Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I've been using Easy MP3 Joiner for a couple months to combine old BBC programs, however I've come to the end of my trial and don't really want to pay $30 for a full version of it if there's a free alternative. Can anyone recommend a good free alternate MP3 joiner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

mp3wrap if they're all actually mp3 files. It's a command line program but it does what you want.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I tried downloading it and running the exe from this source but it didn't do anything, I hope I just didn't download a virus

surc
Aug 17, 2004

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Click the link on that page to download Audacity

Go here:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_and_updating_audacity_on_windows.html#winlame

Download and follow instructions to install the LAME mp3 encoder

Profit?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yes, if you have to gently caress with audio ever you should have Audacity.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I tried it out, it didn't seem to handle programs of about an hour and forty five to two hours very well. I emailed the company that makes Easy MP3 Joiner, they don't seem to be overly active now but it looks like they used to have big discounts in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Professor Shark posted:

I tried downloading it and running the exe from this source but it didn't do anything, I hope I just didn't download a virus

Did you run it from the command line? Like mystes said, it's a command line program, so you can't just double click the .exe and expect it to do anything. You have to run it manually from inside cmd or powershell.

• Locked thread