You're also staking souls for a 4L Vaal Power Siphon, and with enough crit and chain, you can obliterate 3 screens worth of trash mobs, which adds more damage to esh's mirror and recharges VPS, which means you can run to the next pack and keep spamming VPS with good positioning. If you ever played vaal spark, it clears at that level of speed and makes headhunter/inspired learning more worth. Even if you don't go balls to the wall with it, it's still a nice clearspeed/DPS increase for very little investment. When you want to switch to boss killing just pop in orb of storms / power charge on crit / curse on hit / projectile weakness.

Raider might have higher peak DPS but that's under absolute ideal conditions. Realistically, Pathfinder will be a billion times smoother and will let you turn on the gas at will. It's not like you need the extra damage for KB or Barrage, so I don't see the benefit of going raider.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I could see a version that takes every frenzy charge and like 100% life being better DPS wise but there's no way otherwise

As a wander you have plenty of damage to kill things from just wrath/hoi/added lightning/penetration. Everything is doable with a Piscator so you don't even need an insane wand. So it's really about how much defense you can stack comfortably without losing DPS. If you have play money after that then buy insane gear. The nice thing is that wander scaling means every expensive item you buy, you can feel the impact.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Flavahbeast posted:

engineers orbs work like other +quality stuff: they'll give +5% to normal rarity, +2% to magic rarity and +1% to rare/unique strongboxes. As far as I know the only way to use them effectively is to use them on diviner's, high level cartographers and maybe arcanist's strongboxes.

If there are mods on the box scour it (unless the mods are already really good,) then use 4 engineers orbs, then orb of alchemy, then maybe chaos if it's a div or cartographer box and the first mod roll sucked

Transmute alt/aug regal instead; wtf​ are you gonna do with your 500 alts anyway

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

J posted:

Ele wander questions:

1) Right now I've got piscator's and lycosidae as per that one guide that was floating around. When I make the switch to esh's mirror, do I need any accuracy on gear? What accuracy nodes on the tree should I have before switching?
2) Do I use the vorici trick to get a 5 offcolor queen of the forest or does everyone just use chroms to do it?
3) How do you go about figuring out your next upgrade in general once you're beyond the basics? Jam everything into pob and let it figure it out? I've got the flasks and tempest's binding (no enchant), now I'm sitting here wondering how the heck I should proceed. I still need a qotf 6linked and colored, still need esh's mirror, still need gripped hysteria gloves over thunderfists I guess? Jewelry is a dumpster fire - are there any crafting tricks to make serviceable jewelry or is it just a matter of buying it? Piscators could use an upgrade...eventually.

1. Piscator has enough accuracy that you don't need Lycosidae, as long as you have some amount on the tree.
2. Yes, Vorici Jeweller trick it.
3. Your #1 priority is getting a 6L. If you can only get 4 off that's fine, but not optimal.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

10bux posted:

Hey goons I need some help with a new build. Wandin has been really fun and really good, but I'm simply out of foreseeable upgrades and the only thing left to do is level to 100 (which im not interested in what so ever).

For whatever reason I simply cannot find a build! The main thing I want from this new build is extremely tanky, and able to do disgustingly hard red maps. The one thing that comes to mind is SRS. I've never played it before and it sounds fun. Since I've been wanding, I'm thinking shield charge is a must, so United in Dream sounds like the way to go. Maybe go with the covenant for my chest? Or shavs lowlife?

Please someone recommend an United in Dream SRS build. My budget is essentially limitless, and I do like expensive things! I could really use a full guide, because like I said, I've never done SRS or any minion build for that matter.

TIA!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/

I ran LL SRS Auramancer with this united in dream setup in 2.6 and it was very good and fun. LL is still viable if you have a shitton of money to get dope gear, and while the damage is slightly worse; it's still pretty drat awesome. Might not be quite as tanky as you want though. Ultimately if you want to do a minion-ish build though, I'd recommend some sort of animate weapon if you have all the currency you need.

(also give me your wander gear)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ciaphas posted:

Think I should sell my Taste of Hate and get a Bisco's (and maybe some Divines)? for my SR MoM Trickster? I can't make up my mind, it's such a valuable flask.

Biscos is worth every chaos. It is the 2nd best item in the game. If your build can wear biscos and isn't doing so then wtf are you doing. If it can't wear biscos then it's a bad build.

Especially with how many alts you roll, this will maximize your gains.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Mr. Despair posted:

If i wanted to put together a hot poo poo wander to poo poo all over guardians and shaper specifically, what's going to do more for my single target action? a +2 barrage rat's nest (or abyssus I guess) and a relatively cheap wand, or a nicer wand and a cheaper +2 hat (rando rare with life or a devotos, probably).

Got a 6l belly with great rolls and about 1000c to spend on the rest of the poo poo if I do it.

unless you're dbk levels of baller, wearing a +2 rare hat will serve you better. also you should buy my wand and use a qotf instead of a belly so you can buy my chest as well.

also, if anyone wants to buy my wander gear, please have a look: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffWanders

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 4, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
DBK where you at

Help me price this thing

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

10bux posted:

Jesus loving christ goons keep finding all my upgrades! I might not be able to afford these though since i Just made a 75 Exalt trade, but hit me up in game. I had to work and sleep last couple days so that hardbinge could flip my 75 exalts into a god drat headhunter. Grats though, both of you.

Also, the Goon POE community is seriously awesome. For those that don't know I bought my barrage tempest from Hardbinge for 2025 Chaos. A full inventory is 600, and we had no problem making the trade. Seriously, all but a few of you are awesome!

i'm not on until late tonight west coast USA time, but i'll be around tomorrow

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

silvergoose posted:

6L qotf...isn't, jesus.

If you're going to buy one, make sure it has good colors! Otherwise you're in a for a world of hurt when you try to re-color it. For BBBBRG (my colors before I sold the chest), vorici average with 3B is just under 4200 chromes.

If you can't afford 5 off color, 4 off is enough to get by. With how hosed up the economy is this league, I think you're better off just buying a 6L unless you believe in your RNG really hard.

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks a lot! This gives me a great focus to start working on. I may also blow some respec points moving toward the tree you posted, mine is probably 20r or so off. But I'm only 70, plenty of points to help correct.

One cool thing about the wander is that every exalt I put in made the build feel better and better, so there's a lot of room to grow. If you don't roll a million other alts you can play this for the rest of the league honestly. KB helps a lot because that's an insane skill.

e: You're also only level 70; the build really started to shine around 80 for me, and only got more insane as I got to 90.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 5, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AnonSpore posted:

What's a good budget for a wander look like, I hear wands are stupid expensive

e: If I liquidated all my stuff I'd probably get around 1200~1500c for reference

You can build a decent one for 100-200c: Piscator's, 5L QotF, Lycosidae, Atziri's Step, Dying Sun, w/e rares you want with ideally life/res/aspd.

To go beyond that, each piece of gear starts costing a lot, but you'll really feel the upgrades. The realest answer is to stop playing this game and go practice GG.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Eezee posted:

With that budget he can also afford a 6l and a +2 barrage Lion Pelt.

I misread that as a "budget wander"

Mr. Despair posted:

Was in a beachhead rotation last night with someone who had a 390ish edps wand that he had mirrored (so 1 mirror +35 ex on top) to give you an idea of what you can spend. It was a pimp rear end wand tho.

That was my friend! You can see the wand here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jerkmcgee/characters?charactername=jerkmclost

He ancient orb'd into a headhunter on the 5th try yesterday, traded that and some chaos for a mirror, and then mirrored the wand. He's running the VPS-focused version to hit 100 though, so his setup is a little different.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Also, remove portal scrolls and wisdom scrolls from your drop list. If you need either you can pick up transmutes if it's really necessary and use the vendor recipes to make more.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
On my meatball guy I've swapped to molten strike in my 6L at this point for boss killing.

Cyclone goes in a 4L, which is plenty of damage for mapping, and putting out a billion balls and facetanking bosses is good.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Picer posted:

So my VPS guys is fun, but i kinda feel it's a gimmic. How many regrets and how much gear must i swap to make it a good ele wanderer? Yes, i know my wand isn't that good, barely better than a Piscator, but im working on another, just need the ex for crafting it.

I guess i just do barrage in the 5L, but i still need to do something with the tree i think.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Misterpicer/characters

Give me advice please.

Easy gear fixes:

Swap barrage into your 5L, get a Dying Sun, and you're good enough for T11 maps.

Next gear fixes:

- I would replace Esh's mirror with a Lycosidae or a rare shield if you're balling (need more flat accuracy everywhere though).
- Atziri's Step
- Attack Vinktar
- 6L
- +2 Barrage Helmet
- Better rings

On your tree, get rid of:

- Instability
- Crackling Speed
- That DoT/regen node over coldhearted calculation??? (WTF?)
- +30 int node

Pick up:

- Point Blank
- 2 jewel slots and good jewels

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
you're right about the node i'm bad at clicking

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AnonSpore posted:

Leveling a wander is a huge drag even with a tabula which I didn't know was possible

Either level as ele bow and swap when you're ready, or check out mathil's wand leveling video.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

youre right i was thinking of eo

oh poe youre so wacky

VPS folks which is a bigger help: 6l qotf or 2 barrage proj on a not-tempest binding

Well, +2 barrage does nothing for your VPS, if that's what you're asking.

6L and +2 hat are both roughly 50% more damage for barrage, so take your pick.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Awesome! posted:

someone made a big effort post about crafting wands awhile ago. i need that. i have saved up 400c and feel a burning need to replace this piscators

I made my wand before the wander meta really kicked in and I sold it for 600c in a goon deal. An equally good wand that is worth using over piscator now is over 700c. Upgrade your other poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm thinking of making some kind of elemental attacker that has 100%+ movement speed so probably queen of the forest chest, would I be better served going the fotm wander or some kind of archer with doomfletch or something?

Have you considered dreamfeather qotf spec throw? Raider or Pathfinder, 90% ele conversion.