Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

whypick1 posted:

"I forgot this game even had a Mac port, who does that these days?"

I tried cause my GPU died but the mac client is actually a broken, unmaintained dumpster fire hiding behind a paper plate mask of function. Eventually you start seeing broken textures and infinite geometry that kills the game down to a 10fps mess. It’s pretty much unplayable once you get to maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

JamesKPolk posted:

This was my experience last league but the two before it, it was kind of okay? This league I get 50-60 fps most places, delve textures are a shitshow, and the floor covers my field of view in the bottom quadrant of the Eater arena

all on a M1 machine, the intel ones were garbage

Yeah I’m also on an m1 mba. I put up with it for a while because it mostly did okay but half the red map textures are busted beyond playable for me, as in literally blocking half the screen from view. In doing some googling it seems like the macOS build has been busted since at least April and nobody has any good workarounds while GGG barely acknowledges it.

Glad it’s working out for you at least, but I can’t recommend it. At least I picked a good league to miss until I track down a cheap 1080 or something to replace it with.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Can somebody give me a short idiots guide to raise specter/desecrate in relation to CoC/DD Inquis? I’ve only really played Ranger the other couple leagues I’ve picked this up, and this mechanic is a new one to me.

I’ve gathered that what I’m doing is basically building a little pool of dead enemies that Desecrate calls up just prior to the DD firing, but how does that pool actually work? Do I need to go repopulate it every time I log out/log in? Is it overridden by some other actions?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

euphronius posted:

If you bring your raised spectre (the ghosted mob) into your hideout it is saved to your desecrate pool even if you unequip raise spectre gem. This save will continue across log outs. The game will only save a number of distinct spectres equal to the number of spectres you can summon when you have raise spectre in a gem slot. Each of these saved spectres has a 15% of being summoned by desecrate.

Ah, the hideout step was what I missed. Weirdly convoluted but I guess I don’t know what else I expected from PoE. Much appreciated.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

victrix posted:

Coming into the league late

I'd like to try a build that actually has really good fullscreen clear, I don't think I've ever played something that could like, clear Legions efficiently or similar stuff

off the top of my head, something like Arc or Exsang seems like it'd work for that, however, I don't want dogshit boss dps for my initial atlas clear and general bossing

Since great clear + single target dps + tank is generally $$, are there any starter builds with great fullscreen clear and solid tank?

Don't want to play mines traps totems or minions.

Sounds like you want this league’s budget darling, the CoC DD Inquisitor.

https://pobb.in/ycBKx-WTk4gE

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Every time I play this I get a little bit further before I hit the wall of ‘I don’t understand why I’m dying anymore and none of it makes any loving sense’ and give up again.

T17 maps and drowning orbs sure are a load of goddamned bullshit. Maybe next time.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Yeah I tried my first one today with COC DD, was blazing through t16 maps no problem, 2 voidstones, capped res, etc. Smoked exarch, eater and elder no problem, feelin good.

Everything on that map either stun locked me until the drowning orbs did their instant kill, or just one shot me themselves. Between that, losing to Maven at the very end to shield charge just refusing to work and walking through AoE damage for a solid 5 seconds, and shaper just being garbage I’m real frustrated with this game today. May or may not bother to keep going at this point.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I decided to try swapping to the ‘tanky’ version of Rue’s coc dd and somehow it feels even worse than before. Seems clear I’m not getting something about this.

This is the pobb:
https://pobb.in/eJW1dnzUx5E9

This is what I’ve got:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VegastarLH/characters

Working on a shield craft to replace that mediocre thing, and I know my jewels need some more work, but I didn’t think I was in this bad of shape.

I’ve only got about 5div to play with at the moment, but even just understanding what I should be working toward would be a start.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Vulpes posted:

What is your problem - lack of DPS, or lack of tank?

Tank:
You're not using Divine Flesh which is the main part of the 'tank' of the build.
PoB is showing your chaos resist as only 67% (not sure if I'm missing something) which is a huge issue when it should be at least 83% (get a shield with +3 max chaos).

DPS:
You don't have any ICR, which is a big DPS hit. You can easily get to the 14% breakpoint with a 12% belt craft and a 2% jewel.
Get a bleed chance and poison chance tattoo to help boost Yoke damage
Clusters will help a lot, but you likely need to gain some more levels first.

Here's my PoB, it's a little higher budget than yours but not hugely, mainly just the addition of Awakened CoC. https://pobb.in/44XOnRjkVTFh

Tank is mostly the problem. I just spent like 5 minutes looking at that pobb trying to figure out what the gently caress divine flesh is before looking it up on the wiki. What an absolutely unhinged design.

I’ll go buy the jewel - I know I need a bit more chaos res in there, it’s on the ‘upgrading helm or gloves’ plan. Shield I’m working on, only takes 32 goddamned -elemental corpses to craft, so uhh -checks notes- only 28 to go.

Belts on the list somewhere down the line too. Living that slow, consistent life of selling harvest juice because I’m too stupid to figure out most of the other mechanics and how to squeeze value out of them.

Edit: what the gently caress are these sacrificed numbers and how am I ever supposed to have an idea of which is worth using? Also which jewel slot is this thing supposed to go in to? Pobb is less than helpful about that bit.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 18, 2024

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Are you doing all your build planning at pobb.in rather than in Path of Building Community? If so the time to switch over now (and the right time to switch over was the instant you started playing the game).

Path of Building has a Timeless Jewel search button on the skill tree page where you can search for mods that you want and get out the best jewels for a given socket. You can load other peoples' PoBs and see what stats they have prioritized and where they used their own jewels.

This is all assuming that I am way more competent at this than I am, if that helps put it in to context any. I think I must be using the wrong thing, I guess. The mechanics of this god awful jewel are so insanely overwhelming to me right now and I can’t wrap my head around how something so convoluted and poorly explained can be so critical to building this character.

Like, how bad is it going to go for me to just pick one for a div somewhat randomly until I can take the time to comprehend this clusterfuck? I just wanted to click on stuff until it dies.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Eezee posted:

Also going back to your initial problem. You are missing leech for fire damage as an Eldritch implicit (searing exarch)and you got the wrong Watchers eye mod. This is the one you want https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/v5RgLUE

You also don't have the brittle ground Eldritch implicit on boots (also searing), which is a big DPS loss. Also get a chance to poison and chance to blind tattoo for your yoke.

Yeah the eldrich stuff and my random jewel (which turned out pretty lucky, got a bunch of much-needed movespeed out of it) was a huge part of the problem. I was just rolling them as I got currency but bit the bullet and bought a couple hundred of each and fixed the poo poo. Things seem to be going better now, at least enough that I can work from here to get some real upgrades.

Still frustrating how much of this is so obtuse, but appreciate the guidance.

On a less ‘angry at video games’ note I think Delerious maps may be my new favorite thing. Hadn’t gotten around to trying one of these until now.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 18, 2024

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Vegastar posted:

Yeah the eldrich stuff and my random jewel (which turned out pretty lucky, got a bunch of much-needed movespeed out of it) was a huge part of the problem. I was just rolling them as I got currency but bit the bullet and bought a couple hundred of each and fixed the poo poo. Things seem to be going better now, at least enough that I can work from here to get some real upgrades.

Still frustrating how much of this is so obtuse, but appreciate the guidance.

On a less ‘angry at video games’ note I think Delerious maps may be my new favorite thing. Hadn’t gotten around to trying one of these until now.

Think I'm finally figuring this poo poo out and fixing this mess, which means I should be able to post this https://pobb.in/drq9FzJ9RtZR

Still on the list: finishing this loving shield craft. Only 26 more -elemental corpses to find :smith: They're going 4/1div on trade so I can't even reasonably afford to buy out the number I need to finish this drat thing. There's no way to focus specific corpses, is there? Didn't seem like it from the wiki, but knowing this game there might be some weird hidden mechanic that makes specific maps/enemies drop them more often.

New belt is on the crafting docket after that. Should be easier than the shield at least.

Still need to get the right Watcher's Eye, since I foolishly thought the 'damage taken as cold' mod was the thing I wanted and not the other one. Out of my price range ATM, sadly.

Bright side I might be survivable enough to make it to 95 finally. Fingers crossed.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Have you tested out whether you actually need that many -elemental corpses? Craftofexile will happily load you up on as many as possible in order to maximize your chance of success, but it has no concept of budget.

If you haven't already tested it out, try decreasing the number used and see if it materially affects your chance of success. You might find that you can run like 6 -elemental instead of 26 and give up .002% chance of success.

Dropping more than a couple takes the success rate from 2-3 to 5-6 pretty drat quick. The problem is that +max resist for the individual elements are tagged elemental + resist, while +2 max all resist is *just* resistance, so tanking those hard seems to be necessary to have a solid chance of rolling it, best I can tell. +resistance rolls also tag as elemental and all of that competes for a suffix slot.

Trying to craft a shield with +2 max all res, +3 max chaos res.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I see, makes sense. That's a pretty brutal craft!

Yeah, it had a couple spots left over at least so I'm throwing in a few fracture chances in there for another possible fail condition at least. Don't really want to do this one again, haha.