Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I'll take an invite to the guild if there are any openings.

Account name - WTFBEES
Character name - WTFCLAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Papercut posted:

This soulwrest Necro mostly just runs around, it seems like it would be good for console. Only thing is its dependence on uniques which I could see being hard to trade for on console.

https://youtu.be/OZRRFs-cWdA

I played this exact build in Delve and it was a blast. I made it through everything shy of Uber Elder and never quit running around like crazy. Would recommend.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Would someone smart at this game mind taking a look at my build to tell me if there's any hope for it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WTFBEES/characters?charactername=WTFDRAIN

I'm an ED Trickster followed exactly from this guide.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551

Problem is single target damage is loving miserable. And not in a "wahh I can't phase bosses" type way. More like I have to stop to Blight almost every single blue enemy above T10 and crusader fights go on for 20+ minutes.

In theory my next upgrade is a high end bow but I'm literally never going to raise the money for it at the rate I'm going right now.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Wuxi posted:

How do you guys always manage to pick out the absolute worst guides with pinpoint precision? Todays edition: EB/MoM Trickster without a Jade Flask. Calling itself "unkillable" and then uploading a 100ex+ endgame PoB with negative chaos resist, on EB/MoM

Drop EB/MoM. Probably drop Wind Dancer and Acrobatics too. Wind Dancer + Ghost Shrouds is cute, but ultimately too far out of the way. Get Arcane Surge linked with either Contagion or your movement skills. Drop Phase Run for Withering Step. Pick up Atrophy on the tree. Move into the templar area of the tree and pick up some health. This will tide you over for now. Buy some cheap ES bases you can use your defense seeds on to help you transition into CI or LL later on.

I mostly just pick whatever has the most detailed guide because lol at actually learning how this game works. I just want to click things.

Regardless, I'll take a stab at all that. It's probably worth noting I really don't die. The build really is legit tanky. It's just so goddamn slow I hardly want to play it.

Appreciate the help.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

WTF BEES posted:

It.....it works like that? Why did I think you had to have contagion up first to spread Ed??

Are we the same person? I just gave away all my ED/C gear because I didn't like the way it played and thought the same thing.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Wait, Tormented Spirits buff the things they put green flames on? Seven leagues into this game and I've never noticed those dumb ghosts actually do anything.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Magus42 posted:

Would league-starting Flicker Strike be dumb?

If not, recommended build? I've never done it and want to finally try it out...

I too am thinking Flicker Strike but have no idea how anything works in this game and would love a recommendation.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

whypick1 posted:

So a few people in this thread recommended Chronicon, which I picked up a couple days ago and...I'm assuming the game becomes something besides a boring slog at some point, right? I'm level 14 and I seriously think I'd rather do the Gauntlet again.

I played through the entire campaign with a completely unoptimized build and only used one potion the whole time (and even then, only by accident). Also I am bad at games.

I didn't not enjoy it, but I imagine it's better on higher than default difficulties.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I am excited about Sacred Orbs because there's a non-zero chance I'll have one drop and can trade it for something useful.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hamelekim posted:

Unless it's valued less than exalt, which it could be, in which case it won't be that great. I will still be nice to find one though, even if it's worth a few dozen chaos.

You underestimate how low my standards are. I get excited when Divines drop.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I just want to say KRANGLED is my favorite PoE thing, and I am so happy this league is leaning all the way into it.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

gently caress, i am 39042 in queue

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

WTFBEES posted:

gently caress, i am 39042 in queue

Just kidding, I crashed and am now 58924. :negative:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

whypick1 posted:

Maze of the Minotaur [which is a straight line and not a maze]

I had never thought about this before and am now disappointed.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

For anyone doing pohx RF, any idea what the shield charge setup is for? Seems to be superfluous when you've got Frostblink, and you could probably add something else in there instead.

I just use it to zoom around since frostblink has a cool down.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Ruggan posted:

For those of you playing RF, how’s it going?

I'm level 88 with Pohx's build and have about an Ex worth of gear (holy poo poo I am getting no drops this league). I'm into red maps but boy I sure am using all my portals and netting zero XP.

It's hard to say how much of my troubles are trash gear vs. the build vs. the Archnem buffs, but it's not nearly as smooth sailing as I was hoping for.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Never engage with crafting.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hey a new patch! Let's check it out.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1542306277103398913?t=DDGTbjT0qJNCNrkpGeaT3A&s=19

“The radius of Ground Effects from Map modifiers are no longer modified by increases and reductions to Map modifier effect.”

lol wtf is this game

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Sentinels were bad because those buttons were too far away and I never bothered to rebind them.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

There was talk earlier in the thread about Lightning Strike being dumpstered. Now some people are saying maybe not? GGG weighed in a bit here -

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/wm33rw/path_of_exile_lake_of_kalandra_patch_notes/ijx1qy4/?context=10

Does anyone know the mechanics of this crazy game enough to weigh in? I was thinking LS Berzerker for league start and now I don't know what to think.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

MMF Freeway posted:

When you use LS with a source of extra strike targets (ancestral call) you can hit them with the projectile attack of your first strike as well at the melee hit of the extra strike. That hasn't been changed, but apparently there was a bug that would cause a double projectile hit sometimes (would be a triple hit if it occurred with the usual setup) and that has been fixed. So not really a nerf

Rad, LS is on the list then! Unless the call of Flicker Strike pulls me away I think I'll be going that route.

Thanks!

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1559643002171445248

This sounds amazing but the highlight seems invisible?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Keru posted:

Higher res in the youtube, but it's still a very faint outline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm__SrLcvKg

Oh it's not the background highlighted. There's slightly more outline on the grid. I am baffled that anyone would go through the work to implement this logic only to do so very little with it, but good to hear they're improving the visibility.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Help me thread I am torn between Berserker, Champion and Raider for Lightning Strike. Melting things with Zerker sounds real fun but the tankiness of Champ would be great. Raider is probably somewhere in the middle?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3304969

A great many things are being discussed.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLATLF-VyQE

I think we've hit a new high water mark for how stupid the current state of the game is.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

whypick1 posted:

Because if I had this happen to me a third time the resulting outburst would land me in prison:

I have banished all my previous knowledge of influence and watchstone nonsense and these no longer mean anything to me. What's happening here?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I played Arma Brand for a whole league once and also never really figured out how brands work or reattach to other things. Just click on the bad things and rocks fall on them.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

No Safe Word posted:

Hey GGG announce the late-league events please, I have the itch to come back but not enough to like ... play Kalandra league.

Yeah, this. I'm hurting enough for more PoE that I played Torchlight Infinite yesterday.

Note - Probably don't play Torchlight Infinite.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I wasn't expecting the 2000 era NASCAR / PoE crossover but I am LMAOing all the same. Merry New Year exiles!

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Tiny Timbs posted:

If I don't like literally any of the league mechanics that made it into the base game can I do well sticking with mapping?

Like, I don't want to do or think about any of this poo poo. I guess the beast hunting one is ok because I don't have to leave the map and it's basically just a weird crafting bench.

Just do Breach, Abyss and Delirium. If you don't like those three you don't like this game.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I have no idea how to interact with Bestiary and at this point am afraid to ask. Einhar is just a bro that hangs out with me on maps sometimes.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Chiming in to show my appreciation for babby's first Wraeclast and to say you're doing a hell of a lot better than I did my first time around (or like 20th).

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I'm sure this has already been done better but I don't care.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I generally try and avoid the inevitable negativity around less good leagues, but I think I'm already done with this one. Crucible just isn't rewarding enough and I got enough psuedo-standard last league. It's a bummer because this game is so good when it's good and now I need to fill like 4 months until the next shot at it.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Divine Orb continues to be the most boring orb and not at all worth it's place in the economy.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Seriously, it's just a head.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hey what are you Ward Loopers using to start? I know the right answer is "another character" but I hate the campaign too much to do it more than once a league.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

The only surprising thing about frank frank dropping a mirror is that it didn't happen in his first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Frank Frank what did you do with your mirror? Allow me to live vicariously through you and your endless wealth.