Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Someone needs to get to it earlier for these drat threads

For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about FOOD, COOKING, how much alcohol we use to flavour our dishes (There was a distinct increase in alcoholism last month), you loving nerds go on about the latest chef gaming and the latest meat tenderising doohickey oh god I'm going to die drooling at the smell of the meat smoking, where it's finally time for kangaroo in Australia and rattlesnake in the asscrack of Satan aka Arizona and Toplitzen prepares great slabs of meat, Gordon Ramsey fan fiction and shipping Nigella Lawson and one of the spoons, STR occasionally slams taco bombs while NM infects our minds and sends us all to Goons with Spoons - leading an army of AI cyclists to slaughter kale and chicken, WE DONT TALK ABOUT MCDONALDS, cry over spilt hot sauce, wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt eaten a baseball bat, we post food pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large Kitchen and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Whirlpool four burner gas stove while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite (except into juicy fruit) and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

Me? Im patial to sate. The kind that tastes sooooo good but ive minutes later WHAM you suddenly are on fire

Metric Cups

½ tablespoon peanut oil
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 small red chilli (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
2 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy)
1 can coconut milk

Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic, onion and chilli over a moderate heat until onion is soft.
Add the sugar and stir until slightly caramelised. Add the soy sauce and peanut butter and stir through.
Add a little coconut milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
Tastes best served immediately but also refrigerates and re-heats very well.

And yes I think Nigella Lawson is hot. Sue me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I've recently started grilling corn on the bbq after spraying it down with oil and putting hella spices on it. Changed my life.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

whos this bimbo sheila

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

croikey

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
No, this is the cooking thread. The chat thread is over here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828653

I need to have some haggis. Not had it for ages.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh jesus christ

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol "The Mooch" has already been fired.

Jesus.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

and :rip: Sam Shepard :(

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Just how many politicians can he burn through before no one works with him? Stay tuned to find out!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I prefer my meats smoked with my cheater pellet smoker. I smoked 13 pounds of pork shoulder this weekend and two chickens. I ate well AI.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
We cooked some fajitas tonight. Slammed that poo poo down, now drinking a hefeweizen. It was a good birthday.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

You Am I posted:

lol "The Mooch" has already been fired.

Jesus.

this is how retards make america great again

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"I know all the best people"

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Last night I made prawn linguine and roast veges. It was great.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is this the part where I post pictures of my microwaved dinners from the frozen section but present it in such a way that I did a lot of work on my meal

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The arrangement of shrimp on that plate is ridiculous.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Doesn't everyone think Nigella Lawson is hot?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Uhhh, I made a cast iron skillet pizza last week and it was pretty good.

Also I saw this dude the other day and it was awesome.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
First to post an engine cooked meal wins the thread?

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I can't say I've ever properly cooked a meal on an engine but I have warmed up a pasty or two (with rutabaga) in an engine bay.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

angryrobots posted:

Hoons with spoons

Goddamn it why didnt I think of that for the thread title

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tonight I served my wife some Norwegian kjøttkaker (meat cakes) I had made and when I turned around Rascal had eaten the ones left for me so that was really sad

I had stuffed them full of this Norwegian cheese that is hard to get here and idk why rascal decided to pick up counter surfing tonight of all nights but I guess they were pretty good so

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Holy fucke I need either a tabletop scanner or a new phone. Took me 45 minutes to photograph 12 pages of homework because my loving camera wouldn't autofocus. Just barely got the poo poo submitted in time.

UGH

(I use my phone to scan handwritten homework to pdf and upload it for submission)

E: Anyway, now that the adrenaline's subsiding. I'm definitely going to pass vibes (even if it is with a D...), doing good in coding class, I'm razor edge on being able to drag my kinematics grade up to a D with the final. Might talk to my profs in vibes and kinematics to see if they'll let me make up the homeworks I straight up missed due to freaking out over my sister's health and not being able to focus as a result.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 1, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
[quote="CAT INTERCEPTOR" post=""474910511"]
Me? Im patial to sate. The kind that tastes sooooo good but ive minutes later WHAM you suddenly are on fire

Metric Cups

½ tablespoon peanut oil
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 small red chilli (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
2 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy)
1 can coconut milk

[/quote]

Needs 1Tbsp lime or lemon juice, or rice vinegar to balance out the sweetness. Also 1 tsp fish sauce because it's awesome, also 1 Tbsp red curry paste (for the shallot, galangal, ginger components, but also saves you on getting heat from needing extra chillies) :D

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 1, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i also enjoy food and looking at Nigella's cans

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nigella's cans need some mid-region waxing and/or a time machine that goes back to 1992. Or both, it's hard to say since this completely not weird gigantic huge picture of some broad in the car thread in the year 2017 is only 5 megapixels.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nigella's cans need some mid-region waxing and/or a time machine that goes back to 1992. Or both, it's hard to say since this completely not weird gigantic huge picture of some broad in the car thread in the year 2017 is only 5 megapixels.
I'm confused. Are you saying her boobs need to be more shiny? :psyduck:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
big veiny droopers

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

But enough about CSB's cock

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Holy poo poo, coming back to 'merica after driving in Europe is painful, especially on the highway. We are terrible in comparison.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This thread is 8 hours later than the original august chat, whats the deal? Mod abuse but unironically.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt been reprogrammed with a baseball bat

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
This one had a better OP, dawg. Now chill out and grab some meat.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its the same op every month though.

the meat that you can grab is located on my person :cool:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So if I make an even better august thread you'll close this one?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Nah that's too much work

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

If it's really good, and about cars, it can stay as a regular thread though! You should try that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats problematic

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gl beating an aussie at being first to something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org