Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

gently caress off with transfer talk

It's not transfer talk, it's talk about how arsenal are poo poo, which is at least 75% of every perm thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm really not sure how much blame for this can be attributed to Kroenke. As far as I can tell he basically lets the club do its thing. He doesn't take (much) money out or put money in. The only real decision I've heard of that was attributable to him was keeping Wenger on, which obviously sucked. I don't get the impression he cares about player purchases and sales as long as the club isn't posting losses, which it is not.

This summer probably comes down to Wenger and Gazidis. Wenger was the one who made the squad unsettled, and however transfer responsibility is divided between them, they would be the ones that knew the squad was unhappy and that players weren't going to sign extensions. I have to assume they were the ones to decide not to try to sort it out until the end of August.

So what I'm saying here is burn Arsenal to the ground.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm really not sure how much blame for this can be attributed to Kroenke. As far as I can tell he basically lets the club do it's thing. He doesn't take (much) money out or put money in. The only real decision I've heard of that was attributable to him was keeping Wenger on, which obviously sucked. I don't get the impression he cares about player purchases and sales as long as the club isn't posting losses, which it is not.

This summer probably comes down to Wenger and Gazidis. Wenger was the one who made the squad unsettled, and however transfer responsibility is divided between them, they would be the ones that knew the squad was unhappy and that players weren't going to sign extensions. I have to assume they were the ones to decide not to try to sort it out until the end of August.

So what I'm saying here is burn Arsenal to the ground.

Well he overruled Gazidis in extending Wenger's contract, and this all ultimately falls on Wenger's shoulders (since he runs everything), so...

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

Well he overruled Gazidis in extending Wenger's contract, and this all ultimately falls on Wenger's shoulders (since he runs everything), so...

Yeah, like I said. But people talk about him as though he's actively interfering in Arsenal not making signings and not spending money. That's true insofar as he continues to employ Wengy, but I don't think there's anything beyond that.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
I'm lolling, Robbie

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

It's not transfer talk, it's talk about how arsenal are poo poo, which is at least 75% of every perm thread.

Can they have their own thread, maybe a gold star avatar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Talk about your teams, then.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
What happened to all the Southampton fans?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Brony Car posted:

What happened to all the Southampton fans?

Nature has taken its course and they're all Liverpool fans now.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Shoren posted:

Nature has taken its course and they're all Liverpool fans now.

We gladly welcome all 7 of them.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What is a cool and good team that isn't Arsenal, who are poo poo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

triple sulk posted:

*checks league table*

Huddersfield Town.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah, like I said. But people talk about him as though he's actively interfering in Arsenal not making signings and not spending money. That's true insofar as he continues to employ Wengy, but I don't think there's anything beyond that.

I think there is something there, at least Josh Kroenke in Wenger's ear advising what can and can't be done. That's the problem, Stan keels over tomorrow and we're still not free. Don't get me wrong I'm sure Usmanov is a horrible dodgy bastard with plenty of human blood on his hands as opposed to animal blood, but he would actively spend big.

That said and done I don't it's impossible for the squad we have now to challenge for top 4, just need the right manager, tactics and motivation.

Playing a back 4, there's no reason a defence of Kolesinac, Mustafi, Koscielny and Bellerin with Cech in goal should be completely terrible. Up front Giroud and Lacazette aren't terrible either. Iwobi has promise although Wenger could easily snuff that out, I still believe Ozil could have a great season if the system was properly fit to accommodate him.

There are issues with the squad but one long term issue that has always irked me is Wenger being unable to get solid squad players: he always had a decent 11 and then liabilities. The reason United under SAF were so dominant was when a first choice player was injured, they could bring in a solid squad player who had a poo poo load of medals and experience. No one would say Wes Brown or John O'Shea were the best players at United but they were competent when called upon, the best example of this effect was that absolute joke of a team Fergie fielded against Arsenal (Rafael at CM?) that still loving won.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Pretty happy with our business but still have a sneaking suspicion Coutinho will be sold before the Spanish window shuts. If that's the case I'll be disappointed.

Most happy with us confirming Keita though. He looks like an absolute star.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

triple sulk posted:

Clapton FC

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
So Diego Costa is basically chilling indefinitely in Brazil then?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's September

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Spanish window is still open.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Genius move closing the transfer thread. Great stuff.

Swansea still waiting for confirmation on whether Andy Yiadom's move from Barnsley made it through in time. Loan to buy or some bollocks. We desperately need another full-back or two but a 25-year old Championship player?

Jeff Montero might finally be on his way out to Getafe on loan as well.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Someone needs to transfer the mods IMO.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
GG must stay and honor his commitment.

Are there any Huddersfield Town fans here? They must be having a good time given how the season has started.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Brony Car posted:

GG must stay and honor his commitment.

Are there any Huddersfield Town fans here? They must be having a good time given how the season has started.

I've met 2 (two) Huddersfield fans irl despite living in The South. I don't really talk to either of them any more though so I don't know but I assume that yes they're enjoying being third in the Premier League after three games.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

They'll be dancing in the streets of Huddersfield Town tonight.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Some nice reports that Rafa is open to job offers, kill me

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

don't blame him

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

don't blame him

I don't either. Ashley's statement in may that Rafa would be backed to the hilt seems a long time ago now.

I hope that Ashley sells the club because it'll always be a mismanaged dumpster fire until he goes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Xabi posted:

Someone needs to transfer the mods IMO.

Why don't you transfer your mouth on to deez nuts haha

No but seriously, I didn't close the thread and also the transfer season is over. You're stuck with whatever garbage you have so get used to it!!!

I watched Sanchez play for Chile last night and he was gash. Clearly not in the right mental state.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sign him up, Ivan

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Rooney got charged with drink driving.

First week off international duty and he gets hammered and goes for a drive. loving lol

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

CyberPingu posted:

First week off international duty and he gets hammered and goes for a drive. loving lol

imagine being forced out to play for your boyhood club

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
I am 8ing 2 be an Arsenal fan 4 n0w.

It's a right 5hit 5how.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

CyberPingu posted:

In a VW Beetle, no less. Somehow makes it even funnier.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Personally I'm glad that fans of another team finally agree that Rafa is good

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gigi Galli posted:

the transfer season is over. You're stuck with whatever garbage you have so get used to it!!!

Nope.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Maybe you should make a Welsh transfer thread

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The Yiadom deal is rumoured to have failed because Huw Jenkins didn't realise the forms had to be in before 11pm.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

According to Neymar, Coutinho's taking his stay at Liverpool kinda hard.

Neymar posted:

"Unfortunately, instead of being a happy time for him [Coutinho], for his family, it's a moment of anguish, disappointment and sadness. I like to see him happy because he is a teammate and a friend that I've had for a long time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Anything worth a poo poo is over, let go sassassin. It's ok. We're here for you.

• Locked thread