Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

ABombpk posted:

Thinking I'm going to try RF totems as a league starter. Change it up a little bit from Inquis FB totems.

Milky's guide still a good choice?

I followed his 2.6 guide through the Act 8 beta and it went incredibly well. Highly recommend going the soul mantle + double kikazaru route as soon as you can equip soul mantle, getting level 20 spell totem at level 49 effectively quadruples your dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Is getting to uber izaro in the mid 70s actually viable for a league starter? So far the only time I got all six trials done was in legacy league, after getting two characters past level 80.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

It's not completely dead, but it's a lot worse as a league starter, since you're a lot more reliant on using tukohama's and having a 6l'ed soul mantle.

e; removing the 6th link, tukohama's, and scorching ray (which you need tukohama's to use) drops your dps from RF to 210k and your dps from searing bond to 90k. A 2.6 build with the same restrictions has about 300k RF damage and about 55k searing bond damage.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 3, 2017

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Got my Inquisitor up to 69 last night, and got RF rolling. Shield Charging through packs and having them all die in hellfire as I pass is definitely fun, as is turning the scorching ray on for rares and bosses.

Still rather squish at 3.6k HP, though, and I only have enough mana regen to sustain RF/MoM because of Atziri's Foible in my amulet slot (ed: and of course as I get more life on gear that's only going to get worse as RF's damage increases). Any suggestions to correct that? It and Rise of the Phoenix are the only uniques I'm using, IIRC.

I'd post my profile but poe's site is blocked at work, as is the wiki :rip:. Think I posted a URL earlier though.

Clarity is super helpful, as is getting +mana regen on a couple of rares. You can usually get it pretty cheap because nobody else really wants it and it blocks a good suffix. If you don't have them yet, prioritize getting the mana regen nodes near MoM and the max mana nodes near witch start. Getting max mana or mana regen on jewels can help, too. Basically just do a ton of little stuff that adds up eventually.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

If you miss price an item and change it that's fine but purposefully listing things cheap af to see if they're any good is kind of lovely imo. Waste of time for other people.

yeah, they should really just make it so that when you post an item up for a certain price, whoever offers that amount first automatically gets the item. that's probably impossible on the technical front or something, which is why no other game does anything like it.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

frajaq posted:

Anyone else using the SR/RF build? I managed to get my hands on the Phoenix shield so my life regen is stable for RF, but my mana is not since I'm using MoM. How do other people deal with it?

Here's the pastebin for PoB if it helps:

https://pastebin.com/16qadZHu

1. Use Purity of Fire
2. Path to Battle Rouse and Mana Flows
3. Get gear with mana regen. You shouldn't need a ton, maybe 50-80% between all your gear.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Kild posted:

You can't shield charge with a wand, you'd use a scepter.

Sceptres all have elemental implicits, you'd use a dagger.

Pastebin of a an underleveled overgeared character using carcass + 1h/shield: https://pastebin.com/zzsbH02v

Eminai fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 21, 2017

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Imagine how awesome it will be when GGG will set prices for every item and/or starts moderating trades based on popular perception of "scam".

New players should be taught, not spoon-fed their way into a hugbox in a game that tries to be all about "freedom" and "hardcore experience".

Imagine how awesome it will be when some bored dude realizes that you don't need any currency to do market manipulation, just half a dozen VMs and an AHK script to keep AFK mode off. Part of the "hardcore experience" shouldn't be getting a hundred whispers a minute because you didn't know the 30 lowest prices on tabula were all fake.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Control Volume posted:

I started playing this game two weeks ago and it's really fun, then I made a new character with a guide after getting a feel for the game and it got a lot more fun but I really wish they had an in-game database that let you search through skill gems, or at least skill gems you can potentially see at that point in the game.

If you do a side quest in the Library area of Act 3 you get access to a vendor that sells every skill gem except for the ones you unlock at act four and the 5 or so non-vaal gems that aren't sold by any vendor ever.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Tiny Bug Child posted:

What's the actual concern with implementing some kind of AH that automatically transfers the item? I get that it's not going to happen because GGG doesn't want it, but I don't understand how having frictionless trading and prices that actually reflect the market value of items could be a bad thing for the game.

The realistic concern is that items currently in the <5c price bracket will trend towards vendor value because there's a non-zero supply of them that currently aren't being sold because it's not worth the effort for the return. Similarly, cheap uniques with good vaal implicits will dip because it will be easier to buy a hundred of them to mass vaal. People who don't understand economics turn this into "Everything will be worthless except one item that will cost ten thousand mirrors and also your firstborn".

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Dennis McClaren posted:

Can someone please recommend some unique armor that will help with my Fire/Totem chieftain? Some gear that buffs totems?

Infernal Mantle if you're Flame Totem, Soul Mantle if you're linking something to Spell Totem.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What can cause a loot filter that is working fine one day and then loving not work despite your best efforts?

If it's showing items it shouldn't, make sure you aren't seeing ilvl 75+ or 84+ crafting bases.

If it's not showing items it should, make sure you didn't toggle highlight items and objects.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

does this mean running labs with vaal pact

If you don't want to run labs with vaal pact buy an acuity and stack crit.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

you are correct

analyzing RF totems is a good way to learn the legalese of poe. You take the Ancestral Bond keystone so you do zero damage (totem damage only) but when you cast spark that triggers EE for your RF totems. Because even if you do 0 damage it counts as a hit.

RF is a spell but doesn't deal spell damage, it deals degeneration which can't be blocked. Then you get into the whole "burning damage" vs "fire damage" thing

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. You can proc EO with selfcast stuff if you have Ancestral Bond but not EE. For EE you either need a trap or to not have Ancestral Bond.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

vOv posted:

Also this is probably just my brain being dumb but am I the only one that doesn't really have interest in market fuckery? Like obviously if someone wants to do it then more power to them, but the idea just doesn't appeal to me in the same way that 'run a shitload of maps with bisco's' does.

Nah, market fuckery is awful to try to do in this game, because GGG wants everyone to trade like it's 1999.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

awesmoe posted:

Anyone know what they're doing with dork pact berserker? Looking for advice on where to go next - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/herculepyro/characters

I'm thinking about moving away from crit - so respeccing out of annihilation, doom cast, blood siphon, trickery - and using those points for ehp (nullification mostly, i guess?) and general cast speed/spell damage/chaos damage nodes.
What would MoM look like with this build? I'm imagining that instead of getting oneshot, I'd survive the massive hit but be left with 0 mana, be unable to cast DP, and die in the next hit because I haven't leeched or regenned anything.

Aside from that, any advice on what gear to upgrade next? I'm tossing up replacing the shield with a lioneye's remorse but an extra 100 health for losing spell damage/cast speed/resists seems a bit meh.

also - is it possible to link to specific characters?

If you want to do MoM DP just use The Covenant as your body armour and socket your gems in that. If you do go MoM you should probably stay crit, since getting Atziri's Acuity is the only way to get instant mana leech afaik.

My DP character is EminaiDP, and I think it's a pretty good example of a moderately expensive crit DP character. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eminai/characters

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Vulpes posted:

Would you say it's a better version of the build than this crit-focused one? I'm currently leveling with that guide but it's not too late to switch.

I'd stay crit if you intend to spend more than 10ex on gear for that character. At the high end of gear, crit scales very well, and being able to wear Atziri's Acuity and refund Vaal Pact is a huge QoL upgrade.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

excellent, there are tons of people selling them in groups for 10c a slot and youve just saved me 10c in scam

those groups are legit, it's how I got my 36th challenge this league. I also invited a friend for an essence I found that neither of us had done, and both of us got credit.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

whalestory posted:

I took a look at the wiki and all the enchantments and affixes look like they only require ilvl 75 but i've heard peopel mention ilvl 84 base items at some point but i forgot what the context was. How much does ilvl matter past 75?

ilvl 84 is what you need to be able to roll the highest tier of resists. It's generally not a good idea to craft on any non-unique items below ilvl 84.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

whalestory posted:

Ooo but if you're crafting stuff on like a wand then 75 is fine?

The highest tier of %spell damage and the highest tier of %fire/lightning/ice damage all require ilvl 84. You can buy an i84 wand for 1-2c, which is a pittance compared to the amount of currency you're going to light on fire before you get anything good.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Welp there goes my plan to make a map-wide death wall.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

George posted:

Guess they were right about GGG watering the game down. Nobody counts anymore? XBox casuals ruining it for everyone.

Why would you ever count when you could just say dicks in guild chat and look at the number near your name?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

frajaq posted:

Volatile Dead looks cool as gently caress

I just wonder how it's supposed to kill bosses

Unearth linked with GMP and LMP gives a ton of corpses to play around with.

e; Here's a volatile dead build doing shaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta-4h82IVIs

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

for that specific build, A Lot because he's dual wielding poet's pens

a regular VD build is fairly budget

Pens make that build extra expensive but the VD enchant is pretty important for both bosses and clearspeed, and it's minimum 5 exalts to buy it, or 8 exalts if you want it on a helm that actually does anything else.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

queeb posted:

50/100% more damage from a head enchant was kinda crazy.

Even if the helmet enchant was too strong it’s complete bullshit to wreck VD builds mid-league because they couldn’t bother to figure out before hand that doubling a skill through a helm enchant might be a little too good.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

pork never goes bad posted:

I don't think that wrecks them, and GGG are usually pretty good about not nerfing things mid-league unless they are... silly.

Some VD builds will probably still be viable, mine was just barely dealing with Abysses in red maps with a +3 helm, there's no way I'll be able to consistently clear them after the nerf bug fix.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

There's plenty of VD builds that can happily clear abysses in red maps with no enchant. I suppose I'm saying to make a more optimized build!

So basically you're saying that my build got wrecked mid-league. Wonder where I've heard that before :thunk:

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Your original words were "wrecks VD builds" - just because it wrecked your bad one, doesn't mean it wrecked VD builds. Grumpiness aside, wanna post a character link and some folks here (maybe even me!) can help you optimize/recover?

Signed,
pork never goes bad, effort-poster

Yeah that would be great. Here's the pastebin https://pastebin.com/J7BFJXrA

I'm pretty sure I can retain reasonable clearspeed with only four balls per cast if I drop conc. effect for increased AoE, so you just need to find a way to get 50% more damage out of that tree and gear without sacrificing any evasion (because I'm just barely at the QotF cap with flasks up) or life. Should be easy, yeah?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

if it works w/ triggered skills try spell cascade over conc effect maybe? you get half the damage per orb but can potentially spawn 9 per attack if it lines up properly (altho you might also need to swap unearth for desecrate, ime it won't cascade properly if you're perpendicular to your unearth line)

i think almost everyone here assumed you were playing a caster version, where the helm enchant is significantly less important since you're regularly running out of corpses w/ echo + cascade anyway

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm testing it out now and it's absurdly good.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Xequecal posted:

So, this unique:

https://i.imgur.com/PirZwo0.png

How is this remotely balanced? An 800 DPS weapon with 9% base crit that you can use with blade flurry/molten strike? Sure why not.

10 days from now there will be a hotfix when GGG realizes that they meant the three to be a one and the two shouldn’t be there at all.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Hamburger Test posted:

But is the 6s? And what about uses both hands?

This only matters if you can get a higher ilvl from the cards though.

You can get a higher ilvl from the cards, if you get a non-unique version it only uses one hand and can only have 3 sockets.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Jinnigan posted:

Beltimber blades are 1ex apiece now. What the gently caress

Mathil did an Arborix build semi-recently.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

neurotic posted:

Finally the god damned sword dropped from Hillock. Assuming some Slayer build works best, going that direction. 6-link pretty OP for leveling, and it looks pretty cool. Anyone still using it at endgame?

I'm doing red maps as flicker slayer in almost full MF gear, Ventor's with decent quant and the resists I need are still outside my budget. The degen is trivial to manage once you have Endless Hunger, just remember to be careful if you're doing maps that lower your max resists.

e;

Elentor posted:

I'm pretty sure Mathil can kill Shaper and Uber Atziri with literally whatever, FFV 4JF style.

He can, but I'm super bad and nearly always rely on OP builds to carry me. The sword is the real deal, use it now before it gets nerfed. This is almost as good as DP was last league, and my DP build had the advantage of an extra 40-50 exalts invested into it.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 29, 2017

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

J posted:

How does it fare versus bosses?

I use blade flurry in a second oni-goroshi in a weapon swap if the boss has an arena and I'm not lucky enough to have a breach/abyss in there. The biggest hurdle for bosses is that you only have 5-6k life (with kaom's) and you're melee so you have to get used to dodging a lot. You're looking at about a million dps with Abyssus at 90 so they still die very quickly, even with all the dodging around.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Lamquin posted:

I've seen this kind of pricing show up while searching on poe.trade - what's the "correct" way to handle trades that involve "0.X" of a currency? Do I go to the currency tab and figure out myself how much 0.8 Exalted is and trade the person that in Chaos orbs?

For that item you just trade an Abandoned Wealth and a The Saint's Treasure.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What build should I try if I want to clear areas and bosses faster then spectres, which is already absurdly fast?

Flicker strike with oni-goroshi is the fastest build I’ve used this league, but I do still need to use blade flurry to kill bosses in most red maps.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

ubachung posted:

I know some goons are doing oni-goroshi flicker and I'm thinking of trying it myself, so I've got some questions before I jump in.

The consensus seems to be that slayer is the only viable choice since the leech and overleech are crucial for counteracting the fire degen, but I have a pathological aversion to following build guides and I've been looking at other classes. I figure berserker's increased damage taken would be a real problem, and as much as I like champion I'm not sure it would cut it. I like juggernauts too, but again it doesn't seem like a great fit for the build. Has anyone tried an ascendancy beside slayer and if so how did it work out?

The builds I've looked at seem to be using crit to proc ignite for her embrace, is it viable to go for RT and use ignite chance instead? A crit build incorporating elemental overload would be nice, but I don't think I've seen any builds use that and it's probably too costly in terms of skill points.

I'm currently messing around with PoB and trying to figure out the best way to get fire conversion, so if anyone has any helpful tips before I blow dozens of exalts please let me know!

I think the only viable ascendancies for oni flicker are Slayer, Ascendant, and Raider. The fire degen isn't the biggest issue, frenzy generation is. Raider solves that with ascendancy passives, and with the overleech from slayer or ascendant slayer you can safely run blood rage.The Green Dream is also a very useful thing for all three classes. If you want to try something really out there, low life Guardian might be viable but I have no idea how you'd do it. I've only done this as Slayer so take my musings on other ascendancies with a grain of salt.

Going RT and trying to force ignite instead of just going crit seems like a really bad idea because I'm pretty sure the only way you'd get your ignite chance to anywhere near an okay level is to use the Chance to Ignite gem, which is garbage.

I'm not sure why you're going for fire conversion, all you need to proc her embrace is one Abyss jewel with adds # fire damage to [sword] attacks.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

ubachung posted:

Thanks, I haven't done much with ascendant so I might have a look at that.

You can get a little bit of ignite chance from jewels and uniques, plus there's the boot enchant that works well with RT. I haven't checked if you can get a similar ignite chance to the crit chance you'd have, which is why I thought I'd see if anyone else had tried. I know it's not going to be optimal, I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

The fire conversion isn't about proccing her embrace. The guides I've looked at are using The Golden Rule and The Red Trail for self bleed frenzy generation, so I'd want to convert as much physical to elemental as possible to avoid bleeding too much. It's easier to convert the phys to a mix of elements, but I was curious if I could do a fire focused build.

Thanks for the replies, my idea is probably terrible but I like to try new things.

If you want to go the ignite route, maybe try abberath's hooves. Spreading ignite when you kill an ignited enemy seems like a decent way to keep her embrace rolling. It looks like you can get 10% ignite from the enchant, up to 3% on each non-abyss jewel (so maybe 4?), and 10% each from a unique in body, boots, amulet, or ring slots. Just for comparison, I have 85% effective crit chance with a diamond flask up.

For fire conversion the best I can come up with is 40% from the Anger conversion Watcher's Eye and then converting 50% of your physical to cold with Hrimsorrow and converting 80% of your cold to fire with double Pyre.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

poe.trade uses currency trade prices to decide whether the price in alchs is more or less then what the first lowest chaos listing is. So if something is up for 11 alchs and someone comes in and lists it for 1 chaos. That one chaos will show first. So it works just fine but the problem is everyone is listing poo poo in alchs and the lowest chaos listing is still more then what the lowest alch listing is. Also it seems poe.trade has no way to filter showing just chaos listings.

That’s completely wrong, poe.trade just assigns a chaos value to all other currency and is way too slow to change it. So right now you have stuff priced at 3 alchemy showing up as less than 1 chaos, or stuff at 1 exalt showing up as less than 60 chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Wezlar posted:

For a chest pretty much every build can just run Tabula until you can afford to link up your own unique chest (or outright buy one)

6L rares are so incredibly cheap this league there's no reason to use tabula once you're into maps unless you compulsively change what colors you need. Buying a white 6l is 15c and just using an Essence of Greed on it guarantees a big upgrade over a tabula.