Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
So with sentinels do you all typically pop it and run around gathering up mobs until it runs out before engaging so you don't waste charges or fight as you go? I've been doing the first method but at the beginning of Act 6 that means I die a lot more. I know I need to up my resist gear a lot but until then I'm pretty squishy.

Using this build because I like how it works: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229740

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I'd been ignoring the ability to buy tabs because I didn't realize I had enough currency to buy several already and gently caress are the currency, flask and gem tabs nice after dealing with the basic tabs.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
So I'm running a fire berserker spectral helix build (this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229740) and it's a lot of fun but I just discovered the "fun" of maps with elemental damage reflection. I'm level 72/3 right now with maxed resists (except chaos) and my damage goes up to 40k+ and any sized pack just causes me to insta-gib myself.

Avatar of Fire my rear end, gently caress those maps.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Seems extremely weird the amount of work they put into the trade website instead of just building a game currency AH directly into the game (or allowing the website to handle the transactions completely).

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I think we might should drop the "H-word" from this thread lest some impressionable new player come along and get the notion it's something they maybe wanna try

I don't think you have to worry about that, the game will convince them otherwise once they've run a few.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I just started playing again and you do this.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Just looked into how much Mageblood is going for now, and lmao no, I'll never be able to afford this:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

an iksar marauder posted:

Ele/physical reflect: entirely countered using a Sibyl’s Lament + any reflect reduction on tree or reflect reduction influence mods. Or by using chaos damage. Or a skill that doesn’t hit. Or roll mirrored on a voidstone. If your build can’t play these maps, reroll your build.

No.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Man I thought the crafting costs of a few guaranteed color sockets was too high until I blew through literally all 250 of my chromatic orbs then another 30 I bought and couldn't get 3 red on a 4 socket piece.

Probably should've done the math.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fister Roboto posted:

Speaking of socket colors, I've always wondered: how are items with no stat requirements weighted? Like Wanderlust, Goldrim, etc. Is it equal weighting for each color, or is it slightly weighted based on the defense type?

Also do items with increased or reduced stat requirements have different weighting?

poemdexter posted:

Definitely weighted by the defense type. ES is blue, Armor is red, Evasion is green.

Holy poo poo, I did not know any of this.

e: I thought it was just equal odds of every color for every socket.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Nothing like trying out and loving up a new build to make you appreciate your old build more. Sunk 10+ hours into a LS Champ and did the crit/claw swap from Spectral Helix too early with not enough crit and ugh it suuuuucks compared to my Spectral Helix berserker.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Jawnycat posted:

So I can never keep track of this stuff, how long does the current league have left in it? Thinking of getting back into the game soonish:tm: now that my net is better and I don't rubberband constantly, but would not like my incredibly slow plodding rear end to start up again when it's close to switchero time.

Use flame dash with cast on hit support to get back some of that rubber banding goodness.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I was thinking that at every stage of that contract, but it was a green contract stuck in my inventory.

Never pick up green contracts or really any contracts, gently caress heist.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Is Awakened Trade still the way to go to get trade prices in game? Tired of tabbing out to search if the unique I found is worth anything or garabage.

Spoiler, they're always garbage.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

whypick1 posted:

Yes.

Also, you probably need to get a better loot filter to at the very least let you show you a unique dropped but isn't worth your time, if not outright hide them.

I'm using the default semi-strict filterblade config right now. I have a unique tab to put this poo poo in and I don't mind collecting the poo poo but of course you can only have one of a given unique in that tab so I also have 2 regular tabs full of duplicate uniques. Probably should upgrade that to strict and/or customize it.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I just now realized unveiling items gives you crafting recipes, I'd been ignoring them this whole time.

Also missed the eater of worlds and searing exarch mods for my gear.

:negative:

Too many loving systems.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
My guy is 90 and I've only spent maybe 3-4ex worth (well 2ex and maybe 300c) on gear so I still had gloves, chest and head with no implicits.

Oni Goroshi spectral helix berserker is pretty cheap and fun.

I am wearing two tone boots that I didn't modify of course, though I've got enough resists now it probably would be fine if I replaced the implicit resists.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Leveling in the 90s sucks balls. I can either have fun and use sentinels and play challenging content and get loot OR I can play safe and grind out a level, not both.

Delve seems the fastest and easiest way to grind out a level with low risk but I'm bored to tears with it, having done that to get to 90.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Here's my char: https://poe.ninja/pob/CP9 / https://pastebin.com/eAxcv4Vi

I'm currently way over capped on basic resists but next level I'll switch out that gem on the right to Thread of Hope, which is is -14% to all resists.

This is the build I'm working towards:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229740
the Oni Goroshi version: https://pastebin.com/cqVqujQ5

I'm broke as poo poo, probably have a decent amount I could sell but sitting on 0 exalt and ~40c right now as I spent what I had to get where I am.

e: and I realize some of my implicits suck, I'm out of the necessary items to reroll for now

e2: and no this is not me asking for money, just saying to keep that in mind for suggestions please

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 25, 2022

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

totalnewbie posted:

I don't know anything about your build so I'm going to try to keep this generic.

First of all, do your uber lab and get your last ascendency.

It looks like you've got 3600 HP which is not enough, I think. I don't know, maybe people who play zerker can tell me I'm wrong but it seems really low.
But what you definitely need to do is improve your chaos resist. It's at -24% and combined with your low HP pool, you're just gonna pop instantly to chaos damage. You want at least 30-40% IMO.

Looking through your gear: Helm: The stats on it aren't terrible. Stun and block recovery is kind of a dead mod but it's otherwise fairly solid.
Chest: Again, not terrible stats but you could really stand to get something better. You've got your 6L in your weapon so you should be able to find either something good and do the sockets yourself or find a corrupted 6L with colours you want that is better.
Gloves: you probably want a natural suppression roll on these instead of the crafted. The max life is also really low. Actually, it kind of just sucks all around. Low life roll, no natural suppression, crappy suffixes..
Boots: These are just awful, sorry. There's two mods that are really doing anything for you and that's suppression and movement speed. You've got crafted evasion/es but you really want life, at least. Your tree scales life, not ES. You don't really care about ES at all.
Amulet: +1 fire is good and the resists are decent. The flat cold is kind of meh and the %ES is, again, not really something you should value. You'd much rather have a life roll there. Much, much rather.
Ring: a 11% fire resist fracture? You can do better than that.. Accuracy is fine and the all resist is pretty good but that's literally it as far as good things about that ring.
Soul tether: you could probably find a corrupted one with decent implicit for not too much? Maybe. Your budget is... low.
Flasks: you have two bleed flasks. You probably want to keep bleed on your life flask and switch your diamond to a useful suffix and craft it with use when full. I see why you have poison on your quicksilver but once you get your chaos resist up to something decent, you should be able to switch that off to something else as well, just like diamond flask.
Gems: quality on your gems are all over the place. At least get 20%. You can level up a gem and once it hits level 20, sell it with 1 GCP to turn it into a level 1/20% gem which you can level again. Do that, at least.
Someone mentioned putting your molten shell on cast when damage taken. That's a good one to have. Better yet, get a vaal molten shell and use vaal molten shell when you feel in danger.
Get skitterbots. Reduce the level of precision so it reserves less mana (precision, clarity, and vitality are a little odd in that they have flat mana reservations instead of % based; a low level gem has less mana reservation).

So one of the things you need to keep in mind is that mod slots are a limited resource for your character. The more efficient you make use of them, the more freedom you have in using them for other things. For example, right now, you're massively overcapped on resistances. That's good, but could you drop some of those resist mods for something that actually helps you? Could you get gear with higher tier resist rolls so you can free up even more mod slots? So you can get, for example, more spell suppression.

an iksar marauder posted:

The chaos res is going to keep you alive when fixed, but as a zerker aficionado I wouldn’t go with less than 4-4.5k life

Thanks for the advice, I've been looking for better boots, gloves and chest in my drops but haven't had any success yet. I guess I should see if I can find some cheap improvements through trade.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I absolutely hate them gating ascendency skills with the lab, the lab sucks balls and I hate it. One of the things I like about this game is I can jump in and play a map in 10-15 minutes and be done and if something interrupts me it's not a huge deal. The lab is the exact opposite of that and I don't find the gauntlet of traps to be fun at all.

Anyway, just wanted to bitch about it, I'll probably just pay for a carry so I can get the points.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Arzachel posted:

Labyrinth is definitely dated but it probably shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes with the poelab cheat sheet

lol, ok.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

whypick1 posted:

I realize most of this thread is in the 3 or 4 digits worth of hours in this game so we haven't been a truly new player in a long long time, but Lab really should not take more than 15 minutes as long as you haven't completely scuffed your character (assuming Izaro doesn't kill you and you have to start over again).

Use POELab, pack some form of life regen (Stone Golem/Vitality/Enduring Cry) and some Quicksilvers to recover from/quickly move through traps, hit up the Darkshrines and mechanic-disabling Trinkers if you think you might need the help against Izaro (one of the Darkshrine boons you can get reduced trap hit and DoT damage throughout the lab, which is quite beneficial). Generally speaking doors are going to be due north of where you entered the area, shrines/trinket chests either due west or northeast.

I'll try some different setups for better regen. Currently my regen is mostly leech based which means I get hosed in trap sections with few or no mobs.

I had no problems in the first 3 levels but uber lab has been a PITA for me.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Hamelekim posted:

Act 2 when you open the seal. You need to go back to act 1 to get the point.

that one god drat quest made me paranoid and I always go back to the last act immediately after finishing one just to check

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

WTFBEES posted:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1559643002171445248

This sounds amazing but the highlight seems invisible?

maybe just make your trade system not suck poo poo instead of adding dumb poo poo to your busted rear end system like this

e: but I know they won't do that so it's a good change, I just wanted to vent

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 17, 2022

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

InventorOfTrees posted:

trade is mostly fine and is the best part of the game

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

victrix posted:

I may do this, thanks

Only variation I'm considering is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvmDib20aVs

Just because I still really want to play Shadow, but if it's just worse than Raider I'll try that

This looks like fun, gonna give this one a shot, thanks.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
You're paying RNG-fest, the game.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
this league finally made me vote on arch nems in the poll

:mad:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I'm in Act 8 and have barely a stack of wisdom scrolls and maybe 3 stacks of portal scrolls. Usually I'm swimming in that poo poo by now and the other currencies are worse. I think I have like 2 alch orbs and I've used all my fusings just 4 linking a few pieces of gear.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Deki posted:

I can't tell if it's just because I did a bunch of lakes while levelling or what but I crossed the finish line with like 20 alchs and that's with spending a bunch on trying to roll minion wands/shields when I ran out of Minion essences.

I've done every lake available while levelling and still have poo poo for currency. I do have a decent amount of essences though. Though usually there's 1 out of the 3 essence mobs that either insta gibs me or is basically unkillable.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Seems like they put zero thought into how nerfing overall drop rates would impact currency (and selling gear for currency) and map drop rates and just focused on "well what if less but higher quality gear".

Opening tough strong boxes that drop all white and blue poo poo sure doesn't feel like higher quality though.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Deki posted:

Here's my ideal set of immediate fixes:

Launching on a Friday then peacing out for the weekend is kinda poo poo. Launch earlier in the week, so you're available when poo poo is all hosed up without having to force weekend/overtime work. This is basic poo poo.

Agree with pretty much all your points except the minion stuff, I have no opinion on that since I haven't played a minion build but it sounds like others would agree with it.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 22, 2022

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Salt Fish posted:

I mean in fairness to him what probably happened is more like:

League start is in 7 days: Chris holds a meeting about rares, we'd like to turn down the number of rares so we can have them be more interesting individually, but this will result in less loot. Intern A, employee B, employee C, write a module that we can use to tune the drops so the end result is the same overall.
League start in 6 days: Intern A spends 8 hours figuring out which files to edit, which repository they're in and coming up with an idea how to do it, sends it to employee B
League start in 5 days: employee B reviews the plan, decides its fine and starts working on it
Legaue start in 4 days: employee B sends the code to employee C who points out a few bugs to fix. Everyone goes to lunch instead of working on it and then the intern finishes writing it at like 9pm that night
League start in 3 days: Another meeting is held. We have the module for adjusting rare drops, what values should we use? Just pick anything and send it to the testers, we'll tweak it later
League start in 2 days: the testers spend 20 minutes playing with it and say its basically fine, they have 80 other things to test on the same day. Sometimes they drop 20 maps so good enough.
League start in 1 day: the code is added and shipped to your client with half baked values

And then everyone online is like "LOOK WHAT CHRIS DID" but nobody has any idea. This is what its like coding at every company pretty much so I don't know why it would be any different at GGG.

Then their community manager is on vacation and they have to write a blog post so they have the intern do it and Chris proof reads it for typos and it gets posted.

I'm just here for the GGG fanfic. Thanks.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fundamentally it's a question of how many hours of free time to acquire one 'progress unit' or whatever and there is a rate that is too low for people to bother with. On a related note, there's a question of how long people will map without getting big juicy dings from their loot filter

so to some extent it doesn't matter and people will adapt, but in the extremes it absolutely does

I just changed my loot filter to give me those dings for every item and this game is amazing now.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Another funny thing is, not only are the monsters too aggressive and fast themselves, but with everything bearing Archnemesis mods, their skills and on-death effects are too aggressive and constant as well. At any given point you can be juggling:
- Monsters are running at me attacking
- Monsters are shooting stuff at me, either projectiles or placed aoes
- Fire dogs pop and leave napalm floor, zombies pop and leave tar floor, other bursty pbaoes which are right next to me because the monster died as it got to me
- Toxic burst homing on me that I need to dodge after it locks in place [AN MOD]
- Electric guys spawning on me and chasing me to explode [AN MOD]
- Crystal pylon that pulses absolute murder and spawns near me, at a slightly slower rate than the electric guys [AN MOD]
- Magma orb homing on me that I need to dodge continuously [AN MOD]
- Enemy respawns after death as an unkillable revenant for a few seconds [AN MOD]

Any/all of which can be present within 2-3 screens in even an unjuiced map

Got used to dodging the homing bullshit pretty quick after I figured out what was going on but those loving lightning assholes still get me pretty frequently. There is just too much poo poo going on the screen at once to spot that bullshit that spawns in the busiest spot on the screen and LOL at seeing them easily if you're playing a lightning build like I am.

gently caress those lightning assholes.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

TyrantWD posted:

GGG didn't need to do anything on the economy creep. The loot explosions from AN and Sentinel were gone (which were beyond excessive), and Kalandra should be giving out heist chests with the occasional mirrored amulet/ring. You also had the exalt/divine swap coming, and harvest nerfs. If ever there was a time to leave drop rates alone, it would be this league.

Also, why did there need to be such a massive drop rate buff to league content to keep things where they were. Why was the base content so unrewarding?

Yup, removing Sentinels was already a huge nerf to the economy.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

pork never goes bad posted:

I get so irrationally mad when people use the "slap [in/to] the face" analogy. If I came round and I slapped you in the face, I should go to loving prison. It is not the same. Similarly, game patches that you don't like aren't aids or cancer. This language is both unhelpful and deeply, deeply disrespectful.

this is some psycho poo poo, wishing prison on people for slapping someone in the face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

they did this in heist league. it imploded the economy and ended up with people refusing to do heist even once literally years later.

People refuse to do heist because it sucks poo poo, not because it ruined the economy at some point in the past.