Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wonder if this white house is competent enough to inform russia and china we're sendigmn in the doorkickers and launching some missles and to nto take them as overt hostile acts and hit the big red one

lol

I am curious to see how china deals with NK collapse as there is not a loving chance in helll theyll take a US presence on their border

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

Yo, so can someone explain to a non-American what the gently caress is up with Florida? I mean besides the old people, Cuban exiles, and a depressing amount of swampland.

Please ask questions as a resident I will do my best

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I went to Saint Thomas Aquinas and tuition for normal kids was like 14K a year for the first kid and the second one was like 8 or 9K.

I played on a baseball "scholarship" that was a really heavy discount on tuition...or a grant. I'm not sure my parents didn't tell me. They paid full price for my sister. Alot of the black kids on the football team didn't pay anything obv due to need and the fact that they were athletic freaks.

If you got any money in SFL your kid goes to STA, American Heritage, Chammada Madonna (spelling) , Cardinal Gibbons or River Everglades.

High school bro.14k for high school. Not including books or food lol.

But God drat that athletic program.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I'm the lightly photoshoppd core

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm a skilled machine operator they can't possiblly automate and if they do it will just make my life easier cause I'll have to just moniter the equipment. Also MGS5 is coming true.

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/894940416931319808

The Forever War is coming

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
N.Korea is gunna be Donnies saving grace. Everyone kicked that can of poo poo down the road and now it's fallen to the least qualified person EVER to deal with it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

KildarX posted:

Is it possible the only thing don man is guilty of WRT election fuckery, is that he surrounds himself with a combination of Russian plants/incompetence/ shady business men because he's an easy dude to be around if you just act like a Don man is big strong maga warrior with the most bigly hands?

This is probably the most likely scenario IMO. Donald is too easy to run without actually putting your hands on him. The buttons are too easy to press and he doesn't need to be controlled that closely. Surround him with the "right" people and let it happen naturally. Plus he's technically "clean".

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

Plan to institute military oath against suicide could backfire, some experts say

Another winning idea from the party of small government alongside abstinence only sex ed :patriot:

Safety contract lmao. I work in addiction treatment and behavioral health and that poo poo don't work lmao. All they are is a piece of paper absolving the facility of responsibility for your death if you off your self on their premises.

Alot of facilities who don't wanna deal with it are actually just bouncing suicidal people out the the street cause they don't want the lawsuit or bad press of having someone eat a bullet or OD on their premises

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Oath of Exit" might not be the worst name they could have picked, but it's certainly up there.

Sounds like a warhammer space marine thing

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm declaring an oath of exit on my penis as soon as I get home I'm going to bang my girlfriend or knock one out

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Taco Bell declares and oath of exit on my anus

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

"The Market" doesn't exist anymore.

I swear, threads or something should be required viewing for anybody born after 1990 in high School. people just don't appreciate nuclear power anymore

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Could you imagine seeing Light streak through the sky and a mushroom cloud rise far far in the horizon and going " I hope my stocks are going to be ok.....shouldn't have maxed out the 401k I guess"

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What the gently caress is all that

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Civil War 2: Nuclear Boogaloo

Time to call DARPA up with whatever crazy cloning poo poo they've got and raise Sherman from the dead.

Seriously though, man what the gently caress is going on in America

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

Donnie just retweeted this:
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/897107711434915842

He just doesn't know how to stop digging.

Tickets to Chicago are like 80$ memorial day weekend

And now I know why

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Civil disobedience still has legal consequences. gently caress the south and their participation trophies but tearing down a statue, no matter how repugant, is still a crime.

I mean punch Nazis and tear down statues all you want but don't forget assault and criminal mischief are still (usually) crimes.

Not sure what "raiding homes" means here though, executing search warrants? Arrest warrants?

no knocks with flashbangs?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
In regards to chain of command if the military hypothetically in this current Tom Clancy novel were living in decided to say f*** it we're not listening where would that decision even need to be made in order for it to carry any sort of serious weight?

I'm in traffic right now and using voice to text please excuse the Stars

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

so if all of the branches already have what cybercom is going to do, and if NSA keeps all the spy poo poo, what's the point of cybercom?

intergration...reduction of stovepiping...fluid processes in a dynamic battlespace.

All for a few trillion in some fat senators district

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Man conditions on the ground make me feel like they're going for a McNamara type approach where it's gunna be all about stats. Echoes of nam?

Is he intending to build a government with taliban or no? My stream cut

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Not nation building. Killing terrorist. Wow..... Lotta boners popping now

Pakistan pivot!!!!

The billions of dollars are to secure their nukes but lol I like putting em on the racks for it. How is he gunna make Pakistan demonstrate their poo poo?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
NO ROE'S WEAPONS FREE PLAYBOY

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The Philippine approach to National Security and Foreign Policy....

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Guys I think this means you don't have to ask for confirmation before you shoot anymore.

DO YOU SEE A WEAPON?

IS HE FIRING AT YOU?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Wow we are still holding onto the Afghan forces to do poo poo? Wtf who briefed him

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm strategically applied force

:jerkbag:

What is this a loving entry level foreign policy paper

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wonder if this means we are gunna send artillery or troops into Pakistan now.

Like let's say on the border you see them spotting or setting up rockets/mortars or your in hot pursuit of some people who just fired on you....What's the call?

We deferring that one out to battlefield commanders

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
post hot takes cause im working in a buffalow wild wings tonight

by working i mean sitting at a bar on my laptop not being employed by bww

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Kemper Boyd posted:

It's kind of interesting that there's now groups on the left who figured out that getting strapped for protests is a good idea if you don't want to get messed with.

Interesting in the "may you live in interesting times" way.

Meanwhile, in Finland:

So, the Moroccan dude who stabbed eight people and killed two victims, turns out that the Security Intelligence Service knew about him. They had a report from January which among other things, told them that the dude wanted to join ISIS, had been a drug dealer in Italy, probably was a drug dealer here too and was bragging about having killed a dude in Morocco. They did absolutely nothing about it.

Which is a pattern emerging from all spree killings (and attempts) that have been taking place in the last few years.

Dude who ran over a bunch of people? Had made threats against people before the fact, was bragging beforehand how he's not gonna break for pedestrians now more, all of this was reported to the police. Had a fairly extensive criminal record too.

Spree killer who shot three women at random outside a bar? People had filed reports to the police about him being crazy and owning a bunch of guns.

Guy who shot at cops from a rooftop with a rifle, severely injured one? Same thing.

Innocent until proven guilty. Not sure where the line is between holy poo poo serious intent -> Action.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
How hosed am I flying into Miami tomorrow night

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

tastefully arranged labia posted:

the end times are truly upon us

Allah Akbar brother

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I worked for Accenture and MBAs are loving idiots. If my project lead or client liaison was an MBA poo poo was always waaaaay harder than it needed to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
MBAs seem to want to build castles on air generally speaking and the can-do, go get it attitude is Def usually a positive from a leadership perspective espc if you are bringing a wide ranging diverse team together imo but it really can become overbearing particularly when people enjoy huffing their own farts and live in a different reality.

But you were all military so I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir

• Locked thread