Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Two retired generals in positions of power huh

I think we should give them new titles. Maybe names that refer to how they council the president.

Consul has a nice ring to it? It'd fit, considering the hard-on the founding fathers had for the Roman Republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

TBeats posted:

someone break it down for me. what do people theorize would happen if we just.... left afghanistan? not leaving a small group of US troops behind. i mean 100% of all US assets out.

if the answer is gas prices would go up, then that's the answer. if the answer is all of america would die due to terrorist attacks, then that is the answer. but what do "experts" or whatever think?

Depends

Is an immediate withdrawl from the country followed by an immediate re-entry with MIRVs?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Tweakerville USA

Washington state

I guess we know where 14 INCH DICK went. :(

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

14 POUND MUSHROOMS has a better ring to it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Brush up on your Korean and Farsi boys

Soju, juseyo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Russia's spy plane over Washington DC is adorable.
A manned spyplane in 2017 is just adorable.

U-2S is still flying in support of the forever war...

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

KildarX posted:

2. Russia with delusions of the USSR

What's scary is that the Russian Federation doesn't have delusions of being the USSR. I think Putin et al have learned from the mistakes the late USSR and early Russian Federation made, especially militarily.

If they were just being USSR lite with massive divisions of conscript armies I'd be less concerned than I am now.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

VX CURES EVERYTHING

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Doesn't do credit to Rasputin.

Rasputin plowed all sorts of Slavic Strange from peasant to noble and drank so much that even RUSSIANS thought he had a drinking issue. Maybe that's why the poison didn't take at first which is why the LEAD CURES RASPUTIN approach had to be taken.

Bannon looks like he'd keel over dead from a brief jog.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

hey guys

does anyone remember what 'normal' feels like anymore?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

That vice reporter has bigger balls than I

Of course that bald oval office packs a keltec

Can't wait for that Canadian dude at the start to get found and charged under hate speech laws.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There are only two posters on this entire gay dead forum that I have on ignore, and PCOS BILL is one of them.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

So I'm going to see Rancid and Drop Kick Murphy in Seattle tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to deal with any Nazi fuckboys. When I saw them about a decade ago a skinhead got on stage and threw a Nazi salute and the bassist blasted him across the back with his instrument.
Oh well better wear my boots just in case...

I highly recommend boots regardless, I saw them in Toronto a few weeks back with Bouncing Souls and it was AWESOME, nazis would have been pummeled to dust

That pit was rough on my old broken fat body

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

STATES RIGHTS ARGLBARLGFUCK

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Thwomp posted:

This era is going to be like the Egyptian era with King Tut and his dad: a weird detour that everyone will quickly erase from memory by burying it all in a golden tomb in the middle of nowhere, forgotten about for thousands of years.

Poor Tut. Kid was lame(literally) as gently caress, and so inbred that his kids (with his half-sister) were all stillborn. But after Akenaten died Tut was at least like "Ok that whole sun disk god Aten thing hasn't really worked out, let's re-open all the temples and let the priests back in"

And the priest class were STILL so pissed off after he died that they tried to erase mention of Akenaten AND Tut from the list of Kings. Thanks, Horemheb for a campaign of damnatio memoriae!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

LongDarkNight posted:

I feel like he could have condensed that down to 14 words.
:thunk:

:vince:

:perfect:

This is not getting enough love.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

BigDave posted:

Heh, yeah, I guess he could have...

...I don't get it. :confused:

Goes a little something like this (I'm not writing the whole thing out because I'm at work)

We must secure the existence...

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Man you guys really need to watch Bon Cop Bad Cop if you want your dose of zany buddy cop comedy

It's a by the book anglo cop with a lone wolf Quebecois cop.

One of the most Canadian movies ever, complete with crazy hockey fans and horrific Quebecois accents.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 18, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There are rumors that Gorka may be on the way out too.

Chaos reigns.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Man these loss edits are getting weirder and weirder

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

ENTIRE CA CENTRAL COAST OVERCAST. THANKS DARPA

It wasn't that bad in Venice beach

All the snapchat techbros were out and the homeless/locals were giving them poo poo

Venice is weird

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

40F is cold?

Oh my sweet summer child.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

gently caress that polar vortex bullshit, a month straight with -20C sucked real bad.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

dubzee posted:

Woo church chat!

I was raised Wesleyan (think methodist but stricter). The modern American evangelical movement is the fuckin worst. Osteen, Dollar and countless others preaching prosperity and hate for gays, Muslims, atheists ignores the most basic teachings of Jesus. "Judge not lest ye be judged." "All men are equal in the eyes of the Lord."

When was the last time you saw an evangelical actively try to be like Jesus?

gently caress em

I'm not Roman Catholic anymore but I was raised in The Religion, and Pope Francis is the most decent Pope we've had for quite a while. JPII and Benedict both had failings, Benedict much more than JPII but at least Benedict was a placeholder pope.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Godholio posted:

I just think we're going to see a core of shitheads stick around causing problems. No question we can let them throw fireballs at nazis all they want.

Based off of what, exactly?

Also you guys have kinda made your reputation in the world by killin' Natzees. Why is there so much hand-wringing about it now?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Well, couldn't we TECHNICALLY consider a lot of the poo poo that Nazi's say as "Fighting words" Which are unprotected free speech as per Chaplinksy vs. New Hampshire?

quote:

Words which would likely make the person whom they are addressed commit an act of violence. Fighting words are a category of speech that is unprotected by the First Amendment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm going camping this weekend, if I come back to 1000 new posts I'll know that pisstape is real

• Locked thread