Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jusupov posted:

Is this game any

its

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

dominus loves orb

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Could I get an invite for Flavahbeast (thats me)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Sunder slayer, cyclone slayer or lacerate slayer?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think the queue is only for the login server, I'm guessing it'll evaporate once 3.0 goes live and they start letting people in

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jusupov posted:

I thought its monday?

finally a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mtx

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Stangg posted:

Not that it matters because gambling is fun, but someone did the math and its negative EV to Vaal tabulas.

One - click lottery items like veal orbs and reliquary keys will almost always have negative EV because people love to gamble and will rmt to consume hundreds of those fuckers

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

nerox posted:

Build: Facebreaker/Ancestral Warchief from this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250

So my question is: is the belly worth it when I can get a 6L and only give up a little bit of life.

My character is Choppy_Totems here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/choppyesq/characters

I'm using the same build and I've been thinking of dropping my 5L belly for a 6L rare but I think I would need to drop abyssus to do it, I'm at ~5200 health at level 84 and get knocked down to <20% health pretty often in red maps. I already keep a deidbell around to swap in for trials because traps become insanely deadly if I'm wearing abyssus

Do abyssus users typically switch to a different hat when fighting Izaro?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

frajaq posted:

What's up with the playable characters not saying stuff/reacting in the new acts? Usually after killing a boss in Acts 1-4 they would say something and it was a nice little touch

They probably don't have access to all of the voice actors anymore. A few of the npcs got different actors for 3.0 but redoing voice work for a player character would be a lot more work on top of the cost of new lines for every playable character across every new act. $$$

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lab is a lot more fun now that darkshrines always give a positive bonus and optional puzzles are way more rewarding

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

McFrugal posted:

She isn't eaten, just stored inside him or some magical nonsense. She comes out to help the brine king during the fight, after all. I suspect she's supposed to like, escape when you kill him but I sure didn't see it happen.

Yeah shes definitely dead, the player character just feels bad and tells everyone she swam away to live in the ocean and won't be coming back

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

actually Im guessing she'll be a town npc in Tsoatha if the game ends up going there

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

How do I get to this stupid chest

I spent like 15 minutes looking for the switch, hidden coffers arent so great lootwise but i gotta know

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

How do I get to this stupid chest

I spent like 15 minutes looking for the switch, hidden coffers arent so great lootwise but i gotta know

Are there areas that you can only lightning warp/etc to? that could explain why I can never find switches to get to platforms

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Yeah Im really not convinced manipulators are having much of an impact on the economy, I think what's actually happening is people sell exalts 1 at a time and poe.trade takes a few minutes to catch up, so any time you search for exalts to buy there will be probably a few dozen listings that have already sold

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

it's a girl????

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I want a build that can kill any shaper guardian with any combination of 8 map mods without too much fuss, what build should I play

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I've gotten two "twice blessed" darkshrines in one uber lab and only got two enchants at the end so its definitely an improvement if you can't get duplicates

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

engineers orbs work like other +quality stuff: they'll give +5% to normal rarity, +2% to magic rarity and +1% to rare/unique strongboxes. As far as I know the only way to use them effectively is to use them on diviner's, high level cartographers and maybe arcanist's strongboxes.

If there are mods on the box scour it (unless the mods are already really good,) then use 4 engineers orbs, then orb of alchemy, then maybe chaos if it's a div or cartographer box and the first mod roll sucked

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

How do you get them as spectres, wouldn't an act 6 mob be too low level to use? Or am I misunderstanding how spectres work

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

still sane, exile?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Yeah I think I'm going to do this and then move to a Belly. That will get me up to ~4.4k. Then I'll go from there. Thanks for the input guys!

Also on a lark I looked up the price for currency and these available quantities are something else

Yeah thanks to globalism you can stock up on a lifetime's supply up currency for the cost of a cheap night at the bar. It makes me feel less bad about accidentally scouring the 100c+ amulet I found last night :unsmith:

Not that I would ever personally buy currency for irl cash that shits for chumps

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 5, 2017

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

When is it worth spending C on Zana mods in general? I've been doing T15+ with Perandus tonight for a while and i'm certain I'm behind in terms of making money.

Zana mods on high level maps felt worthwhile for the first few days when T15 and T16s sold for 8c+ but I don't think any of them are worth spending chaos on now. I check alkaizer's stream sometimes and I never see him using them

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ineptitude posted:

Unfortunately i play HC so there is not a lot of stuff in the gstash (and all the worthwhile items that was there are currently equipped by my dude :D)

The wiki states that only shadows can buy fortify support.

Wow I just checked the wiki and it is bullshit, the shadow is the only one who can buy any gems from siosa or lilly. Why play anything else?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, trying pathfinder, got to ask, what have people changed their flask hotkeys too? the 5th flask is a bit tricky to hit with all the others.

I use a keyboard with very tiny keys so that I can press five with a single finger

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Fuckin' finally, Sceptre and aura persistence is coming.

Will sceptres finally be worth using now that you don't have to replace them constantly?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vasudus posted:

Fixed a bug that caused duplicate Darkshrines to appear in the Labyrinth. For example, you should no longer be able to get 'Twice Blessed' multiple times in a single Labyrinth.

I've had that happen, it doesn't actually stack though :[

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Do we know yet what killing the shaper or elder does wrt the atlas?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

that guy should pick up some new flasks

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm claiming guild stash tab 16 again this league, please do NOT withdraw or rearrange items in stash tab 16

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Could I can an invite? I haven't logged in since the races and I think I got purged (Im flavahbeast)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

euphronius posted:

So are most of the prices listed for popular items price fixer accounts.

Popular items will sell really fast if you list them at the lowest price and then you'll get 10 minutes of buy requests filling your chatbox. Maybe some of the listings are people trying to mess with the market but the end result is the same - the ten cheapest tabulas have probably already sold

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

Apparently there's a bug where solar guard spectres don't get the double cast from spell echo and I haven't even noticed since they just wreck everything so fast.

Is this true for all their attacks or just the beam? I've been using spell echo with mine this whole time :pwn:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In the war of the atlas trailer they show the elder munching on the Hydra guardian and then showing up in the shaper's realm, has anyone tried letting the elder infect the entire inner ring of red maps to see if anything happens like him taking over the shaper's guardians and realm with his own?

There's level 85 elder stuff on Poe.trade, so there must be some way to make him infest t16 maps (or maybe red elder drops ilvl 85 stuff? I've only killed yellow elder)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

a few weeks ago I sold something and after trading the buyer went into my Phantasmagoria map, helped kill the boss and then left without another word. Last night I bought some Vaal fragments from some guy with a cyrillic name and afterwards they did the same thing. I've never had a trader take any other portal before, is there a bot that's just triggered to run Phantasmagoria any time they see a portal to it?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

Also essences of delirium shot up 10c over Christmas, is some new build using them?

I think supply just fell off a cliff since most people have the essence corruption challenge done by now

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

By chaos recipe do you mean the full item set recipe? That's how people make money in this game?

sigh

I havent done the chaos recipe at all this league except when I get the prophecy for it and I'm wearing ~10ex and sitting on 42ex according to currency cop

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

abyss uniques drop from the two abyssal liches: abyssal liches have a small chance to appear in abyssal depths and abyssal depths have a small chance to appear any time you open and complete an abyssal rift in maps. You'll know if a depths has a lich in it because the music will be different

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

my keyboard has very small 1 2 3 4 5 buttons that I can easily press all at once with my enormous index finger, as far as I know this is not actionable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

could I get an invite to the guild? Im 'flavahbeast'