Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

A deployment haiku

For you, Shimazu
Left a dickbook in the TOC
No end of tour dec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

McNally posted:

I didn't know you could gentrify a military base.

It's been known to unironically happen.

At one of my assignments, base housing had recently been privatized, with a contract stipulation that if the occupancy levels dropped below a certain point (90% maybe?), "qualified" civilians could rent houses on base.

To qualify for residency, non-mil renters needed to pass background checks. We actually ended up with quite a few upper middle class families who were lured by the perimeter fence, military police patrols, and armed guards at the gate. The area around the base was fairly high-crime, so I can almost-but-not-quite see how base residency could be appealing.

Zeris posted:

... a "model" subforum where there's a range of debate tolerated without the meltdowns of other forums like D&D and GBS.

Have we actually had a good meltdown since Ralp lost his star and his dignity?

SA Support Robot posted:

This is true. I'm just trying to figure out what buttons to push without crashing the servers.

init 6

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm getting a 96 for Labor Day, but I'm TDY to a training command base in the middle of nowhere. Somehow, driving to OKC is my best option for the weekend. :smithicide:

• Locked thread