Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Deki posted:

Someone's not accounting for the massive +2 bonus from putting in a warlord's reach into that newly freed up socket :smug:
In all seriousness, I had no idea if 'melee strike range' worked on Cleave or not, and the most information I can find is here:

Range 1.2: Attack Range and Area of Effect Radius posted:

Attack skills that create an AoE anchored on your character, like Cleave, Sweep or Ground Slam are completely unaffected by attack range, except for a few skills specifically basing their AoE radius on it, namely Cyclone and Vengeance.
....which honestly leaves me none the wiser, since I have no idea if 'attack range' is the same thing as 'melee strike range' or not.
Because PoE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

goferchan posted:

It's crazy. And now I'm getting to the Maven and Exarch stuff, just blown away with how many mechanics they're throwing at me lol

don't feel like you have to understand it all, imo it's easiest to just pick one mechanic you enjoy and focus on that and pick it up like that as you go

J
Jun 10, 2001

Life: 6,000
Armor: 100,000
Spell suppression: 100%
Wrath of the cosmos altars clicked: 8

Someone who is good at the videogame please help me my character is dying

I can't stop clicking these loving altars they drop so much loot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

It's crazy. And now I'm getting to the Maven and Exarch stuff, just blown away with how many mechanics they're throwing at me lol

There's a reason that nobody is joking in the slightest when they say the campaign is just a really long tutorial lol

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mapping is when the real game starts

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

J posted:

Life: 6,000
Armor: 100,000
Spell suppression: 100%
Wrath of the cosmos altars clicked: 8

Someone who is good at the videogame please help me my character is dying

I can't stop clicking these loving altars they drop so much loot

Pro-tip: take the monster s have +life -dmg node to cancel out one altar before you even start (math not guaranteed)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

xZAOx posted:

Flask skill trees

Waypoint skill trees

Map device skill tree

....heist skill tree....lab skill tree.....

Currency skill trees :unsmigghh:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Devor posted:

Bandit skill trees

Those jokers teaching some unique skills/providing real support would be vaguely interesting.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

My favorite mapping feature using Doryani's Prototype is having a mob spawn instantly with a mana siphoner in it and I die before it renders.

Also, what modifier makes the poison dart trap sound when you hit it? It gets on mobs and owns me and I have no idea what it is or how to see it. It probably has zero visuals so you just get hosed.

Sylink fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 29, 2022

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Looking forward to skill tree skill tree. You have to path past the bandit point skill tree and the quests skill tree to get to atlas skill tree, which again unlocks all kinds of skill trees - uber bosses skill tree, map device skill tree, influence skill tree, etc. Or you can go grab the league mechanic skill tree which lets you unlock the skill tree for each individual league mechanic (the league mechanic skill tree lets you tailor how often they appear and cover generic boosts, the individual skill trees have mechanic-specific nodes)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
chris wilson says scarabs don't grow on skill trees, but maybe they should??

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Every item should have its own skill tree, with a disgaea item world style system being how you earn more points.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Deki posted:

Every item should have its own skill tree, with a disgaea item world style system being how you earn more points.

instead of fragments, you now throw monsters together to access boss fights. roll into The Formed and smash em all together and boom, Shaper spawns

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
A game mode where you build your own skill tree using droprate boosted clusters please

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That would actually be cool so it's not gonna happen

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

an iksar marauder posted:

A game mode where you build your own skill tree using droprate boosted clusters please

Please stop reading Diablo 4 design docs.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Please as if d4 is going to be that ambitious

nerox
May 20, 2001
PoE should just change to a pokemon clone where you are trying to catch archnemesis monsters. Captured monsters of course have their own skill tree.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So...Bestiary++?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Masteries changed into Mastery skill trees. These use Mastery Points that you can acquire from completing specific challenges. You still need to use a regular passive point to access each Mastery tree, and the tree's nodes change depending on which notable cluster you access them from. You can only access a given Mastery tree from one location at a time.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

boredsatellite posted:

The Paragon Board used for leveling post-50 in D4 does look like it cribs heavy from the POE skill tree, you can slot in different "tiles" and there's areas of influence and stuff

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

The Paragon Board used for leveling post-50 in D4 does look like it cribs heavy from the POE skill tree, you can slot in different "tiles" and there's areas of influence and stuff

Same vibes as when people told me FF12 Gambit Board was similar or different to FF10 Sheregrid. If you zoom out enough it is the same thing gently caress off telling me one has nodes with corners the other is orb. If you you zoom in enough you can see D4 is doing more complicated and powerful things but lmao it sucks poo poo compared.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
We need to Mario 64 this poo poo: a 3 dimensional skill tree

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
a new tree where for every 5 archnem mods you enable for spawning in your maps you can enable one god-touched

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

before we can implement all of these new skill trees, you need to place the lifeforce dispensers and connect them to storage tanks with pylons so that you can grow new skill trees

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
But in order to unlock those dispensers and pylons you have to combine items with certain fixed affixes together, with no indication whatsoever in game as to what mods produce what results.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
In Path of Exile, waiting for Godot, the player is tasked with combatting the void. By remaining stationary in designated waiting areas in each zone, you may unlock incredible challenges and rewards.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

External Organs posted:

In Path of Exile, waiting for Godot, the player is tasked with combatting the void. By remaining stationary in designated waiting areas in each zone, you may unlock incredible challenges and rewards.

:perfect:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

External Organs posted:

Path of Exile: Godot When?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

External Organs posted:

Godot will still be a less rare encounter than oshabi

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

External Organs posted:

lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

External Organs posted:

very easy to read in Chris voice

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

boredsatellite posted:

From what I saw of the leaks d4 is way more lost ark than anything else.

It’ll sell really well and probably be kinda poo poo and not really scratch the same itch as poe. I do not know how people are finding the faith to believe in blizzard again.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I still want to see a league with a base builder element. The tech is there!

Build up forts by recruiting random npcs wandering around in maps and placing furniture/traps/etc that provides various benefits.

Then use itemized invasion items to spawn an invasion and collect your loot. Difficulty and rewards are tweaked by your base layout.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Deki posted:

Build up forts by recruiting random npcs wandering around in maps and placing furniture/traps/etc that provides various benefits.

Then use itemized invasion items to spawn an invasion and collect your loot. Difficulty and rewards are tweaked by your base layout.

does the fort have a skill tree tho

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Deki posted:

Pictured: Path of Exile Forts league planner

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I do not know how people are finding the faith to believe in blizzard again.

D3 still feels really good to play. At least at one point in time, they knew how to make a good engine and support it with good art style, sound design, and animations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

From what I saw of the leaks d4 is way more lost ark than anything else.

It’ll sell really well and probably be kinda poo poo and not really scratch the same itch as poe. I do not know how people are finding the faith to believe in blizzard again.

Lost ark but with actual arpg itemization doesn't sound too bad. Not POE tier, but fun for mid league doldrums.

I enjoyed what I played of it until the endgame became Asian MMO grind time, and the idea of going to all the little islands to do miscellaneous quests to progress faster sounded like hell, especially when many had time limits or required items from other islands.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the D2 remaster is excellent but I think it was done under contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah the core combat gameplay of Lost Ark is fun, but I hate raids and severe grinds so I peaced out in Punika. D4 could borrow from worse games.