Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lalalalalala i cant hear u lalalalala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The other thread has better dog comics imo

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Cage posted:

It happened though.

Bad OP, didn't even have the month in the name. 0/10. Beep boop hope this computes mr batting robot

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I can't argue with that. It did have better doggo comics.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Bad OP, didn't even have the month in the name. 0/10. Beep boop hope this computes mr batting robot

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 1, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is this the part where I post pictures of my microwaved dinners from the frozen section but present it in such a way that I did a lot of work on my meal

Not emptyquotin'

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

This one had a better OP, dawg. Now chill out and grab some meat.

Don't mind if I do. :quagmire:

Two months late, this whore is finally done. Thanks for losing my poo poo usps!

b/t radio + power bank + flashlight.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Adiabatic posted:

I would argue that it did, if you could read and use your brain, but I guess that's what the chat thread is about you 'murica hating something something so and so. not serious mod-sass

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Has anybody here worked for Apple? What's it like? Any positive/negative experiences?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
So they put the wrong goddamn stone on the front of the house that I'm having built.

My wife is never going to let me live it down.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Singular? Like a 400t boulder?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

So they put the wrong goddamn stone on the front of the house that I'm having built.

Not your problem. As long as you specified the stone, they get to eat the cost of making it right.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

Has anybody here worked for Apple? What's it like? Any positive/negative experiences?

hello

the corporate culture is changing for the negative thanks to the new leadership

you get to make lots of money and you get to work with some really smart + cool people though

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

cakesmith handyman posted:

Singular? Like a 400t boulder?

In masonry do they call it stones, plural?

keykey posted:

Not your problem. As long as you specified the stone, they get to eat the cost of making it right.

I'm not worried about paying for it, but the kicker is when we went by the house the stone was in a big crate with the type of stone written on the side.
Whatever was written on the crate, did not describe the contents apparently. Wife said "is that our stone?" I said, "well it's written on the side." and that was the end of it.

...Until now.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

In masonry do they call it stones, plural?

Don't know, was joking weakly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dagen H posted:

Not emptyquotin'

see also: my saturn threads

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Got a line on a 91 MR2 turbo for $1500 trying to decide weather or not to pull the trigger on a project car to share/teach the kids. Someone talk me out of/into this bad decision.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
oh hey look food!

http://i.imgur.com/QHxZb5n.mp4

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

there's some fuckin sad chicken and waffles in that picture set

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

there's some fuckin sad chicken and waffles in that picture set

Both were Diners.
One of them I had to order 3 separate dishes and combine them, because for some loving reason they don't sell chicken and waffles; just chicken, waffles, and chipped beef gravy. NOT EVEN SAUSAGE GRAVY!
For real though. They were fuckin good.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
that is some sad looking food

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the corporate culture is changing for the negative thanks to the new leadership

you get to make lots of money and you get to work with some really smart + cool people though

Can you give examples of how it is changing for the negative? The position I've been tapped for, which I haven't even said yay or nay to an interview yet, is overseeing Apple store operations within a given region.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:shrug: I would 100% eat all of the food in those photos.

keykey posted:

Can you give examples of how it is changing for the negative? The position I've been tapped for, which I haven't even said yay or nay to an interview yet, is overseeing Apple store operations within a given region.
Sounds like a kool-aid keg-stand, my friend.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The oysters and brisket look good

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

scuz posted:

Sounds like a kool-aid keg-stand, my friend.

I'm fully aware of Apple being the kool-aid of manufacturers because customers buy "the lifestyle" instead of the product, but I'd be on the pushing the kool-aid side of things to be sure reps and employees push the same happy horse poo poo. Basically, I'd be the numbers.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Reading this thread before dinner produces a unique anxiety.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Except for the worms 'n' chives bowl, every one of those food pictures individually constitutes the number of calories I eat in any 3 day period as a 210 pound grown adult man who works out daily, and that's including alcohol (which makes up 79% of my caloric intake)

Congratulations on your trip to the midwest/south!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
ITT a confounding number of food snobs

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

scuz posted:

ITT a confounding number of food snobs

Some of us care about the things that are shovelled into our goony faces, ok?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just really like chicken and waffles

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

oh hey look food!

Not enough of your meals feature cheese. Try harder

fridge corn posted:

big veiny droopers

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Tomarse posted:

Not enough of your meals feature cheese. Try harder

:devil:

Srs talk though:
I had to cut out a lot of cheese from my diet. It was making me all bloaty and poo poo, not to mention fat.
I cut out the cheese and I can drink twice as many beers and still burn it off.
Milk is alright though. It only makes me gassy about half the time.
Cream / buttermilk though... completely fine. :shrug:

I'd probably have to go back more than a month or so to find pictures of a significant amount of cheese.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Except for the worms 'n' chives bowl, every one of those food pictures individually constitutes the number of calories I eat in any 3 day period as a 210 pound grown adult man who works out daily, and that's including alcohol (which makes up 79% of my caloric intake)

Congratulations on your trip to the midwest/south!

VA is for biscuits.

giggity.

Alright I'm going home now. But before I leave I will make one recipe recommendation for y'all:

Bo Ssam (browse incognito or use adblocker to get by annoying login)
or just go here: http://luckypeach.com/recipes/momofuku-bo-ssam-david-chang-recipe/

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 1, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

Oh holy poo poo dude

Uh I'm going to pm you

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn.. read the fine print, you idiot STR. Was wondering why the gently caress my electric bill seemed to go up after getting a new HVAC system.

... $65 fee if I use under 1000 kWh/month. I used 993 kWh last month. :fuckoff: This month will be a bit higher in use, but goddamn, why do I get to pay extra for conserving energy? :argh:

Tried to call to switch rate plans to one that's geared more toward my (much lower) usage, but apparently that's "the advanced billing department, they went home at 5pm".

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

gl beating an aussie at being first to something

I hear that a lot about Aussie guys, mostly from their non-Aussie GFs/wives.

:rimshot:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 2, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn.. read the fine print, you idiot STR. Was wondering why the gently caress my electric bill seemed to go up after getting a new HVAC system.

... $65 fee if I use under 1000 kWh/month. I used 993 kWh last month. :fuckoff: This month will be a bit higher in use, but goddamn, why do I get to pay extra for conserving energy? :argh:

Tried to call to switch rate plans to one that's geared more toward my (much lower) usage, but apparently that's "the advanced billing department, they went home at 5pm".

I hear that a lot about Aussie guys, mostly from their non-Aussie GFs/wives.

:rimshot:

It's a race and I win, every time.

not an Aussie

slothrop fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 2, 2017

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

With it being Texas I would assume state law mandates a tax on anyone guilty of not engaging in conspicuous overconsumption.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

slothrop posted:

It's a race and I win, every time.

Yeah but uh... being first isn't exactly desirable in this race. :v:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Went and saw atomic blond, was pretty sweet. Strangely, a group of four young people got up and left fairly early on when Charlize was getting it on with another girl. and yes, there is nudity, and Charlize Theron nudity, and I just don't understand how someone can be upset with that.

jamal fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the food thread is no place to talk about tittays bro.

• Locked thread