Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Chaos trapper still viable? Last time I played, the conversion thingy got nerfed so it only converted to 60% or something but was still pretty good for maps.

If it sucks, what's a pretty decent map/lab runner for someone with zero cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Thinking about coming back for the new season.

Can anyone recommend a good starting season build that can go the distance? Ideally one that isn't likely to take a massive nerf or relies on 100's of exalted orbs to buy a piece of armour to make it work.

Is chaos trapper still a thing or did it get even more of a nerf? That build was a lot of fun.

Much appreciated.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any chance of an invite on Taitest

Thanks

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So torn between arc trapper and BF/Reave champ for my starting character. I don't know what to pick...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone recommend an Atlas/Shaping guide? So many out there that worried I might pick a bad guide.

Something about stopping at tier 9 or 10 and shaping good layout maps or something?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So I haven't played since 2.2 but I was thinking yesterday, how am I so loving poor? Then a goon earlier posted about forming a team to farm unid rares for chaos. I'd completely forgotten about that and had been dumping my rares randomly at vendors or on the floor instead of making a suit of it for chaos. Go me....

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I’ll pay a chaos for a goon to write up a map shaping guide. I watched some YouTube guides (all 20+ mins long wtf) and they just over explain it and confuse you even more.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Palladium posted:

I went in blind and started a new duelist dual-wield/cleave toon, but I lost most of interest in the game when I have to choose the between various permanent quest rewards in A2.

Maybe video games in general aren’t for you if you don’t like making choices.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

nerox posted:

Does the "Gain 10% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage" effect spell damage?

Also, can someone take a look at my character and kind of give me some direction as to what upgrades I should be going for? I am approaching T9-T10 and its getting a bit rougher.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/choppyesq/characters

Character is Choppy_Arcmines

I have about 200C to my name right now and for the most part still using my 1c-5c gear that I got to max out resists.

Purity of Flesh is well worth getting. Deep Thoughts and Herbalism are pretty good too. Could always put a shield in your off hand to help with the damage increase.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

I'm still fairly new to this game and I just hit endgame (I think) on my first character. I'm level 68 and have started doing tier 1-3 maps.

How should I be making money? I've got around 30c to my name, plus a bunch more alchemy / fusing / jewelers etc. So far I have been picking up rares and either identifying them and vendoring them for alchemy shards, or saving them unidentified for the 2chaos recipe. I have no idea how to figure out whether something I pick up is good or not, aside from looking up the prices of uniques that I find. Plus, I haven't really gone through the selling process. Is now the point where spending actual money for premium stash tabs would make life a lot easier? Or can people get by just fine without them?

Also, I'm using the standard neversink loot filter, and sometimes rare equipment will be large and bold and stand out, but other times they'll just be in tiny yellow text. I assume the more bolded items are better somehow, but what is the difference?

The bolder items generally will have something sort after such as a better implicit like spell damage shields or spell penetration maces. Or they have higher base ES/Armour/Invasion than other items.

I would buy a 1 quad tab, 1 premium tab, a bunch of standard tabs and all the specific tabs i.e. Maps. You don't need to do this but it makes life easier and quite honestly, GGG deserve the money. The quad tab is great as you can dump poo poo in it from a map and continue mapping and at some point, go through it rather than doing it after every map or two.

As for making money, this is going to come from hours (lots) spent playing and I'm sure other goons will way in.

Use your offhand to level up arc, BV, Enhance, Empower and/or enlighten gems. These are good sellers if you use a vaal orb on them and they get a +1. I would only vaal Arc and BV this league though and only if you have a lot of them kicking around. Otherwise, use them in a lvl 3 gemcutter's room in the temple. Basically, if you have 6 level 20 arcs, I would vaal orb 3-4 of them max and save them for temple.

Blue jewels with Life/ES/Mana and 1 damage suffix are worth regaling. Jewels with two stacking damage suffixes such as +x damage with 1h swords and +x physical damage are also worth a regal.

Boots/Helms/Gloves with 3 decently high resists and high Life/ES roll are worth something. Boots need a movement speed on them to be worth a lot.

Jewelry well there are a lot of combinations that can make money but basically a high life roll with 2-3 resists on can get a bit of chaos. The price ramps up depending on other stuff like spell damage, added phys etc.

Wands/maces with stacking damage mods on that go over 150% ish can be worth some if they have other stuff like crit multi or some socketed gems are supported by level X (that doesn't suck). Keep an eye out in the temple, esp the end boss. Some loving obscene mods can be rolled on there. Same with a level 3 restoration pool. That can drop some 100+ life armour which also has % to max life from a chest in there.

Spiral foils and 1handers will show up on filters soon for you. I don't know what makes those good so I can't help you with that. I've just skipped looting them but I'm sure I've prob left some 1 exalt 1hander in a map.

Level 3 treasure chamber i.e. vault room. Always always max that if you get the option. I also find getting level 3 in the workshop has a very noticeable difference in how much yield the vault has but I wouldn't take it over the expense of a corruption chamber for example.

Getting shaper items of a high ilvl. Some need 84 for certain stuff but spamming alts on them and going for a good mod and auging/regaling could net you some cash but it's crafting and it's a gamble.

Prob a tonne of other stuff people could add.

Tai fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 30, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does currency cop work with steam? I don't have a poe.com account so

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
loving LOL. I just linked my steam account to a new PoE account and it wiped out my characters.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Gaardean posted:

Contact support, they can usually have it fixed within half an hour.

Isn't it Sunday in NZ? Not holding my breath.

Edit - NM they already emailed me and fixed it. GGG delivers.

Tai fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 30, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

Lol 14 minutes between post and edit. This should go in the OP cause this is a great example of what kind of company GGG is.

Should also be noted that this was at 7.30 am Auckland time on a Sunday.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Don't worry, I play arc traps and I see people dropping guardians in 5 seconds and I have no idea how/why.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

What's the best movement option for an arc trap build when I eventually have to switch over to using a wand and can't shield charge anymore?

Could just stick to maces unless you are chasing a shimmeron. Some of the maces can have sick rolls on them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lightning resist mitigates shimmeron DoT damage I take it?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

I mean, I'm using a Brightbeak right now to level with and feel like anything slower than that on Shield Charge is just gonna feel gross and bad after getting so used to it. By the time I'm no longer able to instagib entire screens of dudes I'll probably be ready to make the switch to real gear anyway so it'll be like a fresh start.

But yeah thanks for the tips dudes, Lightning Warp it is.

Arc will insta gib red maps just fine with a Brightbeak. It will gib most bosses too. Just have an offhand damage switch for harder bosses.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

George posted:

How scrub-tier am I for using a hybrid flask with MoM!

A lot of people use them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The incursion loot system is sweet. Pick and choose what you want to pick up at the end.

Would be awesome to have that for maps. How you'd do it I have no idea. Maybe a pop up window while map portal(s) are open you can toggle and drag loot from that you want.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any recommendations on a build with high clear speed and Uber elder viable for flashback? Ideally one that is unlikely to be nerfed or receive minimal nerfs as I’ll probably roll it for the next league if it goes well.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

What is everyone's preferred filter for endgame / mapping? I'm using the default neversink filter and am at the point where there's getting to be a ton of clutter everywhere. Is there a go-to stricter filter for endgame?

Speaking of, do you all still do the chaos recipe when mapping? Or do you not bother. I've given up on trying to figure out whether random rare items are worth anything individually. Even if the filter tells me that it's a good base, most of the time it will still be worth <1c. So I have been doing the chaos recipe, but now that I'm getting into higher level zones I'm getting regals instead, and it's even more of a pain to try to find a lower level rare item so I get chaos.

I use the strict filter on never sinks.

As for chaos/regal recipe, yea I do it but I purchased a quad tab specifically for it as it got too much of a time sink using multiple tabs to sort it rather than mapping. I've found that I slam far more regals into good rares i.e jewels than before I had a quad tab and it has paid off many times over by not doing the recipe and do more maps but everyone has their own prefered method.

Will I do it as much next league? I dunno tbh. Incursions has made life 100 times easier with the big pile of loot.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Designed my own Phase Acro/MoM/Tri Hearld BV level 90 guy.

https://pastebin.com/3ndbzwwz

Thinking I might drop MoM and/or Mind Drinker (attack damage leeched as mana). The mana leech will save me having to shell out warlords mark on hit ring.

Anyone care to import to poebuild and critique? Only one jewel slot atm but that can be easily sorted if needed. As I said above, I might drop MoM for either more damage, increased skill duration or purity of flesh (more life and chaos resist).

This is just a skill build, no items, links etc.

General leveling path is rush phase acro then constitution.

Tai fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 31, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
OK thanks, mana leeched removed.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What’s the consensus on MoM BV vs non MoM?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone tried mathils chieftain BV build? Wondering how it holds up against elementalist tri hearld BV.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It helps but phase acro really helps. It isn’t usually picked up but it really is nice this league. CI helps even more. It’s fairly easy to get positive chaos resist to eleminate bonus damage, it doesn’t need maxing out. Aztiris promise flask gives a nice chaos resist hit.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

codo27 posted:

I tried the game once or twice but didn't like the viewing angle, and the slow pace. But my old best friend I haven't seen in 10 years just came home and we were talking about D2 and how bad 3 was and he was telling me how he has been playing this and all about it, and the cards and maps and poo poo. Just reading the OP. I think he was wise in telling me not to play it unless I want to burn a lot of time, of which I have precious little of right now.

Ehh kinda disagree tbh. This game is fine to fire up a couple hours of the week. 10 acts for a new player with little time will give you plenty of content. If you start mapping, then even more content is given to you.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

The Locator posted:

I have a question for people that play Blade Vortex.

When I watch the video guides, which are obviously at high level, I never see them stopping to recast, but the number of stacks stays steady'ish and even goes up at times, but when I'm trying to use it, I have to stand still every time I add a stack, and then they almost immediately start dropping.

How are the stacks maintained and cast without stopping like these dudes in the videos? Currently I kind of hate it because of how it plays nothing like the videos I watched on it.

I feel you! Trying out BV also atm and have wondered the same.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So is the new league announcement today (9th Aug 2pm PST)? I never know which time stamp they are using when they post.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any of the armour visuals you can buy that will help with delve and lighting?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Too brown

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That’s rather nice! I wonder if it’s helm sockets only or all socketss. Could get rather OP.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Devor posted:

So next Friday evening if you're in God's own time zone

Fixed that typo for you.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Light radius likely to be a thing in delve? Wondering whether to grab nodes that are very close by that have light radius just as Light of Divinity. Not saying that I'll go far out my way for them but curious if they are 1-3 away, would it be worth it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Obligatory get in the guild now and not on launch weekend post.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Saw 90 unread posts in this thread since yesterday and figured patch notes had been released a bit early.

Then I saw intranet arguing and I was sad.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Papercut posted:

gently caress I just realized I'm going to be without internet access for the first 48 hours of Delve 😥

Get a dongle

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I wonder how bad of a nerf the throw speed is for traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I didn’t think arc was OP really. It was just traps that made it so. I’m hoping traps haven’t gone back to dumpster tier again as I quite like the play style. The throw speed nerf worries me a bit. I’m hoping it’s not a stupid nerf to 1 second throw speeds.

E - also the incursion mods from the end boss made arc traps pretty good too without having to use shimmerons.

Tai fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 28, 2018