Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Char posted:

Has anyone any experience with Essence Drain? I just read the description and I might want to go ED-Contagion (Trickster? Occultist?), but sifting through the PoE official forums is not exactly easy for a noob and I don't get if it can be a functional build or not. Mind that I don't have the slightest idea on how the economy works and I wouldn't mind going SSF.

I'm following this build right now and it's really easy going through act 6 at least. I don't have a Tabula Rasa either.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Not sure how well it scales as you continue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've been following a guide that sets up ED as the main ability (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912723) and uses GMP + the passive pierce ring. It looks like that one leans on ED as single target damage and contagion for AOEing trash mobs.

I'm not sure which is better; I suppose I'll just keep going and switch later if it looks better.

Cool, do you have a link to that guide?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I get one-shot by Izaru in the final labyrinth. My resistances are capped, does anyone know what effective HP I should be going for if I'm running MoM?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Wuxi posted:

Chieftain can save Suffix space by scaling Cold/Lightning through stacking Fire Resistance, but has to get Life Regen and Life Regeneration Rate somewhere to get good sustain. Inquisitor needs to put a bigger emphasis on resistances, but gets all the sustain it needs for free.
On Inquisitor you absolutely want Corrupted Soul (either from Replica Soul Tether or a Glorious Vanity), but I pushed to 100 without it before, its not mandatory, just extremely good.
I'd put Inquisitor above Chieftain by a pretty wide margin if you want to get into t16s on random rares. Chieftain has no damage whatsoever and is entirely reliant on explosions.

Do you think Pohx's stuff on inquis is still the best to follow then? I've never played RF and I was going to follow his RF Chieftain guide, but now am leaning inquis.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

M. Night Skymall posted:

Pohx recommends RF Chieftain because he feels it takes less knowledge/effort to get the build to work well, it's hard to mess up, and RF is the beginner get you into doing real mapping content build. RF Inquisitor is better, for all the reasons people listed, and especially for people in this thread because if you are having trouble figuring out why your damage sucks or whatever you can just post in here and someone will fix you, not true for everyone.

Fake edit: To answer your question his inquisitor guide is good.

Got it, yeah I'm sort of a beginner in that last league was the first time I had played completed my atlas and was farming red maps and stuff. I was on lightning arrow deadeye but kind of want a more survivable build but without a two click rotation. RF and chill kind of appeals to me since I haven't tried it before.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

euphronius posted:

If you are just interested in spamming maps chieftain is way better
Why?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Burned all my white and yellow maps that I'd already completed but didn't see any of the divine or exact modifiers. Got one nameless seer on a white map but is was all trash uniques

Kind of frustrating because I'm not going to buy more maps in bulk for like 1c each just to do this thing that feels like an exploit

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah ggg gets ya by having frankly insanely cool cosmetics (and stash tabs) and I say this as one of those people who dgaf about cosmetics

They are great but also they make my computer crash. Particular in rogue harbor I crash every time too many players with their mtx are in the same instance as me.

Speaking of that, are there any guides or tips to getting the best fps without turning the resolution down? I just want to run at 1440p with my 3080 gpu which should be doable. I know a lot of it is cpu bound but I'd love to know what options will give me the best improvement.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I could use some help with my RF Inquisitor build:

https://pobb.in/5VEwtVNpXivB

I'm pretty new, started last league with a LA deadeye build and wanted something tankier this time. But I'm dying quite a bit in red maps and wondering where I can make the most improvement for the cheapest. It seems like chaos res is a huge weakness, but also I don't know how to drop the Kikazaru without losing all the regen it gives to swap to a ring with more chaos res.

I think the damage is decent, about the same as I've seen on the Pohx guide for this level.

Overall I'd like to invest around 5 to 10 div at most, once I do that I'll decide if I want to keep going with this character or make a new one with something better for bossing and other stuff maybe.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Wuxi posted:

You're missing a guard skill. Drop the stone golem and Blood Rage and get Cast When Damage Taken (lvl1) and Molten Shell (lvl10).
For the love of everything that is holy, get a Quicksilver flask.

Skill-tree wise you tried to do everything at once very early - Trying to fit a cluster, block and Malevolence into a lvl93 tree with mediocre gear will leave something lacking, in this case your survivability. I'd probably drop the cluster, plus the Shield mastery (you're overcapped on block anyway) and then pick up Prismatic Skin, Explosive Impact and Soul of Steel. You can absolutely drop Kikazaru, your regen without it isn't amazing, but its enough. Pick up Precision to fix your Dexterity.
Get an Amethyst with high chaos res and then work on your other rares, outside your helm and Ruby Ring they're all quite bad.
Honestly, you switched into Aegis way too soon. Whats done is done, but at your gear level a Saffells + Corrupted Soul would be way stronger

awesome, thank you for the detailed advice!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Item Class: Rings
Rarity: Rare
Brimstone Knot
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
+23% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
+170 to Evasion Rating
+39 to maximum Energy Shield
+73 to maximum Life
+47% to Fire Resistance
+42% to Lightning Resistance
+31% to Chaos Resistance
--------
Note: ~b/o 14 divine

Before I drop a ton of money on this, how can I tell if I can add the "-7 to non-channeling mana cost" mod to it? This ring is exactly what I need (minus the energy shield) but I'm worried it has too many suffixes and I won't be able to add a crafted mod.

If you're viewing this on the poe trade website there should be letters and numbers to the left of each affix like P3, S1, etc. which stand for prefix and suffix. I think that one is full and likely is PPPSSS in that order. The plus resists are always suffixes.

I don't know how it works on console, if you are in game on PC then you hold down alt to see the annotations. There's probably a similar option on console.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Eezee posted:

This is going to be a bit tedious on console because you are gonna need to get some scarabs, but there's a very easy way to get to 100 right now.

https://poeplanner.com/a/C8-
with
Domination Scarab of Teachings
Domination Scarab of Abnormality (skip this if you still don't have a 5th slot, but seriously you should really be able to do a t17 by now)
2x Breach Scarab

Skip Breaches and strongboxes until you activate at least 2 shrines and then go to town on everything. That should get you to 100 in a couple of hours with minimal danger. Beyond and Deli would be more XP but they are also a lot more rippy.

I've been trying it today but the breach and teachings scarabs have gone up in price so much I might look into how much the carries are because this would be spending a ton on scarabs for just level 95

What are good maps for getting good breach spawns near to each other? I've been doing Dunes and Jungle Valley

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 15, 2024

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

fknlo posted:

I think my brain has finally accepted having to buy gear.

I don’t care for the atlas map and the overall lack of guides telling me where to put points though. I understand why, but it’s still overwhelming for a new player. I’m glad there’s more than one.

How far are you into unlocking the atlas? I liked this site and a few of their specific guides:

https://poe-atlas.com/early-map-farming/

But really you can just experiment yourself or type your favorite mechanic into youtube with 3.24 and probably find an interesting guide.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I'm just going to pay someone to carry me to 100 I think. I got up to 2 bars of xp towards 96 today and then inexplicably died several times and it's all gone. gently caress this lol..

Buddy, you haven't even scratched the surface yet.

there's omen of amelioration but yeah I also feel like just paying for a carry rather than omen or all the components for the breach/ritual strat

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Also Omen of Connections are selling for 1 div so that's a guaranteed max, but the tainted fusings sounds more fun

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

That guy sold my ring to someone else :smith:

Kicking myself for not offering more than what he was asking. Back to ring crafting I guess. I really don’t like this league mechanic

it seems like you can make such powerful crafts, but instead of the input cost being currency its the time spent collecting all the corpses you need one or two at a time on the market? i haven't tried a proper end-game item craft, just some quick ones during the campaign for leveling

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this is an embarrassing question but I'm going to buy a mageblood for the first time since they are down to 100d on PC. Which implicit is most important to get a good roll on, just if I'm deciding between a few at that price?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Well, there's only one 1 implicit on the belt, so...

The flask explicit mod is the most important. Unless you can afford a 4 flask one right out the gate, buy the cheapest non-corrupted and Divine it. You can easily make up the resistances and if you can afford a Mageblood you can probably compensate for a low DEX roll if you need the DEX. After that, throw Enkindling Orbs at the flasks you're going to use for the increased effect mod.

Sorry yeah, I meant the modifier values on the various affixes. I guess if I can afford a 100 div mage blood i can use a few div for rerolls. Have never done that before lol

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Dude came back and sold me the ring. It's his first league so I gave him a few extra div because he was just startled that someone jumped on his listing so quickly. He's playing RF inq. Anything I can buy for him to help him along? He has no idea what he's doing and I dunno how RF works.

Also I don't die instantly anymore so I must be doing something right.

E: Going bananas with tattoos r/n

Oh sweet, RF inq is what I'm playing. I've just been following Pohx's pob and looking for the same gear on the 90+ and 95+ aegis swap (except for the mageblood now): https://pobb.in/n2lVmo5BoCYe

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Thanks to the funky economy this league, I am just about able to afford a Mageblood for the first time. How close should I cut it in terms of juicing down my currency? How many divines should I leave as a buffer to ensure I can roll 4 flasks etc?

I have plenty of alts and enkindlings to roll flasks (at least I think 1400 and 90 are enough...)

Also mildly annoying they jumped from like 96 to 105 div today after the patch, not sure if that's a temporary result of the patch or a sign of the market shifting.

I'm in the same boat, gonna hold off on buying one today to see what happens.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bawfuls posted:

last night when I logged off there were 5 or 6 listed by afk people at 99, so I figured it was as temporary patch day blip and I'd grab one today. This morning there's one at 109 and there rest start at 112

price receding from me like the horizon!

I listed my maps this way, I think it's working but hard to say. When I search the trade portion of Wealthy Exile for maps, I see my own listing and.... one other. Not very promising, which is unfortunate because it's a very easy way to list them for trade.

Yep I think mayyyybe there will be another dip in prime time tonight but I'm going to buy then

It makes me wonder if they was some secret strat that got hotfixed because two nights ago I was seeing like 8 magebloods at a time listed by the same person.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Setec_Astronomy posted:

It depends on the strategy and the map. I'm currently farming ilvl84 cluster jewels in T17's and manage to lose all my portals to a juiced up delirious Lycia maybe 25% of the time. The strategy still prints money because most of the profit is in cluster jewels that drop as deli rewards that you get for killing regular mobs. Killing the boss adds fragments and +1 deli reward so it's much nicer if you can do it, but having a 75% success rate is still very much good enough. Actually a 0% success rate would be good enough given the relatively low price of the cheaper T17 maps.

Just random newb question but how do you price cluster jewels? Do you try to bulk them them or identify/craft good ones? I don't really pick up jewels and am sure I'm missing out on some currency.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Setec_Astronomy posted:

The short answer is using this page: https://poe.ninja/economy/necropolis/cluster-jewels

The longer answer is that the majority of cluster jewels that you would drop in T16 maps are worthless, with only a few mid-value exceptions. You can see this by filtering the page above for "Level: 75" (because this is the largest level breakpoint below ilvl 83, which is what almost all T16-dropped cluster jewels will be).

ilvl 50-74 and ilvl 84 cluster jewels can be worth much more. The former are most easily obtained by 5-to-1 vendoring cluster jewels of the same size (large/med/small) and rarity (either rare or magic) where at least one of the jewels is ilvl50-74. This is probably a lucrative thing to do (drop a bunch of cheapo ilvl83 clusters and 5-to-1 them repeatedly with a single low level cluster) but would be very boring. ilvl 84 clusters primarily come from T17's and there are a bunch that are 20-50c and a few jackpots including the ~8d 3-passive reservation efficiency jewels which drop every 3-4 maps if you're juicing the strategy.

When valuing a cluster jewel, three things matter:
- The item level, as discussed above
- The "type" of the jewel (e.g. medium w/ projectile damage)
- The number of passives

For the number of passives, generally 9-10 passive large clusters are worthless. Certain 8-passive and 12-passive large jewels can be quite valuable depending on the other 2 factors. For medium jewels, 4 and 5 passives have the same value.

IDK much about crafting cluster jewels for profit but maybe someone else can describe some strats there.

super helpful thanks

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

If you go the CoC DD route lemme know, I'll give you my gear.

Forcing myself to be done with this league :v:

If he doesn't want it I'd take your gear, I'm in the same position but with RF inquis. I have a DD CoC alt right now but struggling to gear around yellow maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey if you still want the gear give me a shout and I can fling it your way, Bardeh has been MIA since I offered.

Yeah thanks! I'll DM you to coordinate