Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsernal loving suck and I am ashamed to be a fan of this nose diving train wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

T Bowl posted:

Arsernal loving suck and I am ashamed to be a fan of this nose diving train wreck.

:same:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
They'll turn it around by the time we face the Chels in a few weeks. Let's just have fun guys I mean it's just a game :kiddo:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

quiet enjoyment posted:

They'll turn it around by the time we face the Chels in a few weeks. Let's just have fun guys I mean it's just a game :kiddo:

Mods!

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

quiet enjoyment posted:

User name post combo made me chuckle

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I love that the "as long as we're making money everything is ok" mindset at Arsenal that started in the boardroom has taken hold in the dressing room.

Tho it makes it even more upsetting that Chelsea lost to them twice in a row

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Arsenal to finish outside top 6? Top 7?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Arsenal to finish outside top 6? Top 7?

we're going to turn it around

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's only 3 games in, I wouldn't get too crazy yet. They seriously need to have one or two more big signings though and go ahead and let Sanchez go...

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

T Bowl posted:

It's only 3 games in, I wouldn't get too crazy yet. They seriously need to have one or two more big signings though and go ahead and let Sanchez go...

Wenger will panic buy a 19 yr old center half from a championship side and call it good. Book it.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i think the band-aid needs to be torn off and arsenal should have a firesale

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

3 days left, no CL, lots of expiring deals for talented but disinterested players, I dunno man. Seems like a rough year coming. Who is out there for them to buy exactly?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

I really wish they had tried to move Ozil and Ox at the start of the season and tried to re-shape the midfield. But it's August 28 and we're probably looking at two panic buys at best.

Also imo whatever they do in the market they'll start to pick up some wins. They won't be good but they're not actually going to keep losing the majority of their games.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Depends on how much effort the players put in for the manager. Sunday sure seemed to be gently caress all so they might put a token effort here or there, but I wouldn't be confident in a consistent effort in the league. Cup games might be a different story. Who knows at this point. There are still a bunch of players to be rid of as well.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Sell everyone, sack Wenger, play the U18s all season.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Has Cazorla played his last game for Arsenal? He is projected to be healthy again in APRIL... I see a Mertesacker type thing happening where maybe he gets a game or two near the end but otherwise I mean at his age he's crocked I'd assume.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Has Cazorla played his last game for Arsenal? He is projected to be healthy again in APRIL... I see a Mertesacker type thing happening where maybe he gets a game or two near the end but otherwise I mean at his age he's crocked I'd assume.

April is a lot later than anything I've heard.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
He was predicted to be back training around December/January, assuming the witch doctors Arsenal employ don't turn his legs into dust.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Last I heard there wasn't a return date. He's done.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Arsenal supporters need to give up on the idea that Cazorla will suddenly come back and fix all the midfield issues.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

Arsenal supporters need to give up on the idea that Cazorla will suddenly come back and fix all the midfield issues.

Over my dead body.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shoren posted:

Oh that's been out of most of our heads for about a year... I was just asking if anyone thought he'd ever play again.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

wicka posted:

Over his dead body.

Fixed

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
hes named Santi for a reason

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I predicted a Mitro goal and red card and I've got it pretty bang on since he's just been banned for 3 games

loving retard

Signed,

A loving retard

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Lanzini was deliberately only 4'3" and ran into Mitrovic's elbow

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
the transfer thread is closed already, but this just happened
https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/903414617627656194

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

the transfer thread is closed already, but this just happened
https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/903414617627656194

Late window drama.

Apparently the rule is that if the deal is submitted before the deadline it doesn't matter if it's finalized after.

Reported to be £30m.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Thank god the transfer window is closed. Now let's get to some foot...oh international break :(

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The club that I follow is the laughing stock of international football. Please post your worst.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

The club that I follow is the laughing stock of international football. Please post your worst.

https://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players

Even their photographer is bad.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shrapnig posted:

Late window drama.

Apparently the rule is that if the deal is submitted before the deadline it doesn't matter if it's finalized after.

Reported to be £30m.

BBC seems to think it's around 35m. Sad to see him go, it's not a bad fee, but I really hope this Silva deal pans out cause otherwise Leicester's central midfield options total 4 with 1 injured.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Niasse's move to Palace is off. That sucks. It sounds like the guy was pretty miserable under Koeman.

https://twitter.com/DaveHytner/status/903407590553636864

I think Sakho made it just in time, though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah Sakho deal is official. 26m pounds. Him and Benteke are the 2 highest transfers in their history cementing Liverpool as a Palace feeder club.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/903422403321188353

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

I'm still really melting down about this. Arsenal must have known at some point before the last week of August that half of their squad wanted to leave and that Alexis, Ozil, and Ox weren't going to sign extensions. They could and should have cleaned house and tried to rebuild the squad into something that might become decent in a couple years. As it stands Arsenal will lose their two best players next summer, and ten first team players could have their contracts expire by the end of next summer, not including a few players who we actually know want to leave. It's a catastrophe, and it's shocking that the club ever let it get to this point.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm still really melting down about this. Arsenal must have known at some point before the last week of August that half of their squad wanted to leave and that Alexis, Ozil, and Ox weren't going to sign extensions. They could and should have cleaned house and tried to rebuild the squad into something that might become decent in a couple years. As it stands Arsenal will lose their two best players next summer, and ten first team players could have their contracts expire by the end of next summer, not including a few players who we actually know want to leave. It's a catastrophe, and it's shocking that the club ever let it get to this point.

Just do what Newcastle did. Get relegated and fix your poo poo in the Championship.

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman
Under Kroenke, from this point forward Arsenal will never finish higher than 5th

and why would he care? It's not a football club to him, it's an investment he bought to make money. The upheaval and outlay needed to win the league at this point is now so great it would make no financial sense. He will absolutely not compete against oil sheikh vanity projects fuelled by endless piles of sovereign wealth.

Wenger will now manage the club until he dies in a desperate attempt to salvage his legacy. This is also perfect for Kroenke, as it means the team will continue to trundle along in profitable, stable mediocrity. Arsenal are the old Everton and Wenger is the new Moyes

Arsenal Football Franchise

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chillao posted:

Under Kroenke, from this point forward Arsenal will never finish higher than 5th

and why would he care? It's not a football club to him, it's an investment he bought to make money. The upheaval and outlay needed to win the league at this point is now so great it would make no financial sense. He will absolutely not compete against oil sheikh vanity projects fuelled by endless piles of sovereign wealth.

Wenger will now manage the club until he dies in a desperate attempt to salvage his legacy. This is also perfect for Kroenke, as it means the team will continue to trundle along in profitable, stable mediocrity. Arsenal are the old Everton and Wenger is the new Moyes

Arsenal Football Franchise

It's nowhere near that simple. Kroenke doesn't care about profitability, he cares about the value of the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

gently caress off with transfer talk

• Locked thread