Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

bird food bathtub posted:

President can't pardon state level convictions from what I've read. Does it even apply to Sheriff Shitfucker? Not that Donnie Dipshit won't do it anyway if Fox & Friends run a piece on it, but if it's state level wouldn't that just be more people standing around awkwardly staring at their shoes unable to carry out the diaper baby edict of the day?
Joe Arpaio's case is federal, so Donnie could pardon him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Missionary Positron posted:

Yo, so can someone explain to a non-American what the gently caress is up with Florida? I mean besides the old people, Cuban exiles, and a depressing amount of swampland.
Florida is the third most populated state after California and Texas and has a population equivalent to Finland, Norway, and Sweden combined. Florida's open records law also makes it easy for journalists to find weirdness.

quote:

You'll notice something when you read so many "Weird Florida" news stories. They almost always include the phrase "according to the arrest report."

As journalists, all we have to do in most cases is call the police department and ask for an arrest report, and the cops are required to give it to us. Nowadays a lot of cops simply email the reports, and some departments even post arrest records online. Some of the more dedicated weird-Florida-news reporters go through batches of arrest reports at a time.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

shyduck posted:

Apparently Bitcoin forked. There's now Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin plummeted as people are trying to get Bitcoin Cash.

I'm not even sure what I just wrote.
Nah, bitcoin is fine. It started the day at $2800, dipped to $2700, but that's normal.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Edgar posted:

Mormons are beginning to start splitting away from the boy scouts.
https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1016&sid=44204644
Mormons started splitting away the moment they allowed the gays. Something like 20% of all scouts were Mormons, so it's a pretty serious loss.

The largest break-away group is Trail Life USA which is strictly NO HOMO AND doesn't allow Jews, Mormons, or Jehovah's Witnesses to join.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

orange juche posted:

Then again Florida did have the dude who ate the other dude's face.
Weirdest part is the guy had nothing in his system besides weed. Just one day he decided to eat another dudes face.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Whaaat I thought that like the original bath salts dude?
Sheriff did blame bath salts before tox results came back, but all the pathologist found was :420:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/27/medical-examiner-finds-only-marijuana-in-miami-face-chewer-system.html#ixzz1z2Ne6RED

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Ashland Police Department is facing a federal lawsuit after they restrained and then repeatedly tased a teenager

https://youtu.be/lsup2UnyV8E
That's part of a longer video. Link to when they tased him for 45 uninterrupted seconds, with him restrained in a chair with five officers on him.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 2, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

So its in the process of happening. Watch for waves of independents running on fiscally conservative/socially liberal policies, causing the DNC to bitch about Bernie Bros ruining their chances of winning because they are loving retarded and can't understand that its not the Progressives that are torpedoing most their seats.

The fiscally conservative/socially liberal/mentally retarded/ are that big empty square in the lower-right. Source.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

You mean no one voted for a candidate that didn't exist? YOU DON'T SAY!

Someone campaigning that Washington is spending too much money on dumb poo poo and not giving the people things we need like decent health care is going to be very popular. Especially after the shitfest that was 2016.

Using the 2016 campaign as proof of anything other than "this is what happens when you make people choose between a punch in the face or a kick to the groin" is dumb.
You are willfully missing the point of the chart. There are very few dots in the fiscally conservative/socially liberal/mentally retarded/ quadrant and most of them voted for Other, ie Johnson. There is not a vast body of libertarians just waiting for the right candidate. Americans have collectively looked upon the libertarian plan and said "nah, gently caress off". The actual interesting part is the upper left quadrant: socially conservative/economically liberal, aka populists. They want a candidate that will ban abortion, get rid of the Mexicans, and give welfare to white people which is what they thought they were getting from Trump.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Two black vets snapped and went cop hunting. I don't think any vets have really tried to rack up a civilian body count - yet.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

I'm impressed they got a conviction when no one he defrauded actually lost money.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

KildarX posted:

I was curious about what that book was about, and it reads like a fictional "What if the history of the Democrat and Republican parties stopped right at the American Civil War and the southern strategy never existed." I thought what kind of an rear end in a top hat would try to pass this off as non fiction

Oh, I see.
Dinesh D'Souza and his entire approach to 'research' was the subject of an absolutely brutal own in the Economist.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

psydude posted:

I'm talking poo poo like fast food and shelf stocking. But yeah, mining has already been automated. I'm sure logging and oil will be next.
Little Caesars is on the cutting edge.

quote:

The Detroit-based company started selling hot pizzas today through two machines that it calls Pizza Portals at a store in Troy, 2993 E. Big Beaver, and in 14 stores in the Tucson, Ariz. area.

The machines are like lockers that keep pizzas hot until you pick them up.

You order and pay for your pie online through your mobile app. The pizzas are placed in the portal, and it unlocks when you arrive and punch in either a unique three-digit number or flash a QR code into a screen.

Fewer lines. No cashier.

It's like getting a DVD from Redbox or cash from an ATM.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

For those too lazy to click, it was this tweet
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/464251796354269184
I was 50/50 whether it was that or this one.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373743492151136256
Florida is the only place NK probably can't hit yet, so an irritating side effect of Trump's frequent golf trips is he very likely won't die in a nuclear first strike.
edit: forgot about this one
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/488841069451149312

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 8, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

suboptimal posted:

I've been at work today and haven't had a chance to dig into the news about DPRK beyond the OMFG SKY IS FALLING tweets. Is there evidence that suggests that DPRK has miniaturized nuclear weapons on ICBMs and is capable of actually deploying them, or is this "North Korea has hypothetically figured out how to miniaturize a nuke and put it on one of their homebuilt ICBMs of unknown capability"?
https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/885684961302507521
The DIA agrees.

quote:

“The IC [intelligence community] assesses North Korea has produced nuclear weapons for ballistic missile delivery, to include delivery by ICBM-class missiles,” the assessment states, in an excerpt read to The Washington Post. Two U.S. officials familiar with the assessment verified its broad conclusions. It is not known whether the reclusive regime has successfully tested the smaller design, although North Korea officially claimed last year that it had done so.
“There is no reason to think that the North Koreans aren’t making the same progress after so many successful nuclear explosions,” Lewis said. “The big question is: Why do we hold the North Koreans to a different standard than we held [Joseph] Stalin’s Soviet Union or Mao Zedong’s China? North Korea is testing underground, so we’re always going to lack a lot of details. But it seems to me a lot of people are insisting on impossible levels of proof because they simply don’t want to accept what should be pretty obvious.”

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

White supremacist got maced, did not like it
https://mobile.twitter.com/bobby/status/896447798765375489

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Obama Highway to really get blood pressures going.
There's precedent. When the KKK adopted a highway in Missouri, the legislature immediately renamed it the Rosa Parks Memorial highway.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

In theory couldn't you make some sort of chemical irritants with home or industrial cleaning materials? I'm not saying that happened, but isn't it at least theoretically possible? Didn't that happen with home made chlorine bomb attacks that occurred in Iraq.
Bleach+ammonia will generate toxic chloramine. You can generate chlorine gas by mixing potassium permanganate (available in pool supply stores and Amazon) with hydrochloric acid (I think bleach+hydrochloric acid would work too), but actually deploying it would be a bit of a trick. I guess you could just leave your gas generator somewhere or fill balloons since chlorine gas is much heavier than air.

edit: there was an unsolved chlorine gas attack at a furry convention a few years ago.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

We've killed plenty of afghani's born post 9/11 so it's only fair that we give them the opportunity to kill our post 9/11 children.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

KildarX posted:

So instead of kicking the can down the road perpetually is there a reason the Government doesnt just pass a law saying, "Yo we'll spend what we spend in perpetuity." or is this the conservative "GUBMENT WORK LIKE HOUSE BILLS TOO MUCH DEBT CHINAMAN OWN US!!!!!!" bullshit
Yes. Most other countries do not have 'debt ceilings' and work just fine. Congress could pass a law tomorrow abolishing the debt ceiling and that would be the end of it. It would have no effect on our yearly spending or country, we would just stop having the yearly ritual of the Republican party demanding a pound of flesh in exchange for not loving our economy.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Flikken posted:

How did trump react to hurricane Sandy? Anyone know?
What does your heart say?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265906714518384640
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266572894245625856
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/722181629528141824
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265570059752189954
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/268779449556824064

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Unless you are gay :v:

I tend to avoid giving money to Salvation Army, since they regularly use it to fund their religious missions instead of disaster relief.
The Salvation Army is virulently anti-gay. Some time ago I read a blog post by a guy who found himself homeless with his boyfriend and went to the Salvation Army for assistance. They would only help them if they broke up and gave up the gay lifestyle.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Arc Light posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

Perhaps Mexico will feel generous again. Last time, they sent several hundred service members, helicopters, trucks, and a Navy ship north to engage in search and rescue, first aid, debris cleanup, and food distribution.

Or, perhaps the president will keep tweeting about the border wall.
Even better Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

quote:

Cuba: One of the first countries to offer aid, Cuba offered to send 1,586 doctors and 26 tons of medicine. This aid was rejected by the State Department.[18] Also, before the 2006 World Baseball Classic, Cuba said they would donate their share of the winnings to Katrina victims to ensure the United States embargo against Cuba was not violated. However, after the tournament, the U.S. government refused to allow the donation.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, he specifically says "Hey friend of the family" and then aims AT the guy directly who was using the fire to defend himself and an older black man from a guy attacking them with a flag.

He totally intended to shoot.
It sounds like "die friend of the family" to me.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Darius McCollum's way of life is spreading.
Edit: if you've somehow never heard of New York's famous train and bus "thief".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/12/darius-mccollum-train-thief-dreams-new-york-transit

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 29, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

BigDave posted:

Wait what?!

A Walking Dead RPG? How the hell would that even work?

Nhillistic rape cannibals hunting down one eyed pre-teens with wanderlust?
It's a Pokemon Go-like game, so I'm guessing competing groups of survivors gathering supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Do you pull this boring contrarian poo poo in every thread?
Dead Reckoning isn't a contrarian troll, he is simply conservative in the senses that he will oppose any change to the status quo and be unfailingly deferential to authority.

• Locked thread