Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
The only thing that would make me 100% skip PoE2 is if the entire skill philosophy revolved around generator/spender. I hate that poo poo so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
Anyone tried exsanguinate mines? Saw tuna made a video about it a few months back and it looked fun but I’m worried about no detonate on lmb.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

That’s great thanks! And I guess losing the aoe isn’t a big deal since it’ll be chaining everywhere.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I’m excited to start exsanguinate mines because I have the flower MTX for it

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I’ve been burned by Subtractem and Allie builds before. I wouldn’t say they’re bait (maybe Allies are) but something has always just felt off about them

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I'm running an Allie build this season so wish me luck :o7:

To be clear I do think she makes fine builds.

My only issue with her builds was
1. the first build I followed said to level as Poison Conc and then switch after you've done heist a bit to get the currency and that felt terrible. Later I saw a clip of her asking her chat for some chaos so she could buy the unique needed to switch and that also felt bad.
2. Some of her guides felt like "play nonstop for 8 hours and after 50 or so div you will easily push through the rough parts of this build" which is true but also I don't know, feels weird in a build guide.

Overall I think there's just build creators you gel with and some you don't but I do think she makes very thorough guides so I'm sure you'll be fine. Also it was funny as hell when she yoinked that dudes apothecary card.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I appreciate GGG does this stuff with their bad leagues.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
CoC DD is the dumbest starter I’ve ever played. Easily cruising through red maps with trash gear right now

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
Two leagues ago there was a 50/50 chance I'd crash upon entering the reward room of Uber lab. It was the worst thing I've ever experienced in this game and my butthole puckers every time I enter that room now.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
Highly recommend CoC DD, I’ve invested about 50 div into it and its done everything besides Ubers painlessly. Not much interest in doing Ubers tho so time for a new build. Any recommendations for a map blaster? Huge bonus if I can use herald of ice as well.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
First time ever playing a bow build with a headhunter doing all legion stuff and I’m afraid arpgs have peaked for me and it’ll never get better than this :3:

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

DangerDongs posted:

Now that you have your HH, turn legion off and go farm content that scales off quantity.

Got any suggestions?

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
Turn every pack into frogs and boss rush it if you just want your 5th slot

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
Anyone have a general boot craft guide? The stuff I'm coming up with on craftofexile seems less than ideal.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I mean I'd be happy with tri-res, life, and high movement speed but I feel like there's more stuff you can add to crafting with the graveyard that goes beyond what you could do essence spamming a fractured base? I'm not sure but I need to start using the 2 quad tabs of coffins I've accumulated.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I built my first wardloop character as my last build this league to finish up the few challenges I had left. Putting it all together was a fun little puzzle and it’s super fun so far. Think I’ll see how far I can push it.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

MerrMan posted:

Wardloop has a very active discord:
https://discord.gg/2JnaD8DZ

Looks like this league the entry budget is ~20 divines and a 1500 divine version. They've also got bots and stuff that will check if your loop setup is correct and all the numbers work out. Good community willing to answer questions about build / gear / crafting / all sorts of stuff.

I do agree that wardloop is the kind of build you should try. It's so mechanically bonkers and then when all the pieces come together it starts to just crush. I know 'D4 Bad' is a meme but Wardloop is one of the builds that makes me reflect on just how narrow D4 design is. The list of interactions that makes Wardloop come together to work, PLUS the fact that it has survived a couple of major changes to how the loop functions and still work is just wild.

ETA

100% agree with all of this. There’s a 3 divine budget guide on the official forums but I’d say I’ve put around 80 div into this guy to get it feeling smooth. By far the worst part was getting the labs done because I switched off leveling gear too early.

There’s just nothing like a wardloop character in any other arpgs that I’ve played and I agree it really highlights what makes PoE so fun. You need all these specific items interacting in specific ways and the pay off is a character that just walks around making GBS threads out a bunch of seizure inducing spell effects. I love it

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
You’ll definitely be able to find a better answer but I’m gonna say mageblood does not help. You need 100% uptime on the unique flask Orloth’s Resolve by using a timeless jewel and only 3 flasks total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

Frank Frank posted:

That’s the one that only drops off a particular expedition boss and it has a bunch of variations , yeah?

Yea from an expedition boss but I don’t believe it has any variations besides charges used (which is important for the build). It just makes it so ward doesn’t break during its effect.