Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
What weapons do dudes run with for their main hand if you're doing Sunder? Or do you just get the DW nodes and use whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The jewels are good because you can band-aid a mediocre skill into being pretty good without making things OP. Having to give up 1-2 jewel sockets is a good tradeoff IMO.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So what if you had Null's with 5 summon skeletons linked to a minion life?

That sounds like it might be cool.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I was planning on running SR to start but I guess I'm going back to ED with these notes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh wait yeah those nerds to SR are on beta already. Which means my PoB stuff is still accurate.

Nevermind!

Edit: also the death's oath wording sounds like it just needs sockets period, like that meatball axe. Using the vorici trick you can get a crapload of offcolors if you wanted to. Maybe a deaths oath / blight occultist?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

It's still over 2000 jeweler's orbs to get 5 offcolors on an astral plate with the Vorici trick. For the 5th socket it's 80 jewelers per attempt * 10% chance of offcolor * 50% chance of offcolor you need.

Fair, but how many supports would really help it? It's Chaos, Area, Duration. So that's what, Void Manipulation (green), Inc/Conc (blue) and maybe less duration (red) if that even works. You might not even need all those sockets.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm ok with Izaro doing books on tape.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

Less duration probably doesn't work because it doesn't affect skills with infinite durations like RF, but rapid decay does. You'd want efficacy, void manipulation, conc effect, inc AoE, rapid decay, generosity. That's five off-colors.

I'm gonna try it on my Blight character that I'm running this league.

Deaths Oath + Blight. Might use DA CRANK. Occultist w/ beacon of ruin and dual curse.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Okay I can't figure out how to get Dark Pact to work without skeletons so I'm gonna mess around with Storm Burst instead.

However since I'm a baby who's never messed with EE before: how the gently caress do lightning builds proc it? Vortex would only proc it on the initial hit, right? Do I even need it as a crit inquisitor?

No, if you're a crit inquisitor you don't need EE or any pen. When you crit, resistances are 0.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whydirt posted:

Aren't most EE builds ones where your primary attack isn't self-cast like totems, traps, or minions? I'd imagine that trying to get it to work with storm burst is more trouble than it's worth.

You run EE as Explosive Arrow, because the elemental (cold/light) applies to the initial hit, proccing EE, then the charges explode for fire damage.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So since Hyaon's Fury is now 1% damage taken per frenzy down from 3%, I want to do something with it this league. 10% damage taken is a lot more manageable. I just don't know what.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Flat life regen, thorns, and a few other affixes are deliberately bad to dilute the affix pool.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My goal is to get at least one character to 95. I always stop at 92/93 for the high end.

Storm Burst CWC Ball Lightning sounds mighty tempting, I love me some Ball Lightning.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to assume that Storm Burst is a lot like Frostbolt in that it travels a fixed distance regardless of projectile speed. If that's the case Slower Projectiles is not only more damage up front, it means more ball density over a given area so more damage when they go boom.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have an ancient version of Acquisition that I use exclusively for searching my Standard stash when I'm cooking up a build idea. It's easy enough to find my league tabs, but I'll be goddamned if I can remember where I put my 6L Searing Touch from Anarchy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I was selling Scourges for 9c on week 3 in Legacy.

I'm gonna do SR Inquisitor OR bleed sunder gladiator and wait and see how the new skills play out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The only thing I'm concerned about is rollbacks and server crashes. And GGG's *usually* really good about those. Probably going to be hotfixes like crazy though regardless, given how huge this expansion is.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I know I'm going to take my sweet rear end time leveling my first dude. I've intentionally kept my head in the sand about beta, I had a level 30-something Ranger in Wave 2? I think and I stopped before I got to Dominus. Only in the last few days have I even started to theorycraft builds and everything.

I'm doing SR Inquisitor to start, and then we'll see from there.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
5 minutes lads

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Rodent jinxed us.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arsonide posted:

I've always wondered what "Hold on while we work on adding capacity" means. Are they optimizing the code to be slimmer and thus support more players? Likely not. Are they running out to Best Buy and grabbing a few desktops to link into the internal server farm? Are they frantically calling up their external server farm and reserving more boxes?

What are they doing?

It's the last one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Also gotta remember that PoE is essentially being rewritten and modernized in big chunks with every expansion. poo poo goes wrong sometimes yo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
SR is insanely good so far. I'm in A9 now but every step of the way with mostly garbage gear I've just melted everything.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Dumb question but how do you even start doing maps? I searched for device in the patch notes and didn't find it.

I went to Solaris Temple in A3 and the Temple in A8 and there was nothing I could do. A3 just had a Lore item to interact with.

You complete A10 and it takes you to Zana. You can't do maps until then.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my god Charged Dash is extremely my poo poo. Took a bit getting used to but at level 40 with two perfect Fidelitas' Spikes (1 alch and 1 chaos) I'm rolling hard now. I'll swap them out for lightning-heavy elemental foils later on maybe but for now they're extremely good. The only thing that's a motherfucker is keeping up with the stat requirements, but properly rolled rares should fix that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Bardeh posted:

So I got into act 6 and any kind of elemental attack is absolutely destroying me. What kind of resistances do I need to shoot for?

Act 6 is basically a gentle reminder that resistances exist. You should obviously get capped if you can manage it, but after around 35-40% it starts being noticeable really. That's about when I tend to notice attacks go from "HOLY gently caress" to "OW OW OW OW".

I had -30% cold resistance going into A6 on my SR Inquisitor. It was a fun discovery that cold damage mobs were plentiful there.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Alright so Charged Dash 6L time. I am currently running flat elemental CD with two Fidelitas' Spikes which are obscenely good for this build. I do exclusively Lightning damage. I am very pleased with CD linked with WED, Ruthlessness, and Added Lightning Damage. Lightning Penetration is the next obvious upgrade, which leads me to my problem: I need a 5-off QotF for my 100% ideal setup. Swap Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks and that's still 4-off, which while an order of magnitude easier is still a pain.

Should I just forget the idea of running a QotF entirely and get an EV/ES chest? Carcass Jack perhaps?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Twist And Pout! posted:

Vorici Calculator actually says you'll only need ~200 chromatics if you do the 1Red1Blue craft through Vorici to get those colors on a QotF. Not great but chromatics are easy to come by at least.

If you don't have any increased area on the tree I'd probably go with the Carcass Jack though. Feels like CD scales really well with increased area, but I haven't done any hard testing. It instantly felt much better to me when I picked up the area nodes near the Templar area + Slayer area nodes.

...getting GRRBBB on a 160 dex requirement QotF is 162 attempts of 1R1B for ~2400 chromatics. Swapping out Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks using 1B is 78 attempts for 312 chromatics.

I might just end up using a Carcass Jack and calling it a day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I could do the Vorici socket trick it's true. Then I have to 6L it though.

I'll have to see how a 5L QotF plays before I settle on a chest. If that extra movespeed is as good as it sounds for CD I'll have to make it work.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I love my SR Inquisitor. The only reason I'm not playing it right this second is because my CD Raider is a gofast build and I'm in a gofast mood this week. I give zero fucks about any map mod and poo poo out damage with horrendous gear.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ok, I figured out my solution.

Get a QotF, make it 4L, put my grandpa totem in there. Use Thunderfists and put my CD setup in there for a 5L. Get a better QotF in the future, make it 5-off, 6L it later.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Buying and selling items is fine but trying to find someone trading in currency is absurd. Is there anyone here I can buy some jeweller's off of?

edit: Now i need fusings..

I always trade with people that have the API showing their exact inventory. It's always annoying to do like a 100-200 jewelers/fusings/chrome deal with a guy that has a good ratio only to find out they have 57 in stock. So that means I get a likely worse ratio but I know that the person has what I want.

sushibandit posted:

you working off a published build or playing it by ear? this sounds amusing and the skill itself looks interesting

I'm mostly going by ear, but I can publish a build later today.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Chances are the voice work will be added in a patch or two.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gonadic io posted:

One of these days I should make a hideout that's more than just the benches clustered around the stash and waypoint.

I decorate my hideout every league when I'm WFH and on a call.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A general thing to remember is that we're still in the first week of the league, and prices on everything are going to still be wonky.

That said, this weekend is probably going to be THE time to buy any gear that isn't absolutely top tier.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Why is that? Also I hear lots of people are disappointed with the league? I guess all the effort went in to the new acts, which is understandable.

The general playerbase (not most of us, I mean the regulars) is more than likely just getting into maps after a week. That means there's going to be a flood of people trying to sell their items and another flood of people trying to get capped. It's a good time for market activity, both ways.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
White/Yellow/Red tabs.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I miss ranged characters too much. I'm going to respec my charged dash raider into either 1) a tempest using split/barrage character that poisons with the new council gloves or 2) an ice shot death's opus user

I don't know which one I want though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ok, so the Volkuur gloves give the ability for [element] to poison, and then gives it a base chance of 20% to proc off what I assume are normal hits.

So does that mean that if I crit with a cold skill, does that mean that it will freeze AND poison? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but after all the dot changes I'm not 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my god I missed ranged attacks so much.