Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its like talking with a Markov chat bot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

someone break it down for me. what do people theorize would happen if we just.... left afghanistan? not leaving a small group of US troops behind. i mean 100% of all US assets out.

if the answer is gas prices would go up, then that's the answer. if the answer is all of america would die due to terrorist attacks, then that is the answer. but what do "experts" or whatever think?

Afghanistan would continue to be a lovely place and every decade or so we'd be the victim of a shocking but ultimately irrelevant terror event, kinda like now.

Oh yeah we'd melt down because our national identity is tied to the military's success and extricating ourselves from the War on Terror means it was one giant pointless failure. We're too far down that rabbit hole to come out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/893138528019726337

I hope it is declaring we're attacking nK/Iran/Canada as he is heading on a well deserved vacation.

As part of a deal with the HFC to help lower the deficit, the Trump admin has sold West Virginia for $500m to a Russian investment group

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

BigDave posted:

If he had half a brain, he'd announce the reestablishment of the Civilian Conservation Corp or some other kind of public works program.

It'd make him crazy popular with the Appalachian region and give the finger to McConnell at the same time.

that sound you hear would be the autistic screeching of the HFC and every other deficit hawk in the land.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They'll shoot up a VA clinic or a restaurant owned by foreigners(IE people from another state)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Every single story that I've read about WV talks about the outside employer who comes in to suck up all that cheap labor but can't find employees who can pass a drug test. It's almost a trope by now.

This is the case most times someone brings some industrial type business to lovely states because CHEAP LABOR. They cant find enough staff to pass drug tests and then the ones they do hire are incapable of doing the job

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

I'm impressed they got a conviction when no one he defrauded actually lost money.

He's a sacrificial lamb

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We're easy to blame because we do have a long and retarded history of overthrowing governments

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It was funny for a bit but at this point he's just becoming another statistic and I'm not really down with reading about it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yes tell me more about how a group with virtually no power or means to acquire it is ruining things

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

A $15 minimum wage in the US probably won't increase prices, but it will definitely speed up adoption of automation of low-paying nonskilled labor.

that poo poo is already done. high paying, non-skilled labor is next on the chopping block. im looking at you, oilfield workers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Do you interact with people?
Is your job repetitive?

If you answered no to the first, and yes to the second, congrats youre going to get automated out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm a skilled machine operator they can't possiblly automate and if they do it will just make my life easier cause I'll have to just moniter the equipment. Also MGS5 is coming true.

Yeah this is basically my client that owns a cutting edge machine shop. Load material, load program, play on cell phone while making sure it doesnt spin apart. There isnt much fat left to cut there.

Thats even if you want someone to bother watching. If you're doing cutting then you can just fill the stocker with material, send the program to it then come back and collect your sheets full of cut widgets Monday morning.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr_Ruckus posted:

That said, I'm for an increased minimum wage, but it's just going to force us as a country to figure out how to keep the same (or even increase) amount of employment so the same people are getting those wages.

there's an easy solution to this but it is DOA because it involves making the rich actually pay something

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Mueller and his Dream Team all left REALLY high-paying legal jobs.

Total salaries at random law firms: Mueller $3.4m, others $5.8m, $2m, $1.4m etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...0d7e_story.html

Like I said before, this is a once in a lifetime chance. If this really happens, they go down in law history and command even higher prices

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

and then everyone will want to get nukes because we will back down if they get them

post-WW2 foreign policy of the US and USSR/Russia already showed that the only way to survive is either get nukes or friends with nukes. That genie ain't being put back in the bottle.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

He makes me feel okay about my slightly receding hairline and little bit larger than normal forehead.

you shouldnt feel ok about that leper!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They'll institute this and someone will be beating down McNally's door asking why his wife didn't sign the oath

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 10, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

so how hosed is everyone in SK if pyongyang catches a nuke?

because it would be kind of weird to watch chest thumping, military boner republicans and republican supporters kill a bunch of american troops and be okay with it.

because i am 100% certain there's a larger than acceptable group of people that would cheer him on if he nuked NK and killed abunch of american troops in the process.

the same Republicans that are all aboard turbo-loving transgendered service members?

remember, they care about the idea of the military, not the actual people.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
do we have any armor besides whats in Korea that isnt painted desert tan

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yeah pretty certain Mattis realizes that the military can't solve non-military problems which irks the poo poo out of atleast half the country.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Good things do happen

CNN is finally done with fuckstain Jeffrey Lord

The reason? He apparently threw out a sieg heil in a tweet.

He didn't just 'throw out' a Sieg Heil tweet, he valiantly defended it against anyone that said 'thats not a good idea'

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its UVA so what happened is some trust fund kid took a bunch of tiki torches from his parents vacation home and they marched about the plight of the downtrodden rich white man.

if someone had dropped sarin on them you'd have trouble shedding a tear.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I am I agreeing with Pat Roberts on something? :stare:

Pat Roberts didnt actually say what group he was disliking

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

You can read this as condemning the counter-protesters, not the Nazis. Intentional?

what does your heart tell you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

Hot take: If neonazis are open carrying at their rallies, then anti-fa needs to start carrying at theirs and be ready to make good on it or this poo poo's going to keep happening over and over and over and no one's going to do anything about it.

loving hell America. If you're going to die like this at least do it on your feet, gritting your teeth into the wind, safe in the knowledge that you died trying to kill nazism.

to be fair there were actually some dudes carrying on the antifa side. its about time they figured out where this is going.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Two Finger posted:

He was far too good for you.

maybe if he'd of been just slightly better we could have avoided this entire mess

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Uh I'm not sure if yall are aware but there's a whole bunch of lovely people in this country they just kinda hid it until their minds broke in 2008 and a black man became President

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

And when they go full retard we should break their skulls open so those worthless minds can get some fresh air.

M1 GARAND CURES NAZIS

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
holy poo poo lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

someone find me a cool antifa flag to fly in front of my house

http://antifaunited.bigcartel.com/product/3x5-sharp-flag

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

one that wasn't obviously on the way out probably.

christ you really are this dumb arent you. it really isnt an act.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
"lol just move you poors" was literally Trump's advice a week or two ago so congrats on sharing policy positions

also,

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Smiling Jack posted:

the world financial markets are a giant shared hallucination

pretty much. the news isn't LIBOR is all made up because anyone with an ounce of critical thinking sees that our entire financial system is musical chairs. the news is that someone actually mentioned it publicly and the biggest fear the rich have is that everyone else figures out its all bullshit.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/RogueCPI/status/896804821294088192

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Im not gonna tell you what you should do in your social circle but its gotta stop somewhere. Thankfully the worst I'm dealing with is "we just need prayer and talking to end the violence" and no motherfucker my granddads didn't end this poo poo with prayer they ended it with .30-06 and high explosives

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
well thats pointless.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Yo gently caress having to clean silly string and glitter off of poo poo

buy more with your DHS funbux

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Well he got more confirmed kills out than in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

Did... did the Navy not screen this poo poo before release? drat

I watched in on PBS when it first aired and its one of those things you're surprised was made since it really doesn't paint people in that great of a light.

• Locked thread