Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean we only have two threads that apply to non-veterans or non-mil-curious: dogge and CE, so sure, pop us up there and let our IKs clean house while the noise:signal ratio gets out of hand in both I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Has there been any thought to having different mods rotate into different sub-forums like when Gigi Galli did us a while back?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Actually yeah if we're in the top 5 Two Finger and I can mop up the rabble.

friendship regain with ebb

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I forgot to also mention that my squad leader's friend's uncle's commander knows for a fact that we're redeploying early.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh zeris you card

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Haha retards we'll always be in the back of the bus, we're america's welfare queen trophy minority, nobody actually wants to associate with us not even SA forums

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I mean I think the better solution is to look back at what happened to make gip what is is now instead of fyad lite. I think it was vasudus that started the trend of cleaning up gip? It was a loving mad house around the grover era.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Reverand maynard posted:

It was a loving mad house around the grover era.

:golfclap:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

SA Support Robot posted:

This is true. I'm just trying to figure out what buttons to push without crashing the servers.

Great. BRAC is going to move us from our convenient location next to TFR and TCC over to the bad part of town. Never seen that happen before. At least we won't end up next to D&D.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Ceiling fan posted:

Great. BRAC is going to move us from our convenient location next to TFR and TCC over to the bad part of town. Never seen that happen before. At least we won't end up next to D&D.

I didn't know you could gentrify a military base.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

SA Support Robot posted:

This is true. I'm just trying to figure out what buttons to push without crashing the servers.

alt+f4 :D

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SA Support Robot posted:

rm -rf /

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
sudo pkill -9 -v "SS-18"

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
code:
:(){ :|: & };:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

McNally posted:

I didn't know you could gentrify a military base.

It's been known to unironically happen.

At one of my assignments, base housing had recently been privatized, with a contract stipulation that if the occupancy levels dropped below a certain point (90% maybe?), "qualified" civilians could rent houses on base.

To qualify for residency, non-mil renters needed to pass background checks. We actually ended up with quite a few upper middle class families who were lured by the perimeter fence, military police patrols, and armed guards at the gate. The area around the base was fairly high-crime, so I can almost-but-not-quite see how base residency could be appealing.

Zeris posted:

... a "model" subforum where there's a range of debate tolerated without the meltdowns of other forums like D&D and GBS.

Have we actually had a good meltdown since Ralp lost his star and his dignity?

SA Support Robot posted:

init 6

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Trap sprung all you linux dorks loving outed.

Me as well

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Just lol if you don't build your own Gentoo to install on LVM over LUKS in order to host a Whonix VM. :rolleyes:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm more of a UNIX guy with my BSD installs.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Zeris posted:

Haha retards we'll always be in the back of the bus, we're america's welfare queen trophy minority, nobody actually wants to associate with us not even SA forums

I didn't see this and legit PM'd zeris about starting a new "Join the military" thread for our new spot in the top 5.

It's me, I'm the dumbest Gipper. I was a military lifer, and now I'm a goon lifer.

God. Dammit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Don't you mean Adonai

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

someone pls make me a fabulous and or lame AV

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Whoever bought this title for me lacked creativity. I appreciate the attempt to annoy me, but I never see it because I only really use the awful app.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ya I'm pretty surprised how low effort people's $10 goes

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

that's pretty loving lazy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nothing like that cartoon pile of poo poo I got for saying Nirvana was basically 90s emo. I think someone else bought something to replace that because they got sick of seeing it.

Or maybe it was bad mouthing Rush. Used to be pretty easy to piss people off talking poo poo about fossil rock.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Would you like me to Make It Right

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Six of one, half dozen the other. Sure, I guess.

I'm sure eventually I'll piss someone off and it'd be replaced with something lame and unimaginative, but I'll roll those dice.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
That's the trouble with the world these days, nobody takes the time to come up with a really spiteful title. It's a lost art.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's just not as prominent as it was years ago, but, dead gay forum and all.

:downsgun:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the only good titles are URL links to their melt down posts

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Reverand maynard posted:

the only good titles are URL links to their melt down posts

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Whoever bought this title for me lacked creativity. I appreciate the attempt to annoy me, but I never see it because I only really use the awful app.

It was me and it was free. I don't know how to do Images or Gang Tags, or else I'd have hooked you up.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It was me and it was free. I don't know how to do Images or Gang Tags, or else I'd have hooked you up.

BBCode my man. Same as posts. Can only link to stuff hosted on the somethingawful domain, so PM if you need an upload (digging up a previously hosted version also works)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Haha. Here I was hoping I pissed someone off with "the VA will kill manning." Because they will.

The VA will kill all of us someday.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Coming off a random 4-day.

Pros:
-Saw Blondie and Garbage
-had going away/farewell for a friend on a non-duty day, which is totes the way to do it

Cons:
-Fort Bragg
-I'm still in the Army

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Are we getting a 72 for labor day????

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

Are we getting a 72 for labor day????

gently caress no, you're detailed out to local parades. Muster in your company area at 0400.

No parades on Labor Day you say? Well then I guess the CSM's grass needs some TLC instead.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, sarn't, I'm gonna be a hundred miles away and drunk the entire time, so don't bother calling me.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm gonna go to Vegas and get married! Living in the barracks is such bullshit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm getting a 96 for Labor Day, but I'm TDY to a training command base in the middle of nowhere. Somehow, driving to OKC is my best option for the weekend. :smithicide:

• Locked thread