Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Picked this game up a few days ago (thanks Stux) and having a blast, just now wrapping up Act 6. I'm using a guide for an RF marauder but otherwise kind of going in blind with regards to mechanics and discovering stuff like the heists has been blowing my mind lol. A question though-- I got a Divine Orb drop which I understand is a pretty nice windfall. Is there anything I should feel compelled to trade for at this point in the game or should I just worry about that later? Haven't used trade much aside from buying and selling some cheapo 1c uniques

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cretin90 posted:

Should I offload my endgame RF gear on this guy? :pervert:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chadsius/characters ->NeckAndNeck

Lol hell I'd take it if you're offering! I definitely plan on at least getting to endgame and checking it out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Finally, you can join me and bob3 in the PoE imp collective.

Dude the first time I hit an abyss event or whatever where the screen goes grayscale and the music gets badass I said "holy poo poo" out loud. I know a lot of people are mad at this game right now and it's a funny time to jump in but i'm having a blast

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stux posted:

getting a div that early... and i thought ih ad good drop luck

Just got another one in act 7 from one of the excavation event things

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cretin90 posted:

Thanks fellas.

I think I will give it to this guy, I can tell you that if I were trying this game out and someone gave me some endgame gear to troll around with it would be the best league ever.

Gofer please shoot me a PM and let me know when you will be online along with your character name.

Also I am going to offload all my scarabs, frags, maps, etc into the guild stash right now (8:30 pm est), everyone enjoy. I don't have the usual 120+ ex this league to give out to everyone, it's all in my gear due to crappy drops than usual LOL.

PM sent :D

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just did my first map and holy poo poo I did not know the Atlas Skill Tree existed

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's crazy. And now I'm getting to the Maven and Exarch stuff, just blown away with how many mechanics they're throwing at me lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

boredsatellite posted:

Please as if d4 is going to be that ambitious

The Paragon Board used for leveling post-50 in D4 does look like it cribs heavy from the POE skill tree, you can slot in different "tiles" and there's areas of influence and stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Big thanks to Cretin90 for the endgame RF set, i am indeed having the time of my life playing my first league ever. I'm still too scared to equip that jewel that gives -75% to resistances or whatever and I'm pretty sure my skill tree is all hosed up because I'm a Juggernaut and not an Inquisitor but I just loaded up a T12 corrupted map with scarabs and poo poo and blazed through it and I think I blew a fuse in my brain, it was great. I could probably buy my way up the map ladder a bit but I'm having a hell of a time just seeing what drops and trying to fill out the atlas and do the Maven/Exarch etc quests.

edit: what makes a lake map or temple map good to trade? I just throw them up for 15c because that still seems like a lot of money to me but once I got a ton of buy offers immediately off the bat on a lake and it made me worried I underpriced it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stux posted:

thats true. perhahps i just want to be optimisitic bcos i like diablo, despite how insane blizzar d is now.

Yeah I don't think I'll be able to pass up D4. Hell I even have fond memories of D3 at launch, broken servers and real money auction house and everything

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's super helpful, thank you.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cretin90 posted:

You're welcome and if you are having difficulty getting the gear set to work together or with your passive tree please post in the thread and ask. It's helpful if you include your Path of Building link. I included pretty much everything you will need to get to level 95+ with the full gear set + double clusters + melding of the flesh but some of it may require minor tweaks due to being jugg instead of inquisitor. For example you may throw on all your gear and see your resists are like 148/132/85 and you want to get more lightning resist so that elemental weakness is less likely to dick you over (it shouldn't due to the curse resistance in the build, but this is just an example), in that case you could ask for advice on what gear to replace to get that next incremental lightning resistance. (it's the rings, those rings are extremely mediocre but I never bothered replacing them.)

Thank you! Do you have a PoB for the build you were running that I could check out? I've been roughly going off the guide you recommended but based on the gear set I can tell it diverges a bit.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Needless to say, the game has changed a lot since Delve (4 years ago, for those keeping score at home), but the vast majority of it is stuff you wouldn't have even seen if you hadn't made it to maps yet. There's been much (much much much much much) grousing about a couple of change GGG has made this past league regarding rare monsters and loot drops, but this is still a drat fine ARPG.

Yeah for what it's worth this is my first league and I've had a great time. I was kindly gifted some sick endgame gear so I sort of skipped over a big part of early map progression, but I didn't equip it until I beat the campaign and I found that to be a very enjoyable 30 hours or so.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Atlas guide on the wiki says Zana should start showing up after clearing a T3 map but I'm well into reds and haven't seen her; is it outdated or something? Says it was last updated a year ago

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

whypick1 posted:

The good wiki

The poo poo-rear end wiki you shouldn't be looking at because it hasn't been updated in ages because Fandom sucks

edit: Actually, I see this page hasn't been updated in a long-rear end time either. The end game quest lines are here. The Atlas of Worlds leads to the Maven, Searing Exarch and Eater of Worlds quests that lead to 3 of the 4 Voidstones, with Uber Elder being the final one.

Ahhh ok thank you! I missed the big "this is historical content" warning at the top of her page lol. Cool, I'm on track then, thank you!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

More endgame content questions from me! Thanks everyone for the help so far on this. What's the natural progression usually like for the Atlas bosses? I beat Searing Exarch and Eater of Worlds, and I assume Maven is the next one to work on. I know the last Voidstone comes from Elder In The Shaper's Realm but if I understand correctly that's like uber-endgame tier stuff. What's in between? Where do the conquerors and Sirus fit in?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Haven't really messed with my gear much since I put on the RF set but Cretin90 mentioned that the rings could use an upgrade and I found this which seems pretty good and would fill out my resists and free up a +30 int node that I've had to keep to meet gem requirements:

Opal Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 80
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
24% increased Elemental Damage (implicit)
--------
+51 to Intelligence
Adds 2 to 22 Lightning Damage to Attacks
+39% to Lightning Resistance
+31% to Chaos Resistance

But if I understand correctly I've got room to add another prefix on this, right? Looking at my crafting bench the only relevant things it seems I can squeeze on there would be to add a little extra health or health regen. I haven't really done any crafting at all -- Is there anything cooler I can/should do? I have an Eldritch Exalted Orb, does that potentially do something for me here?

edit: also is there a way to get rid of that "adds lightning damage to attacks" prefix and replace it with something better or would I just have to reroll the whole thing for that?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Eldritch orbs won't do anything, they apply to Searing Exarch/Eater of Worlds influenced gear, which can only be gloves/boots/helm/chest.

There are methods of trying to remove a specific mod, but they cost far more than what that ring is worth (you shouldn't be int-starved either so you could get away with re-rolling prefixes entirely, but again, not worth it). Just do what MMF said and slap some life on it and call it a day.

Got it, yeah lol, I see I could preserve my suffixes at the low cost of 2div if I understand correctly. Are those sort of recipes the reason divines are worth so much more than exalteds?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm curious as someone new to endgame stuff, how do you make 5 div an evening farming 16s? Just knowing what sells? I got 150c selling an incursion map which was my biggest windfall outside of a couple divs that have dropped in the wild, but I'm not sure what the odds are for actually getting Locus of Corruption and Apex and all that good stuff on one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's still hard for me to get over that unit prices actually go up on bulk item buys just as a consequence of the archaic trade system (which, I will note, I find pretty cool)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I vaal orbed my Hallowed Ground unique not knowing it would make it not unique anymore :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

PoB is surely displaying some numbers incorrectly for the Juggernaut "Unbreakable" ascendancy, right? It's telling me my max elemental hit gets increased almost 10x if I allocate it. If I understand correctly, armor mitigation is way better against small hits than big ones anyway, and I don't think 8% of my armor applying to elemental damage would stop me from being disintegrated by a 50k attack lol. It does seem good to me but there's no way it's that good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Aerox posted:

I have been playing this game for years and I genuinely don't understand the value of Torment anything. I don't think a spirit or possessed monster has ever in my history of playing dropped anything worth a poo poo, and the only time I really notice them is when I'm obnoxiously silenced or I die to completely unexpected corpse explosions because a spirit was offscreen.

I even ran seance a bit last League start and don't feel like it increased my income at all -- just more yellow items that got filtered out from mobs.

Heralds is the one I really don't understand as a new player. Waiting for the waves to spawn in is a drag and aside from the (I assume extremely unlikely) chance of getting a mirror shard they don't seem to drop anything valuable. I guess when Exalteds were the main high-tier currency the exalted shards were nice but it seems there's no Divine equivalent?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok I think it's time for me to post my PoB because aside from gaining a couple levels I'm not really sure what my main goals should be to get stronger right now, what equipment upgrades I should be keeping an eye out for, etc -- I can do T16 maps right now pretty easily, dependent on mods. I got my rear end kicked by the 10-boss Maven invitation and the (non-quest) Eater fight but those may have just been me playing poorly. am I doing anything stupid with my tree? There are definitely a few nodes I'm not sure about -- I think Divine Shield is giving me a lot of survivability, but I'm not really sure. I feel like my HP is a little low for this build but I'm not entirely sure what my goal should be there either.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Low-hanging fruits:
*In the Prismatic Skin wheel you took the max fire res node instead of the max cold res node.
*If you can move Purity of Ice on to your gloves and craft the +1 AoE mod you get another +1 max to all resistances.
*Take the ailment effect node instead of the ailment chance node at Divine Judgement
*Why haven't you taken Barbarism?
*Or for that matter any of the Life Masteries?
*Do you have room for Enduring Cry? If you can do that and snag Call to Arms you've got an "oh poo poo" button to heal up fast.
*I think I'd take off Doryani's Lesson from your upper cluster jewel to get passives for the other things I mentioned

Thank you! This is very helpful. That said, is Barbarism worth it over other life passives if I've already got max fire resist and I'm using melding/ice for my caps?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

500 good dogs posted:

12% max life for 2 nodes is usually a pretty good deal even without that other stuff

500 good dogs posted:

12% max life for 2 nodes is usually a pretty good deal even without that other stuff

Good point, that's a great ROI. I dropped Doriyani's and picked that up, also gained another level and grabbed the +50 life mastery (which I think is the best one for me? the one that trades off regen doesn't seem like a great deal for RF) -- also did those no-brainer reassignments, thanks whypick1.

What should I roughly be shopping around for in terms of gear upgrades right now? Am I potentially better off with a body piece that goes all-in on armor instead of mixing with energy shield like I have now? Seems like anything with comparable rolls is pretty expensive but I suppose that would give me something to save up for, right now I feel a little directionless

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is there something cool I can do to squeeze extra value out of this or just make the hardest metamorph I can? Seems like that's potentially a lot of currency

edit: Booooo! Shakari-Touched doesn't convert the Metamorph drops to currency

goferchan fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 8, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Empowering minions lol. I guess that's probably fine since Metamorphs don't have adds anymore. If you're confident or don't mind ripping I'd go for it I suppose.

I went for it and the god-touched modifier didn't do anything, lame

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah all I got were the bonuses indicated on the Metamorph organs but they didn't seem to be influenced by the godtouched mod at all.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

von Braun posted:

Sounds like you need to build some defense, Lar, if all of them kill you easily.

Not fair when Larry has to have Gruthkul's Pelt equipped at all times so he's able to see his character on the screen.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh that's very helpful, thank you. I'm almost at 115 bonus objectives and really have just been kind of throwing darts at a dartboard with my Atlas Tree

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stux posted:

i would much prefer the first option

For best of both worlds it should start as the second option, and then you can throw a scroll of identify at a monster and it changes to the first one

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Rejiggered my atlas to try and get the pack size bonuses and wow, it is a very significant effect lol. I love this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

QuantaStarFire posted:

As far as build viability goes, my RF Jugg does 440k Shaper DPS which is more than fine for comfortably clearing T16 alch-n-go maps and handled Exarch/Eater fine. Maybe that's just fine for RF though, maybe other skills would struggle at that level of DPS, no idea.

I would love to see a PoB if you've got one, I've been running RF Jugg and 99% of the guidance I can find online is for the Inquisitor version. Killed most of the non-ubers at this point but wiped out to Maven and Sirius -- I think I can handle them if I get the mechanics down right.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I know "it's Reddit' but there are some game communities on there that I frequent that are totally fine. But if you read the thread for this announcement, good lord, it's like every commenter had a GGG employee come to their house and kill their dog John Wick style. People are really mad at this game lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Arivia posted:

god i hate the kitava fight it's so slow

I loved it the first time doing it via the campaign but now I usually avoid maps that have it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

von Braun posted:

Playing the Trade Site and sitting in your hideout looking for items not very fun when you could idk play the game. :) Only caring about gaining currency is not very fun for a new player either.

Only caring about currency isn't fun but as someone else new it was cool to get my first Chaos Orb drop and think "Oh man I can finally get a Tabula Rasa" because in Act 3 what the hell are you gonna do with a Chaos Orb

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Elentor posted:

See you all in inferno

Lmao. What's your address and the code to your security alarm? So that I can try to accelerate you into the testing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I feel like they could just be lying about making a brand new Atlas tree for Ruthless because nobody's going to ever see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Elentor posted:

Are you insinuating I'm being scammed or

Not at all, I just thought Chris's tone sounded threatening