Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So does Mattis get to be Imperator Mattis now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Prop Wash posted:

pro-click for anyone that didn't already read, also contains this masterpiece of saying absolutely nothing

:psyduck:

https://youtu.be/_LjN3UclYzU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Zeroisanumber posted:

My guess is that he's going to announce his trade war with China, but it's Trump so who honestly knows?

Tries to announce trade war, accidentlybstarts real war

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
We need a :2017: smile that's trump pissing on a globe

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

At least Hilldog got to clear her mind with a walk in the woods.

I wouldn't be surprised if a vet went ventilating craniums after their checks stop for whatever reason. Theirs or others.

I'm well off, and if my Education benefits stop I'm suddenly broke. Imagine broke brains who already have it rough.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

TBeats posted:

If I absolutely had to, I could last for three or four months on my savings. After that?

:black101::black101::black101:

I could start selling my possessions. But I'd be reluctant to sell my car if congress hosed me over

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Internet Wizard posted:

The McElroy boys are the best thing to come out of that state

I heard of them from Adventure Zone. Didn't know they were from WV. What else have they done?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Trump being positive to his twitter followers and suppporters?

SKULL.GIF posted:

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/Protrump45/followers

that's a shitload of Russian bot followers

her Periscope link on her profile leads to a dead end

Her website is a Trump merch site and the only person modeling any of the gear is the woman in the picture

Account created January 2017, with this many followers but not anyone of note and most of the followers being Trump bots. Despite having 150k followers she barely dredges up 30-50 likes per tweet, and is somehow following 35k people

This sure smells Russian to me

https://twitter.com/Protrump45/status/893618845490880512

:lol:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

isnt he an art major too?

Depends if you count bad opinions as art?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
White House renovations! Need to work from the golf course! Fake news! Draft dodgers!

Oh my

The red hat is like an ingrown toenail and it's getting infected.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
DOOOOOOM

DOOOOOOOOOOOM

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don't steal my canned sunshine.

TFR & D&D seem to believe that we here at GiP lust for nuclear suntans.

(Hail SS-18's cleansing fire)

TBeats posted:

They couldn't do much of anything just a year ago.

Maybe I'm the only one who think we should take it seriously since they've advanced their capabilities relatively quickly. Maybe you're right though. I'm sure they're done advancing at this point.

I think its more that people have simply been pretending that they can't do what they do every year so they're continually a few years ahead and we're just now starting to see wide-scale acknowledgement of their real capabilities.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Genocide Tendency posted:

To be fair. It doesn't matter how many you have. Its how many you can launch before your sites are erased and how many of those hit anything of value.

Is Seoul a target of value? Kadina? Yokuska? Tokyo?

We keep moving the goal posts, years ago North Korea revealed their capability with nuclear weapons, they're now showing that they can threaten the mainland US with them. Regionally they've been a credible threat for years.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

shame on an IGA posted:

We must secure the existence of Joe Biden and a future for his corvette

I will ride shiny and chrome for that corvette driver

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Donald DRUMPF, am I right?

His mother was an illegal immigrant I think?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

Mueller and the FBI are running one hell of a tight ship if a raid like that stayed unreported for two full weeks, drat.

Donnies people are too scared to show weakness in public.

This and more, if true, also possibly explains why don seemed slightly more unhinged in the past few weeks

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Scaramucchi is going to be on Colbert next Monday

"So Mooch you went undercover in the trump administration, what was it like?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

crazyivan45 posted:

Can a president unilaterally order a nuclear strike or is there a two-man rule in place? IE: Trump gets mad at lil Kim, decides to cleanse Pyongyang, can he just ask for the football and launch? Or does he have to get someone else in his cabinet to agree as well? If so, whats to stop him from just going down the list until he gets a yes?

legally and funtionally its 100% the presidents call. People in the room have to not allow him to physically give the order for that to change. The people in the CoC could theoretically ignore the order but they drill such that they shouldn't ever really know the difference between a training order and a real order for that exact purpose.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
http://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/2016/11/18/the-president-and-the-bomb/

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/wasim_dr/status/895347968429232133

Global warming. Nuclear war. End of days

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If anybody knows someone in the press pool, survey then to see if any of them would risk getting shot by the secret service if trump pulls out the football in the middle of a presser to act macho.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

If the president can believe things on twitter than so can I :colbert:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So this whole Korea thing is starting to feel closer to 50/50 rather than 'inconceivable'

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I've got a hair up my butt (again) about him implying that B-1s are nuke-capable (at the moment) but yeah he's right. Wake me up when freight trains loaded down with Abrams tanks are heading toward the West Coast.

Seriously though you can't find a precedent for Trump among American presidents. Even the Republicans from the Gilded Age don't fit. You've got to go back to Roman times and their decadent emperors.

I don't think we have any intention or need to send (more) heavy armor to Korea. The upper peninsula is an awful place of mountains and infantry only areas.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Air Force also got high on the fumes of burning Japanese cities in WWII and went murder-crazy.

Yeah I agree though and while the cult of personality around Mattis for instance is pretty eyerollworthy, he has a reputation for not being an idiot, getting close to what's going on, leading men in combat.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/895811887400591363

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

Well I guess Venezuelan are hotter than norks. Sigh.

I wanna help the country and I do need a wife....

But also seriously check out the Venezuelan thread because things aren't going great.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Ha, my sister lives in dc and was just recently telling me about doing a massive double-take when she saw some creepy dude in a coffee shop and realised it was him

Did she walk up and pour salt in his coffee? I would marry her for that.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

Edit2: Links cleaned up. Footage gets good around 0:40 https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/896200377099587585

Was expecting molotovs... got, something? Nazis bad? Politics is weird these days and I don't understand it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's pretty simple, really: I'm right, and disagreeing with me is a moral wrong.

I'm left, and I have drones and fire? Game of thrones more relevant than I thought....

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

You know how you can't yell fire in a theater because it is considered dangerous speech?

Like that.

Free speech!

Let them hang flags and Heil, if I ever see it i'm getting into a brawl. Free speech of fist. Luckily I was in the Navy and learned to keep bail money and a lawyers phone number handy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Cugel the Clever posted:

Looks like a significant number of the fascists have fled with their tails between their legs. Buzzfeed crew actually came across some armed left-wingers, too.

Watched a few streams, it was good.

People really need to start wearing uniforms and take a hint from british soccer hooligan brawls. Left is really out of practice protesting and forming lines.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

The Iron Rose posted:

On the one hand, I dislike the idea of banning political speech you disagree with. It shouldn't be illegal to be a white supremacist.

....on the other hand, there are white nationalists and Klanners on the streets of Charlottesville. Time for the National Guard to reenact Kent State. Killing Klanners and Nazis ain't hatred, it's a goddamn civic duty.

Don't need the national guard for that. If theres a rally in the area get some buddies and brawl. Pepe's and Red Hats fold under actual confrontation.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

edit: might have been multiple vehicles

That looks bad. V. Bad

https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/896429257865482241

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
at 7:30

https://twitter.com/Rebelutionary_Z/status/896424552955236352

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Professor Bling posted:

I buy poo poo that can penetrate intermediate barriers :shrug:

Just gotta get more trigger time in and pick up a long gun

I think its more hitting a moving car in a crowd?

Edgar posted:

So the car that drove through people, is that a neo-nazi guy driving the car or the crowd is the neo nazis?

Police dispersed the original #unitetheright rally, now its just scattered crowds marching around, mostly anti-nazis. The crowd that got hit was anti-nazi.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone have a cdl license

Its 2017

college kids

with drones

:thunk:

what could happen

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Third World Reggin posted:

I saw pictures of the lead car, the one who did not run people over by their own momentum

there were some dents in the car, so who knows

Three cars got slammed into each other and shoved forward by about 50 feet. People got bounced off of them.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Looked like a body bounced off the car during the accident to me.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

brake lights on

if youre breaking and you still hit at 40mph and move the cars in front of you that was quite a running start in a 30mph zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Terrifying Effigies posted:

By the way, in case you thought this was over with there's another Alt-Right rally by the same folks scheduled for Boston:

On one hand I hope I don't have bruises when I show up to work the next monday... On the other, rage.

• Locked thread