Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Adrien Silva to Leicester is still up in the air. Important for them after the Drinkwater departure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

The Yiadom deal is rumoured to have failed because Huw Jenkins didn't realise the forms had to be in before 11pm.

You've made these names up.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Rafa is a fat snake and a homewrecker. He just wants to leave so he doesn't have the inevitable relegation on his record which is his fault and NOT gentle Mike Ashley's.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

According to Neymar, Coutinho's taking his stay at Liverpool kinda hard.
At least his back is feeling better. :unsmith:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Blue Star Error posted:

Rafa is a fat snake and a homewrecker. He just wants to leave so he doesn't have the inevitable relegation on his record which is his fault and NOT gentle Mike Ashley's.

He is also a fat Spanish waiter

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hope meymar has his legs broken tbh

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Everyone else hated Rafa and greg eventually had to ban us saying that name, but now the geordies understand why we loved him. The start of a beautiful friendship between our 2 clubs, you should have loaned Origi off us.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Rafa won us the Europa Leaauge, so I think he's fairly loving win op.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
it was just nice to have a decent manager for a change

past tense intentional in preparation for him joining West Ham on the 14th

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's September.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

It's September.

Is it

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
jfc "anguish"? come the gently caress on cooter you didn't just lose a child to cancer

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
In fairness, it's noted fuccboi Neymar describing Coutinho in Spanish, not a direct quote

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yiadom deal fell through due to Swansea being a tinpot club run by a failed builders merchant but Montero's move to Getafe was finalised without issue (as the Spanish transfer window is still open?).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it wouldn't take much to keep newcastle stuck in mid table but ashley seems insistent on loving it up. he wants to sell the club but also wants £400m for a club that just got promoted and might get relegated again lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Yiadom deal fell through due to Swansea being a tinpot club run by a failed builders merchant but Montero's move to Getafe was finalised without issue (as the Spanish transfer window is still open?).

It closes this evening

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

it wouldn't take much to keep newcastle stuck in mid table but ashley seems insistent on loving it up. he wants to sell the club but also wants £400m for a club that just got promoted and might get relegated again lol

it does come with a big stadium full of dim witted northerners

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

It is

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Eau de MacGowan posted:

So Diego Costa is basically chilling indefinitely in Brazil then?

You mean Spain. The man is Spanish.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tarbrush posted:

In fairness, it's noted fuccboi Neymar describing Coutinho in Spanish, not a direct quote

That's a good point, Coutinho is probably overjoyed after pushing hard for a move to Barcelona repeatedly and not getting it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Der Shovel posted:

That's a good point, Coutinho is probably overjoyed after pushing hard for a move to Barcelona repeatedly and not getting it.

I'm sure he's pissed, I'm not sure he's crying in the shower or whatever was quoted.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why everyone gets so mad about the transfer thread while it's open, you don't have to read it.

Seems like every year people are climbing over each other to complain about it, as if they're not interested in the circus playing out

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

He's a fat Brazilian despite who he plays for internationally

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't get why everyone gets so mad about the transfer thread while it's open, you don't have to read it.

Seems like every year people are climbing over each other to complain about it, as if they're not interested in the circus playing out

It's a relic from the theater of memes era. Everyone complains about the transfer thread and then posts in the transfer thread. It's dumb.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Arsenal are going up!

-a post from 2018

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

TheBigAristotle posted:

people are parroting the finn for some reason. I like it because I'm not gonna arse myself to go read up on any team except my own so it's a good summary

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The main complain with the transfer thread (and this used to be much worse) is that it would devolve in to pages upon pages of Arsenal and Liverpool (and it's always those two teams) fans making GBS threads themselves over baseless theories about who was going to play where and the inner goings on of the team which had nothing to do with anything and was impossible to know anyway. This kinda happened in the last 5 or 6 pages on the deadline day, which is fine since it's a big shitshow anyway.

The thing I'm assuming everyone would like to avoid is a pile of posts with fantasy lineups that will never happen, and that has gotten chased out for the most part. If we honestly think that there is transfer activity going on now that has any importance, and I don't think there is to warrant it's own thread but I'd be happy to be proven wrong, I can re-open the thread.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Gigi Galli posted:

The main complain with the transfer thread (and this used to be much worse) is that it would devolve in to pages upon pages of Arsenal and Liverpool (and it's always those two teams) fans making GBS threads themselves over baseless theories about who was going to play where and the inner goings on of the team which had nothing to do with anything and was impossible to know anyway. This kinda happened in the last 5 or 6 pages on the deadline day, which is fine since it's a big shitshow anyway.

The thing I'm assuming everyone would like to avoid is a pile of posts with fantasy lineups that will never happen, and that has gotten chased out for the most part. If we honestly think that there is transfer activity going on now that has any importance, and I don't think there is to warrant it's own thread but I'd be happy to be proven wrong, I can re-open the thread.

-------------------Szczesny-----------------

-----Evans-----VVD-------Koscielny-----

Bellerin--Bender--Xhaka--Kolsanic

--------Sanchez-------Lemar-------------

----------------Lacazette--------------------

Did I do it right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The man is certainly Brazilian. And he was just included in the Chelsea Premier League squad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Don't see any reason why we can't just use the league threads.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

Don't see any reason why we can't just use the league threads.

To keep the inevitable meltdowns in one easily searchable place.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just start a 'Liverpool v Arsenal: the final debate' thread and let the forums equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb contain itself there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Just start a 'Liverpool v Arsenal: the final debate' thread and let the forums equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb contain itself there.

nah finn doesn't post here anymore

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=118938

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I think it's easy enough to search for my posts as it is

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain posted:

We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Lol that's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Jfc that's quite something