Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Someone else will get to drink from the poisoned Brexit chalice and life will carry on much as before, except that Brexit will make everyone a lot poorer

edit: The 120 Days of Sodom is the Marquis de Sade's breezy summer best-seller, first published in 1785 and a fixture on Tory bookshelves ever since

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

forkboy84 posted:

I see the Tories are really enthused by their leader's comments from Japan where she said she'll through to the next general election

Nicky Morgan, Grant Shapps, Michael Heseltine & her former Director of Communications Katie Perrior all lining up to say "nah, won't happen".

#prayformay

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

ultrabindu posted:

It's that or transfer deadline day, take your pick.

Christ, I'll no doubt have to face that too.

But they've successfully moved on.
They're now discussing a "Legal High Policy Rethink"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mehall posted:

They're now discussing a "Legal High Policy Rethink"
Our previous law was too lenient, and going forward we will address the root cause by banning nervous systems.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Guavanaut posted:

Our previous law was too lenient, and going forward we will address the root cause by banning nervous systems.
ripped from the headlines

COP TASERS REPLACED BY NERVE STAPLERS

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Gideon sticking the knife in

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/903209836556554240

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
On cue, 2/3rds of the front page:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

may could have just quietly sacked him but because she decided to tell him how she really felt about him he's now doing this lol

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Looks like Activate Britain - after posting sweet #memes and being exposed talking about gassing chavs - has relaunched with a new name a new Tory youth group with we promise absolutely no links to Activate Britain (see it even says on their bio) has launched today on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Our_Conviction

I mean, the name does sound a bit like a Netflix gritty documentary about a group of nonces who, for the first time, open up about their problem.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Ewan posted:

Looks like Activate Britain - after posting sweet #memes and being exposed talking about gassing chavs - has relaunched with a new name a new Tory youth group with we promise absolutely no links to Activate Britain (see it even says on their bio) has launched today on Twitter

I mean, the name does sound a bit like a Netflix gritty documentary about a group of nonces who, for the first time, open up about their problem.

The first words on the first video I see are "Jeremy Corbyn". They really don't get it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ewan posted:

They're just making sure they've got prior art so they get royalties when they're asked to appear on it.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Ewan posted:

I hope there's a new Tory grassroots group every week, each one more inept than the last.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Incy posted:

The first words on the first video I see are "Jeremy Corbyn". They really don't get it?

You can't talk about the positive aspects of your own side if there are none.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Incy posted:

Just giving the people what they want

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
https://twitter.com/Our_Conviction/status/902955084081979393

Good sign when your first ever tweet is swearing you aren't bigots

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Gum posted:

https://twitter.com/Our_Conviction/status/902955084081979393

Good sign when your first ever tweet is swearing you aren't bigots

Hey it worked for the non-racist libertarian UKIP.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting that they went for a logo that looks like a chain.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

"Our Conviction" sounds like a church youth club where they talk about saying no to drugs and sexual abstinence.

80% sure this is fake anyway (no website, logo looks like it was knocked up in 10 mins, no twitter friends or content output), but Jesus why are Tories so overwhelmingly bad at this?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Imo paedo documentary was spot on

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

winegums posted:

"Our Conviction" sounds like a church youth club where they talk about saying no to drugs and sexual abstinence.

80% sure this is fake anyway (no website, logo looks like it was knocked up in 10 mins, no twitter friends or content output), but Jesus why are Tories so overwhelmingly bad at this?

Yeah I'm on the fence. On one hand that stuff, on the other hand it looks like they already have a campaign video up which would be a bit more effort than what I'd expect from a fake. Wondering if they might be copycats

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I didn't know Nick Cohen now worked for the Sun.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Josef bugman posted:

they sound salty so this is a good thing for jam man

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Oh no don't throw Labour into the briar patch

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gum posted:

Oh no don't throw Labour into the briar patch

After the election even the dumber Blairites know that SDP 2: Electric Peterloo would get them massacred at the polls.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"This morning, those MPs have woken up to discover that Mrs May wants to go on and on — an announcement that appropriately came on a visit close to North Korea." lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Josef bugman posted:

Uhhh, that's clearly Flaps writing for The Sun.

jBrereton posted:

"This morning, those MPs have woken up to discover that Mrs May wants to go on and on — an announcement that appropriately came on a visit close to North Korea." lmao

Gideon is loving savage when it comes to May. He looked so happy on that one Andrew Marr show after the election. That must rank among May's biggest errors, not just sacking Osborne, but plunging the knife straight into his chest while looking him in the eye & telling him he's rubbish. Granted, she couldn't have guessed he'd get to be a newspaper editor but him going this rogue is hardly shocking.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 31, 2017

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The thing she forgot is that evil people have a great work ethic and will somehow someway take revenge.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Which is kind of unforgivable, considering she is also an evil person.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

forkboy84 posted:

Which is kind of unforgivable, considering she is also an evil person.

Yeah but she's also an idiot.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
her cardinal sin is arrogance, which Gideon has plenty of practice with

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Pesky Splinter posted:

Looks like Brexit is going superwell.

Short version; as people in the thread predicted, the EU is being blamed for not accepting purposely vauge terms and impossible demands, being accused of inflexability for not immediately accepting them.

It's almost as if his go-to defence is blaming Brussels for his party's failures and simply can't imagine a reality in which he's simply seen as a whining idiot.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The history of the Tory party 2015-present should just read "Be Careful What You Wish For"

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

feedmegin posted:

After the election even the dumber Blairites know that SDP 2: Electric Peterloo would get them massacred at the polls.

I doubt it was ever a serious concern. For all their incompetence they at least seem to understand that they would be nothing without the Labour name

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Daily Mail on the ball as usual.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Clocked a bumper sticker on the back of taxi in Portmouth saying "A child is for life, not just for benefits" and well, we're there now aren't we?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 31, 2017

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielJHannan/status/902268233423740929

I'm not really seeing the problem, Dan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I mean, I love blues, jazz & music derived from those music forms but not sure they were really worth the enslavement of millions & the genocide of others.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Hey man if you wanna make an omelette you gotta brutalise millions of africans for centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Christ alive, every time I see an argument like this a few more of my brain cells kill themselves.

• Locked thread